PDA

View Full Version : dark

riggerboy
02-Nov-11, 12:53
lord split me in two, the nights have fair drawn in now, when i left week it was light at 7 lord chav bree its dark now afore i get the dowg out a walk

Kodiak
02-Nov-11, 13:01
Yup, that to me is the first sign of Winter starting to get a grip. The next thing is the sound of Geese flying south followed by the smell of fireworks in the air.

Shortly after Winter comes along and I am trying to keep my wee house warm, Brrrrr.

I then look forward to March when the clocks go forward again and then that to me is the first sign of Spring, Much Better. :D

John Little
02-Nov-11, 13:04
Scotland has got its own government.

Seems to me that Wee Eck could look at setting time zones more in accord with what people want- why be bound by a piece of foolishness binding the whole UK which dates from 1915?

weezer 316
02-Nov-11, 13:34
Yeah i would be in favour of staying GMT all year round. I hate the dark mornings.

I think though our issue is that there simply isnt enough light in the winter and we have too much in the summer! Nothing we can do about that

pat
03-Nov-11, 08:57
In London at the moment - what a difference in the light, no wonder they appear happy to go with the potential 2 hour change instead of the 1 hour change.
I would go back to living south of the border again, much prefer the clean air and space of Scotland even if it means putting up with dark mornings and dark evenings.
Would not be happy with sending children out to school if they did change the clock by 2 hours.

tonkatojo
03-Nov-11, 12:30
In London at the moment - what a difference in the light, no wonder they appear happy to go with the potential 2 hour change instead of the 1 hour change.
I would go back to living south of the border again, much prefer the clean air and space of Scotland even if it means putting up with dark mornings and dark evenings.
Would not be happy with sending children out to school if they did change the clock by 2 hours.

I think you left a word out of your text Pat, that word being "not" I think, then again perhaps you meant to leave it out but that would be contradicting the rest of your post.

Rheghead
03-Nov-11, 12:33
The BBC weather maps also show that Caithness has been getting 80% less sunshine in the last 3 months from the 1971-2000 average.

pat
03-Nov-11, 21:55
Tonks
Yes sorry I did miss out the word NOT - it would take and awful lot for me to head back over the border permanently, a quick visit is ok but could not live in London again.

Been at the Marie Curie Autumn lunch today - fantastic lunch, lots of wine, really generous people who helped raise £100,000 today and still the silent auction to check bids then advise successful bidders and collect the money!

It was fairly dark by the time we left the lunch and pitch dark by the time we left the pub!
Many cyclists going around with no lights, dark clothing and lots of traffic speeding along in the heavy rain - so dangerous and absolutely stupid - because they think they are in a city and street lights they can be seen

Wizzbang
05-Nov-11, 01:11
I winter draws on..