PDA

View Full Version : what is ???

danc1ngwitch
18-Oct-06, 15:29
I just wanted to ask. What is an assult ??? surely in my veiw that when one puts their hands on another even if its a push then surely thats assult... I often thought that one person does not have a right to set hands upon another no matter what.. maybe im wrong tho..

roblovesplastic
18-Oct-06, 15:33
An assault is any negative physical violence.

Its also done verbally and can be just as hurtful.

Ricco
18-Oct-06, 19:52
Assault by electronic means is much worse than the old fashioned bullying. A victim can avoid meeting up with conventional bullies and can even report physical abuse.

Bullying by e-mail, txt messaging, and chat rooms is much worse because you cannot easily escape it. No-one takes you seriously and you may have to ditch your mobile, set up a new e-mail account and abandon all your friends on the chat rooms.

It has become the latest nasty craze of the playground bully and causes a lot of pain and tears.

Yep! I would definitely class it as social, emotional and psychological assault.

danc1ngwitch
18-Oct-06, 20:01
this is very interesting Ricco i never thought about the whole internet side of things.

Rheghead
18-Oct-06, 21:54
An assault occurs when a person perceives the presence or future threats of violence. That may even happen if someone says 'Boo' from behind. The law usually only intervenes when physical harm happens or threats to cause physical harm. It is complicated but it possible not to have an assault to take place when someone is startled but to have one when someone is scared.

Kingetter
19-Oct-06, 00:19
I just wanted to ask. What is an assult ??? surely in my veiw that when one puts their hands on another even if its a push then surely thats assult... I often thought that one person does not have a right to set hands upon another no matter what.. maybe im wrong tho..

Assault and battery
The combination of the two crimes of threat (assault) and actual beating (battery). They are both also intentional civil wrongs for which the party attacked may file a suit for damages.
http://www.legalhelpmate.com/legal-dictionary-result.aspx?legal=Assault-and-Battery

danc1ngwitch
19-Oct-06, 10:56
I was very unsure about the whole assualt thing. I was assualted by my X hubbie who hurt 3 oh ma fingers and pushed and shoved and kept trying to knock me to the ground. My hand was stuck in a door and i could not get away and he had a hold of me. I am very heavly pregnant. He has pleaded not guilty and i have to go to court soon, What happens ? will he get looked upon differently because he (was) a life time time partner ??

bobbyjoeufb
19-Oct-06, 12:05
In Scottish Law Assault is:-

A crime at common law and is every attack directed to take effect physically on the person of another, whether or not actual injury is inflicted.

There must be criminal intent. An accidental injury, even through caused by a mischievous act does not amount to assault.

e.g
Stewart aimed a blow at someone but missed. He was convited of assault.
Stewart v PF 1829

Kay set a dog on two young boys in her garden. Assault constituted by establishing intention to use the dog to frighten person.
Kay v Allan 1978