PDA

View Full Version : Everything is OK - do as you are told...

John Little
01-Nov-11, 10:36
A bit long - but worth watching and very thought provoking-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGnifTXHQOs

Torvaig
01-Nov-11, 11:27
Enjoyed that John and yes, very thought provoking indeed! We used to enjoy thinking for ourselves rather than being led like sheep to do the same as everyone else. Live life the way you want, not what the media tell you to do. Many things we see now are brain washing us to copy what we are shown and telling us that is the only way to live our lives.

Look at the foolish "competitions" and "contests" we are encouraged to take part it. Many programs on the t.v., have "competitions" in which you have to listen to someone talking at 100mph when all they want you to do is use your 'phones to rack up income for the sponsors who hope you don't work how much it is costing you to "compete".

Many television programmes are again "competitions" and hyping people up to get high. Then they manufacture "stars" and "personalities" too numerous to mention who are manipulated to make the companies rich.

And it must work because more and more companies are joining in; in the newspapers, magazines, radio etc. These "competitions" are really raffles; nearly everyone knows the answer and spends money to take part. It's the luck of the draw......

I'm going to shut up now because orgers of old have seen me on my soap box too many times as regards our way of living and I don't think many agree with me!

By the way, Happy "Day after Hallowe'en", Happy Tuesday, Happy 1st of November and have a very, very happy morning! Now that's everyone happy, no moaners for the rest of the day!

John Little
01-Nov-11, 11:34
You are obviously a dangerous radical, possibly a terrorist and definitely the leader of Al Quaeda.

Did you have permission to be so happy? Or even to post such a dissenting sermon?

And happy everything to you too!

And here's how to be happy.

:D:D:D

There's no arguing with a fixed grin.

Oh-oh - there's some guys at the door - they look like Security....

golach
01-Nov-11, 11:49
By the way, Happy "Day after Hallowe'en", Happy Tuesday, Happy 1st of November and have a very, very happy morning! Now that's everyone happy, no moaners for the rest of the day!
Torvaig, with the greatest respect. Stop trying to tell me how to enjoy my day! If I want to wallow in my misery and feel like moaning for the rest of my day, I will! So there!!!

Torvaig
01-Nov-11, 11:51
Torvaig, with the greatest respect. Stop trying to tell me how to enjoy my day! If I want to wallow in my misery and feel like moaning for the rest of my day, I will! So there!!!

Ok golach, have a happy miserable day all day!

Torvaig
01-Nov-11, 11:54
John,
You are obviously a dangerous radical, possibly a terrorist and definitely the leader of Al Quaeda.

Did you have permission to be so happy? Or even to post such a dissenting sermon?

And happy everything to you too!

And here's how to be happy.

:D:D:D

There's no arguing with a fixed grin.

Oh-oh - there's some guys at the door - they look like Security....

Happy incarceration John!

Corrie 3
01-Nov-11, 11:54
I'm with you Torvaig..........no moaning from me today !!...:)

And I wont be entering into any competitions on the TV either, they are so crumby!!!!...;)

You have a very happy day !!

C3................;)

Torvaig
01-Nov-11, 11:56
I'm with you Torvaig..........no moaning from me today !!...:)

And I wont be entering into any competitions on the TV either, they are so crumby!!!!...;)

You have a very happy day !!

C3................;)

Oh good, another recruit!

golach
01-Nov-11, 12:02
Ok golach, have a happy miserable day all day!

Oh Torvaig I will I will , but not sure if happy and miserable go together.........that defeats my purpose :cool: