PDA

View Full Version : View from your window.

cuddlepop
18-Oct-06, 13:21
Just now I'm sitting at the computer and every now and again I glance out the window.Today I've really stopped and looked.Its Beautiful.:D I can see a wood,scattered houses,small pier,the sea crashing on the shore on the otherside and assorted boats in the bay.
There are numerous cats wandering about and birds attacking the lasts of the rowan berries.My garden has had a tidy up ready for the winter and the fence has been painted.
What do you see?

Billy Boy
18-Oct-06, 13:29
lucky you lol sound's lovley,i can see a open field with a herd of cow's in,and a small forest just behind that,very peaceful:D

aileenmac
18-Oct-06, 13:44
I can see a dirty wet window, fields, dunnet head then just mist - Hoy has dissappeared.

lexie
18-Oct-06, 14:12
I can see....roof tops , over to Scrabster...a cat, and my beastie having a sniff about in the garden!:o)

Ann
18-Oct-06, 14:15
I can see a field of cows, some trees beyond, then Thurso bay and Scrabster along with Holburn Head. Gey dreich just now but when the weather is clear, a beautiful view. And the sunsets......

Sounds as if I share much the same view as the posters above me!

Well except cuddlepop's of course!

WeeBurd
18-Oct-06, 14:31
From the PC chair, all I can see is my neighbours garage, with some big trees rising above it getting blown in the wind... but, if I go over and have a proper look, I can usually see The Pap and Morven a way off on the horizon, with not alot in between (I guess I'm in a dip!). And the kitchen offers a beautiful view of Dorrery. Sadly, no hills today though, with all that drizzle...:(

porshiepoo
18-Oct-06, 14:34
I see a field that usually has cows or sheep in but has nothing at the mo and then the ocean beyond that. Gorgeous view!!! :)

cuddlepop
18-Oct-06, 15:35
The drizzle's started and its getting a bit dreight now but the autumnal colours are beautiful.:D

midi2304
18-Oct-06, 15:52
All I can see is industrial estate from my office now that I am moved from Thurso and working in Aberdeen :(

Oh well, what can you do? Used to have the most amazing views from Barrock out past Dunnet where my family all still are. You could see all of Orkney, Dunnet Head, Scarfskerry and the Pentland Skerries....

sweetpea
18-Oct-06, 15:52
Right at this moment I have an eye level view of the roof tops of Thurso, it's a strange sight, very Lowri ish. It's nice to get different views every day and in different weathers. Must admit if I could choose my favourite view it would have to be the sea crashing.

cuddlepop
18-Oct-06, 15:55
OH Sweetpea thats my favourite too.Its a rench when I go down to the shore and have to come home.Gleber2 must have the best few of us all,lucky him:D

sweetpea
18-Oct-06, 16:03
Lucky him! I used to have a lovely sea view, I could meditate for hours looking at it, especially stormy days. I shouln't complain cause I can go to the beach any time too:)

paris
18-Oct-06, 18:07
From my pc chair i can see a lush green field with nothing in it cos the cows have been taken back to the farm. jan x

stekar
18-Oct-06, 18:52
Not a lot at the moment as it's dark, lol!

But usually a couple of fields with sheep and coos, the Pentland Firth, Dunnet Head and the mutli coloured cliffs of Hoy. Magic!

Ricco
18-Oct-06, 19:39
I am green with envy reading your comments about the fabulous views. I can see down the street, towards the main road. Cars are coming down the cul-de-sac and turning around to collect people from the train station across the road. Local youths are wandering towards the station for their nightly trouble-making. Some of the cars have loud heavy music thumping away.

Gross! Wish I was up there...:~(

Gleber2
18-Oct-06, 19:42
OH Sweetpea thats my favourite too.Its a rench when I go down to the shore and have to come home.Gleber2 must have the best few of us all,lucky him:D

Aye id's braw till look ower e firth somedays when id's clear.:D

emszxr
18-Oct-06, 19:48
out of my window i see my big garden with some trees which are turning with the colder weather coming, reds and oranges in them now. past the garden is a field that has some cows and a bull in it at present. to the right is a burn with trees round it and hills in the distance. then to the right and straight ahead is loch brora with carroll rock to the left. it is so peaceful, well at the moment as kids are in bed. but it good at this time of year as the stags are roaring as it rutting season.

Ricco
18-Oct-06, 19:54
out of my window i see my big garden with some trees which are turning with the colder weather coming, reds and oranges in them now. past the garden is a field that has some cows and a bull in it at present. to the right is a burn with trees round it and hills in the distance. then to the right and straight ahead is loch brora with carroll rock to the left. it is so peaceful, well at the moment as kids are in bed. but it good at this time of year as the stags are roaring as it rutting season.

Oooh! I miss all of that. :~(

aileenmac
18-Oct-06, 19:57
It's pitch black here! I can see the lighthouse lights and an occasional boat

danc1ngwitch
18-Oct-06, 19:57
I look outta ma window and past the material stuffs, I see ma future and what i make of it,, ( i make of it ).

The_man_from_del_monte
18-Oct-06, 20:08
Loads of fields, hills, sheep and rain.

Sporran
18-Oct-06, 20:36
I'm in the dining room right now, and when I look to the left, I can see through the windows of the French doors into the sunroom, and from the sunroom windows into my back garden. Our huge, beautiful oak tree is in view, and the leaves haven't changed colour yet. It's a lovely, sunny day at 72 degrees Fahrenheit, 22 degrees centigrade. When I look to the right, I can see through the archway leading into the living room, and from the living room window I can see into our front garden. In view are the magnolia tree and maple tree, which stand side by side. They're not as tall and magnificent as our oak tree, but the magnolia tree is lovely when its large white flowers are in bloom.

From the Thurso house in which I grew up, we had a view of fields at the back, and a splendid view of Thurso Bay at the front. We could see Scrabster, the lighthouse and Holborn Head. On a clear day we could see the Old Man of Hoy and Orkney. I have to admit I often miss that view!

cuddlepop
18-Oct-06, 20:40
OH Sporran it sounds lovely.
I love the international feel this forum has as its pitch black here now but somewhere someone on line has daylight.:lol:

oldmarine
18-Oct-06, 20:47
I'm in the dining room right now, and when I look to the left, I can see through the windows of the French doors into the sunroom, and from the sunroom windows into my back garden. Our huge, beautiful oak tree is in view, and the leaves haven't changed colour yet. It's a lovely, sunny day at 72 degrees Fahrenheit, 22 degrees centigrade. When I look to the right, I can see through the archway leading into the living room, and from the living room window I can see into our front garden. In view are the magnolia tree and maple tree, which stand side by side. They're not as tall and magnificent as our oak tree, but the magnolia tree is lovely when its large white flowers are in bloom.

From the Thurso house in which I grew up, we had a view of fields at the back, and a splendid view of Thurso Bay at the front. We could see Scrabster, the lighthouse and Holborn Head. On a clear day we could see the Old Man of Hoy and Orkney. I have to admit I often miss that view!

Reading this gives me the desire to visit Thurso and Caithness to view these things once again. Oh, what fond memories I have of those places.

obiron
18-Oct-06, 20:49
when i look out the window all i see is other houses. maybe a few cats going past and depending on the weather a kid or 2.

lauraspetportraits
18-Oct-06, 23:37
Looking straight out the window I can see my neighbours house (not now coz it's dark!! but normally), but if I get up and look out, with the window open, I can see the rest of this little bit of cul-de-sac, across fields with cows in, the Wick River, more fields with sheep in, Wick Airport control tower thingy (looks like a UFO), Tesco building site and the John O'Groats road on the horizon. If I look out the window on the other side of the house I can see the cow field full of cows and calves, fields off to the right with horses in, the houses up Stemster Hill, a big house on the horizon and the 'chimneys' from the gas storage place. Which is all absolutely gorgeous coz where I come from all I could see from all the windows was houses.

Kingetter
19-Oct-06, 00:12
Some truly wonderful pictures portrayed here. Great idea for a thread too.
Me? I look out on Walls, Walls, and more Walls, but not an icecream amongst them:(

Metalattakk
19-Oct-06, 00:42
If ever there was a thread that called for photographs, it's this one. ;)

George Brims
19-Oct-06, 00:44
Out my office window I can see the Getty Center, quite possibly the ugliest building in a city not exactly famous for its architecture. When I came here it was just a wee hil, then one day bulldozers started chopping the top off it, and this abomination sprang up. I am told it is a wonderful space to roam in and see the art contained within, but I am taking that with a pinch of salt.

George Brims
19-Oct-06, 00:46
If ever there was a thread that called for photographs, it's this one. ;)

I was sure I had attached one!

sassylass
19-Oct-06, 01:27
There's a big grey house across the street, and lots of trees blowing in the wind. Big black crows are cracking nuts by dropping them onto the street and a woman is walking past with her dog. When I stand at my window and look west, I see rolling hills covered in oak trees.

goldenguernsey
19-Oct-06, 02:18
We look out of our kitchen window every morning to see the sun bouncing off the sea, through our window, and blinding us off the sink unit/draining board. Pure magic......

The Pepsi Challenge
19-Oct-06, 04:04
Arthur's Seat, Leith Links and a Catholic church. Certainly beats looking at Stainland that's for sure.

Sporran
19-Oct-06, 04:15
OH Sporran it sounds lovely.
I love the international feel this forum has as its pitch black here now but somewhere someone on line has daylight.:lol:

Your daytime view sounds lovely too, Cuddlepop. I do enjoy the international feel of this forum as well!

Some truly wonderful pictures portrayed here. Great idea for a thread too.
Me? I look out on Walls, Walls, and more Walls, but not an icecream amongst them:(

I couldn't agree more, Kingetter. I also like your little quip, lol!

Alice in Blunderland
19-Oct-06, 07:37
I can see The Smiddy Inn as I am looking out if my brothers window. Its so tempting to nip over and get some real home made chips as I dont have a deep fat frier.:D

cuddlepop
19-Oct-06, 09:45
Now now Alice if my calculations are right you posted this request for home made chips at 745am,You getting cravings????:lol:

98elite
19-Oct-06, 10:53
There's rain on my window, as I look through it across the bay I see the waves crashing of the rocks at south head and the wet rooftops of pultneytown, closer to home there are still some green leaves on the tree's and some autumn browns lying on the path, the scorries are bobbing up and down in the sky, a fat cat heads home from its latest adventure, its defiantly a rainy day today and the skies are a bit grey but who cares you open the door and the fresh wind fills your lungs, we are so lucky to be living here.

golach
19-Oct-06, 11:07
I sit at my window, looking on to the hallowed street of Edinburgh Football...Easter Road, and with in a radius of 200 yds, 2 Chinese take aways, 1 Bangladeshi take away, 1 Turkish Kebab shop, 1 Chippie/pizzaria, 1 Italian Resturant, 1 Co-op and umpteem other shops and for some strange reason about 7 hairdressers. Oops I forgot 2 pubs
Not a very attractive view.......but hey for attractive I can look at the Photography Forum on here and remember.

Fran
19-Oct-06, 16:37
I can see fields and trees but the best thing is the new Tesco store in the distance which lights up the sky at night. Once all the leaves are fallen i will have a great view of the new store!

kas
19-Oct-06, 17:01
Thurso bay and over the firth to Hoy (you have to go 6 houses down to catch the Old Man of Hoy). Holborn and Dunnet heads, Scrabster Harbour, Thurso beach, Thurso East and the Vctoria walk. I must admit though itis a very big distraction, always something to see,the sunrises and sunsets in summer are to die for, then boats going out in the winter storms are awesome.

Lucy
19-Oct-06, 18:59
at this moment in time it is dark and all i can see is the lights of the houses across the road and cars going up and down the stree. It feels weird as i have no curtains (hoping hubby will get a tin of paint out tomorrow). If i go to the back i can see the neighbours gardens (hi fran), trees and my cats.

htwood
19-Oct-06, 19:05
From my window at work looking south, I see trees and rooftops of houses in Albany and Berkeley. The squirrels are busy, so are the black crows.

From the balcony looking west, I can see the San Francisco Bay, and if I stood on my tiptoes and leaned waaaaay over, maybe I could see the Golden Gate and Alcatraz.

Alice in Blunderland
19-Oct-06, 19:28
Now now Alice if my calculations are right you posted this request for home made chips at 745am,You getting cravings????:lol:
Gosh not me but every time I look out the window I can almost taste their chips its soooo unfair never mind I can always stroll over for a dram or two then its not far to crawl back home again.

lauraspetportraits
19-Oct-06, 20:36
I can see fields and trees but the best thing is the new Tesco store in the distance which lights up the sky at night.

They're well bright aren't they, we reckoned it looked like a carnival over there the other nigh, all them orange, red and white lights flashing away!!

laura
--x--

ywindy
02-Nov-06, 00:50
Sometimes I see the peaceful sweep of the waves in Dunnet bay, and other times the majestic power of the sea during a storm. Sometimes the view is close, seeing the small birds who now visit as our garden matures.
More often now I see the future.

Forty eight giant wind turbines at Scoolary, best viewed from Mary Annes Cottage.
Thirty-one more at Spittal Hill best viewed from my kitchen, but fortunately partly obscured by possibly twenty-five smaller ones at Durran and Tister. Two more at Lieurary even though Highland Council and the Scottish Executive turned down their first proposal. (Meeting at Lieurary Hall Thurs 2nd Nov 7.30 pm for more information. Come along and find out what is happening in the County). Fifteen at Baillie, but too far away to be much of an imposition.

And sometimes I count my blessings.
I won't see Camster, Ackron, Strathy, Bilbster, Dunbeath, Stroupster, Bettyhill, Burn of Whilk(Yarrows Archaeological Trail to you!), Achairn, Shebster,or ORMLIE, windfarms unless I have to go out somewhere, but lots of other people will, and when they have to go out somewhere, they can see mine for a change.

I know I have missed a few out, sorry.

ywindy

lin
02-Nov-06, 03:00
I see a tree. a lovely tree, with green and yellow leaves. I think its so lovely because in the next few weeks the leaves are going to turn brown and fall off. My tree then is going to be be bare. I love my bare tree covered with snow. It takes nature to show us delight in whats beyond our window.

canuck
02-Nov-06, 04:11
I wrote my first sonnet (posted on the literature thread) from what I could see out my window. But that was a few months ago. The green has all but gone now, the leaves are falling and I can see lights from my neighbours house.

Ricco, I understand your envy. The view of the Pentland Firth and the Island of Hoy is most wonderful.

cuddlepop
02-Nov-06, 10:08
Anyone see any snow this morning?Brrr its sooo cold over here, bright,crisp and clear,some cloud over the Quarainge so maybe snow on the way:D

katarina
02-Nov-06, 10:55
I was sure I had attached one!

All i got is a red cross.

Tubthumper
02-Nov-06, 12:55
I'm smitten with a chest infection, but between bouts of hacking cough, on looking out of the window I see Loch Thurdistoft, all serene and twinkling in the autumn sunlight. That's after I clean the phlegm off the window.

aileenmac
02-Nov-06, 13:03
I can see Hoy today over the Pentland Firth, soaring seagulls and horses grazing in the fields. The sun is attempting to come out. However, every now and again I also see a massive yellow digger and if bend slightly I see mountains of soil. They have started building a house right next door to me!:~(

garble
02-Nov-06, 13:36
Sunny day and I can see Sheffield on one side and Rotherham on the other from the windows of the office.

willowbankbear
02-Nov-06, 13:43
Well , It isnt the best of days here in Wick, albeit its dry, no mind, a wee bit chilly but ach Ill just post a picture to save me describing the view.

Its mainly the back of houses in Scalesburn with Pulteney in the background, notice how that side always looks so dull;) .

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/willowbankbear/Viewfrommyhouse002-1.jpg

willowbankbear
02-Nov-06, 13:45
This is the view looking towards the pulteney side, not brilliant is it?

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/willowbankbear/Viewfrommyhouse001.jpg

cuddlepop
02-Nov-06, 14:14
Thanks for the photo's willowbankerbear.Please can someone tell me can you see any snow.I want to see some snow,no more rain pleaseeeee:D

coastown
02-Nov-06, 15:11
the view from my back window is a huge field ,then just beyond the field is the airport , where i can watch planes coming and going.

Tugmistress
02-Nov-06, 15:26
Thanks for the photo's willowbankerbear.Please can someone tell me can you see any snow.I want to see some snow,no more rain pleaseeeee:D

too warm for snow cuddlepop !

i can see to my west ish a hillside with sheep on it sort of brown and green and if i look at the right time of day the traffic heading out to / home from dounreay as they come over the brow of the hill at forss and start dropping towards thurso, if i tand up and look over the top of my computer and open the curtains it's exactly what you see on my webcam, that's in my south (ish) facing window

katarina
02-Nov-06, 15:38
I would post you a photo but can't get it to work again. All i get is the link. what am I doing wrong?

http://img8.picsplace.to/img.php?file=img8/22/my_view.jpg

willowbankbear
02-Nov-06, 15:45
Katarina, I forgot how to do it myself, but go to the tech help threads again follow their guide step by step except use photobucket instead of imageshack. Seems to resize the pics better. I take it that you are facing Lochshell there?

Tugmistress
02-Nov-06, 15:46
here ya go if this works lol

http://img8.picsplace.to/img8/22/my_view.jpg

muddywilli
02-Nov-06, 17:21
I look out of my window and see the planet for what it really is... beautiful.

I don't see anger or hatred, poverty or wealth, suffering or pain... if i want that i switch the news on.

On a clear night, nothing beats gazing at the stars and wondering who else is out there.

Live life for what it really is... amazing. Use your body to it's full potential, it's the best tool you will ever have.

You only get one chance... don't waste it.

scaraben
02-Nov-06, 19:15
Right now my view is nil, cos its dark, but I just HAD to congratulate you on starting a most interesting thread that I'm sure will go some way to help a lot of us better appreciate the views that cost nothing spread out there for us to enjoy..............think about it, its FREE !!

katarina
02-Nov-06, 21:18
http://img6.picsplace.to/img.php?file=img6/22/back_garden.jpg

I did what you said. Now what?

Moira
02-Nov-06, 21:22
Katarina - check the previous page here - looks like Tuggs has put the photo on for you :)

katarina
02-Nov-06, 21:22
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f254/swisscom/backgarden.jpg

OOPs how did I do that? I didn't click on the little icon that's for sure!

cuddlepop
02-Nov-06, 21:30
But its a lovely photo Tuggy took so i'm sure she wont mind :)

Alice in Blunderland
24-Jan-07, 15:23
I stole this photo from the front page as this is where we are building our new house and I cant wait. This will be the view from our living room window a little further back from the waters edge though ! Until then I am still looking at the Smiddy Inn. :)
http://www.caithness.org/photos/fpb/2007/january/winter_2007/sarcletlochjan2007_s.jpg

Jimmy43
24-Jan-07, 16:51
Well what i can see from my window is the top of the ward hill, looks really nice, also the flat just over the road,its not bad either,but not as nice as some of the views i am reading about, but never mind, today I am as happy as I can, and thats all that matters.....have a nice day.....:roll:

Sapphire2803
24-Jan-07, 17:24
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/157/368100511_d28d7f6f85.jpg

cuddlepop
24-Jan-07, 18:40
I stole this photo from the front page as this is where we are building our new house and I cant wait. This will be the view from our living room window a little further back from the waters edge though ! Until then I am still looking at the Smiddy Inn. :)

http://www.caithness.org/photos/fpb/2007/january/winter_2007/sarcletlochjan2007_s.jpg

You are lucky the view is breathtaking.
WBG counting the days till he gets his bachelor pad back too I suspect.
All those coffee mornings Alice what will the neighbours be thinking lol

Lolabelle
24-Jan-07, 22:07
Where I am now, at my laptop, I can see a paling timber fence and some lovely gum trees towering over the houses across the road and next door, facing south.
From my desktop, work, computer, I have a view of my front garden, a red bottle brush brushing against the window, and through the foliage I can see my "pierre de rosnard" roses growing madly to cover my front fence and the new arbour over the gate. It is my dream to have the whole thing covered in a mass of roses (so you can't see my tiny ugly house), and the rose plants seem to be doing quite well inspite of my very black thumbs. I have killed a few.
From the window in the lounge room I have a view of the distant mountain range, Barrington National Park. But unfortunately this panaramic veiw is getting blocked by a new house next door[disgust]
Out the back door is my dog ruined lawn, dog ruined australian native garden and my flourishing geranium garden, that even the dogs cant seem to kill off. Oh and electric fence tape everywhere to deter the said dogs.
My front yard is safe as we have put up a dividing fence. My neighbours call it our parents retreat.:Razz

Kenn
24-Jan-07, 23:25
From the front of the house I have a choice, look to the south and there beyond the roof tops is The English Channel that changes colour with the light and the wind.Look to the west and north, the chalk hills of The South Downs gently climb towards the ridgeway. in Spring they look like it has snowed as the hawthorn becomes a cascade of white blossoms.
Straight ahead I have the school playing fields skirted by a wild bank and various trees that provides a habitat for numerous birds and in winter the bare sycamores frame the setting sun.
It's never boring.

Oddquine
25-Jan-07, 00:08
The view from my end livingroom window..................

Mad1man
25-Jan-07, 02:37
Normally I look north, down hill over Skarfskerry, across Dunnet Head and the firth to Orkney - A moving sight. Tonight the sky is crystal clear and the heavens unpolluted by streetlamps, is like a dark blue velvet canopy covered in pin pricks of sparkling light. I know why I love living in Caithness on nights like this.