PDA

View Full Version : Biscuits for dunking?

Dadie
29-Oct-11, 21:45
Ok its a conversation we had tonight...
Whats your favourite biscuit for dunking and has anyone else done biscuit "straws" sooking up their tea with a penguin or twix etc..
I love putting a malteaser in my mouth and having a slurp of tea to melt the malteaser or dunking a bourbon biscuit in my tea, but find jammie dodgers just wrong for dunking.
Whats your favourite dunking biscuit and whats just wrong?

AliciaMackinnon
29-Oct-11, 21:52
""I love putting a malteaser in my mouth and having a slurp of tea to melt the malteaser or dunking a bourbon biscuit in my tea""
A lady after my own heart!!! I love those " nice " biscuits for my tea!! Or a home made cookie!!! Or mmm a ginger nut!! oh yummy!!
Worst thing is when uv got a biscuit in your tea and you get distracted (in my case by a wee monster) and by the time you remember about your biscuit its gone and sunk to the bottom of your cup!! I wont drink the tea after! xx

Kodiak
29-Oct-11, 21:58
I think the Very Best Biscuit to Dunk is..........."Caithness Buscuit's Bakers Biscuit" They dont break off in hot tea or coffee for a start and they are very, very tasty as well. Yum, Yum !! :Razz

Gronnuck
29-Oct-11, 22:08
Favourites - Milk Chocolate Hob Nobs but take it out before it crumbles. Jammy Dodgers and fig rolls are definate no-nos

Dadie
29-Oct-11, 22:17
I also have a 3 second rule in dunking...if not soft enough I do a second dunking(less time, but never a 3rd dunking as thats just asking for mush)....but some biscuits if you break the 3 second rule (rich teas) end up as the mush in the bottom of the mug!

redeyedtreefrog
29-Oct-11, 22:23
The chocolate digestive is the correct dunking biscuit.

shazzap
29-Oct-11, 22:25
Ginger Nuts.

colingel
29-Oct-11, 23:08
Just back from Holland where they heat there Stroopwaffels on top of the mug . That is the way to go excellent!

demac-artist
29-Oct-11, 23:18
Custard creams and ginger biscuits:roll:

gleeber
29-Oct-11, 23:19
Havnt done it for ages but ginger snaps were my favourite.

golach
29-Oct-11, 23:33
Havnt done it for ages but ginger snaps were my favourite.

Mine too Gleeber, but they call them Ginger Nuts now

gollach
29-Oct-11, 23:48
Stroopwafeltjes on top of the cup to soften them, but rich tea biscuits are best for dunking in the cup.

Leanne
30-Oct-11, 00:28
Dadie - I forgot to say - Hobnobs, in the words of Peter Kay, are the SAS of dunkers!!! Dunk me again! Dunk me again!!

Aaldtimer
30-Oct-11, 02:55
Definitely not Jaffa Cakes!

Ginger nuts...yeah!;)

bluechesse
30-Oct-11, 07:30
Dadie - I forgot to say - Hobnobs, in the words of Peter Kay, are the SAS of dunkers!!! Dunk me again! Dunk me again!!

Absolutley! The Hob Nob is the king of all dunkers, by a country mile! Rich Tea's and Digestives, pah. Any more than 2 seconds and you'll be fishing bits out with a tea spoon. The hob nob however, with withstand up to a seven second dunk with out even a wobble. I prefed a dark chocolate one personally, but it makes little difference to its overall dunk-a-bility. When biscuits rise up and take over the world, the hob nob shall be omnipotent ruler of the universe!

tonkatojo
30-Oct-11, 11:29
Finger of shortbread are my favourites.

lindsaymcc
30-Oct-11, 11:48
"Nice" biscuits and chocolate covered rich tea biscuits. YUM! Not dunked in years, I will dunk today!

cat
30-Oct-11, 15:01
they have the waffle things in meiklejohns! rocky for a straw,chocolate thick enough not to melt when the inside does! bite the ends off first tho!!

Leanne
30-Oct-11, 16:11
they have the waffle things in meiklejohns! rocky for a straw,chocolate thick enough not to melt when the inside does! bite the ends off first tho!!

They have the waffle things in Lidl too :)

gingernut
30-Oct-11, 17:10
Definitely Gingernuts!

oldmarine
30-Oct-11, 17:15
Mine too Gleeber, but they call them Ginger Nuts now
Ginger Snaps I understand. Never heard of Ginger Nuts. Looks like this old man has more catching up to do.

tonkatojo
30-Oct-11, 18:58
Talking of ginger nuts, can anyone remember the "McVities" advert for them where they used Jamaican ginger, reggae type music I think ?.

bigk
02-Nov-11, 10:27
scotch abernethies ( sorry if spelling is wrong )!.....they are great in tea..

Dadie
02-Nov-11, 15:08
Just looking through the book peoples website for some books foe Christmas and they have a book on pops, that they describe as inbetween a cake and a lolly, I wonder if they would dunk?
I was bad and dunked a mars bar in my tea this morning....heavenly!

George Brims
02-Nov-11, 18:32
Rich teas or ginger nuts. Hobknobs I like to leave crunchy. Just discovered a nice wee biscuit here in the States called Marias, made in Mexico. They are like a wee rich tea but slightly lemony. And they dunk great. And they're dead cheap! Time to put the kettle on...

George Brims
02-Nov-11, 18:35
Ginger Snaps I understand. Never heard of Ginger Nuts. Looks like this old man has more catching up to do.
Same cookie, different brand name. Used to get a really good US brand of them at Dollar Tree, but they have not stocked them in a while. The packet had a recipe for a ginger crumb base for lemon meringue pie, which I tried and it was very tasty.

Rheghead
02-Nov-11, 19:31
I frown upon dunking biscuits in cups of tea or coffee with the utmost level of disapproval. It is not pretty or polite to see and should be actively discouraged although what two consenting objects do in the privacy of their own home is ultimately up to them. The wider UK Society should also follow my views on this subject with the utmost adherence.

oldmarine
02-Nov-11, 20:14
Same cookie, different brand name. Used to get a really good US brand of them at Dollar Tree, but they have not stocked them in a while. The packet had a recipe for a ginger crumb base for lemon meringue pie, which I tried and it was very tasty.
Thank you George for the update. I usually can get updated information from you. I will pass this info on to my wife. She loves lemon meringue pie.

Xposin
03-Nov-11, 14:32
I'm going to be extremely boring and say Rich Tea Biscuits.