PDA

View Full Version : Clocks go back tonight!

Dadie
29-Oct-11, 21:09
Now I dont really mind as its lighter for a while in the evenings...but how do you overcome the kids getting up earlier?
Iona is a ealy riser at the moment, getting up between 6am and 0630 anyway....Im going to hate the next fortnight or so with her getting up at 5am and getting grumpy by 6pm.
I can only push her bedtime and waking times by 5-10 mins a day...so its going to be a long proccess.

Spongeboab
29-Oct-11, 21:13
thanks for the reminder :)

what time does she go to bed ? is she too grumpy to keep up for an extra hour ?

black16i
29-Oct-11, 21:23
i think you will find its darker earlier in the evenings? not lighter

Dadie
29-Oct-11, 21:24
Oh yes far too grumpy...she will fight with her shadow when tired..and starts getting gurny after dinner anyway!
And will still get up early if not earlier the next day and need her bed earlier the next night and so the vicious circle would continue!
Ps I love Euans sleep habits at the moment you can put him to bed at 7pm and he would sleep past 9am if you let him!
Arrgh got the light mixed up I think....mornings for the school run and work lighter...coming home in the dark!

black16i
29-Oct-11, 21:37
soon be going to work......dark, coming home........dark..........nightmare

ducati
29-Oct-11, 23:34
Wasn't there a plan some time back to put giant mirrors in orbit so it would be light all the time?

Dadie
31-Oct-11, 12:05
05:30 is now "morning time" according to Iona....and its awful as she is really tired and grumpy(all day).
Any tips on moving her sleep patterns forward a bit?

lindsaymcc
31-Oct-11, 13:45
I have no idea Dadie - if my wake up call of 4:55am was anything to go by, we are in for a LONG winter!

Dadie
31-Oct-11, 14:02
I have no idea what time she 1st got up and I took her back to bed....saying its still night time...I was still mostly asleep:eek:
By the 3rd time hubby got up, as she woke up Euan and Lauren with the noise she was making!