PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else noticed the abundance of Low Flying Jets at night in Thurso area??

Phoebus_Apollo
17-Oct-06, 22:30
Over the past couple of weeks there have been numerous low flying jets at unusual times of night - around 8pm to 10pm at night in the Thurso area. Just a thought but do the Government know more about Korea than they are letting on or am I just being way to suspicious??:confused

WeeBurd
17-Oct-06, 22:34
Over the past couple of weeks there have been numerous low flying jets at unusual times of night - around 8pm to 10pm at night in the Thurso area. Just a thought but do the Government know more about Korea than they are letting on or am I just being way to suspicious??

Aye Phoebus, there's been a fair few, I've noticed hightened activity out here in the country (throughout the day/night) over the last three months or so. It was getting to the point that they were screaming so low over wur hoose, they were waking the WeeBurdies from their daytime naps.

Still, I appreciate they have to practice somewhere :roll:. And here's hoping yer just being suspicious :lol: !

Kingetter
17-Oct-06, 22:35
Over the past couple of weeks there have been numerous low flying jets at unusual times of night - around 8pm to 10pm at night in the Thurso area. Just a thought but do the Government know more about Korea than they are letting on or am I just being way to suspicious??:confused
What would Korea have to do with jets over Caithness? Early warning system?

pultneytooner
17-Oct-06, 22:54
What would Korea have to do with jets over Caithness? Early warning system?
Maybe if there was to be any action against N.Korea then they may be practising low-level bombing.
Then again they probably get enough practice over iraq.:D

Piglet
17-Oct-06, 23:08
Well they have to practice somewhere - don't they? :eek:

grumpyhippo
17-Oct-06, 23:41
I strongly suspect that they're practising dodging Americans (AKA friendly fire)

Kingetter
18-Oct-06, 01:09
Well they have to practice somewhere - don't they? :eek:
Sure and I can think of many other places for them to do it. Over Holyrood maybe?

dozerboy
18-Oct-06, 13:11
do yes no ken, whit there doin?? It's a top secret exercise which involves using your houses as target practise, only they don't actually fire a weapon. The get there laser sights locked on, then change height, course, speed etc, and have a simulated missile.

Source of this information: Classified.

kenimac1
18-Oct-06, 13:27
Funny you should mention this... I live in Dingwall on the flight path to Tain bombing range and I've noticed a lot more night time activity recently. Also seen a few Chinooks and Hercules that we don't normally see.
In the past this has usually been followed by a large escalation in hostilities somewhere in the world!

highlander
18-Oct-06, 13:49
Probably due to large exercise coming off soon
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/6057800.stm