PDA

View Full Version : Casting call for Highland Television Series!!!

Blue Chelle Productions
29-Oct-11, 14:48
Calling all Highland actors~ Casting call for both cast and crew up in Thurso!!!!! Deferred pay at the moment, must submit project to investors. Full credits + DVD. Television series. For more info, please call Chelle Laing 01847.891.412

All experience, ages, races considered. All we are looking for is people that have time on their hands and a willingness to learn the ropes. And anyone with kilts, highland wear, experience with lighting, camera work or previous experience a bonus!

Director: Chelle Laing. Looking to film sizzler reels to recruit investors to begin making futuristic period drama television series. Deferred payment in place until project sells. Headshots and CV would be a bonus, but not necessary as auditions will be taped and applications given out.

Post Armaggedon, the third of humanity which survives must find a new home in a distant planetary cluster. The first to arrive are the Scots and they lay claim to rule over this "new earth". Problem is, there is already an indigenous people living there...so the two royal families must find a way to make peace before it's too late for their peoples. Mankind never learns it's lesson. A cross between Dune, Downton Abbey, and Serenity

A lead casting breakdown:

Male, Caucasian, 35-45 Prince Iain; Lead romantic character. An arrogant crown prince, hell-bent on remaining the rebellious playboy prince. Must have kilt

Male, Caucasian, 31-45 Captain Leander; best friend to Prince Iain. He is the prince's cool head and voice of reason. Must have kilt

Male, Caucasian, 38-48 Lord Ompeko; Aquiaan. Closest friend, first cousin to the Queen and her loyal body guard. Has no sense of humour. Must be tall.

Female, any race, 38-46 Lady Uea; Aquiaan. Best friend, advisor and personal 'gopher' to the Queen.

Male, African-British, 40-50 General Paako; Aquiaan male. Most faithful and trusted advisor, close friend, confidant and distant cousin to the queen.He is also head of Police and Investigation. General Paako needs to be African-British, well built, tall and preferably bald. Paako has no sense of humour.

Male, African-British, 25-38 Bester Thraxxi; a lovable rogue. Must be either African-American or African-British. Bester is the comedic relief.

Male, Caucasian, 35-47 Lord Fatch Amexxi; Aquiaan. Legal adviser to the Queen. A lovable practical joker, and a royal pain to Lord Ompeko, his best friend, who always tries to kill him. And the only one who could make General Paako laugh. Goofy looking a bonus!

Male, Caucasian, 60+ King William; Scottish king and father of the crown prince, wise and compassionate. Best friend of the Aquiaan king Arduur.

Male, Caucasian, 60+ King Aardur; King of Aquiaas, father of Queen Kee. Best friend to King William and General Paako. Kind, compassionate and grieved that their people are illegally fighting the humans. Sickly. Must have posh accent.

Female, Caucasian, 60+ Queen Mairi; Scottish Queen and mother of Crown Prince Iain. Sweet mothering type. Wife of King William. Must have either highland accent or broad Scots accent

Male, Caucasian, 60+ Lord Starquin Darr; former best friend of the king, cowardly

Female, Caucasian, 40-60 Lady Maev; Scottish first lady in waiting to Queen Mairi, then to Queen Kee. Loyal, no-nonsense, strict with royal protocols, salt of the earth type. Must be Scottish.

Numerous other roles and extras needed too.

Also desperately needed is an assistant for the director. Previous experience a plus, but willing to train from scratch. Simply need to have a lot of time to donate and a willingness to learn all about film making. All will be considered. Pay will come when film projects sell.

For more info, please call Chelle Laing 01847.891.412

Mystical Potato Head
29-Oct-11, 19:27
Should find what you're looking for,no shortage of drama queens on the org.

redeyedtreefrog
29-Oct-11, 20:33
A cross between Dune, Downton Abbey, and Serenity

That sounds really brilliant..

If I didn't have school to attend I would love to be involved.

Maccy
29-Oct-11, 22:05

drama queens or drag queens.

Corrie 3
29-Oct-11, 22:10
Aye, and there's quite a few that can act the fool!!!......(especially when it comes to wind turbines)!!!

C3...................:roll::roll:;)

iain
30-Oct-11, 01:54
Male, Caucasian, 35-45 Prince Iain; Lead romantic character. An arrogant crown prince, hell-bent on remaining the rebellious playboy prince. Must have kilt

My name is Iain I have a kilt I am a grumpy 45ish gee us a job

ducati
30-Oct-11, 08:02
The qualification for any Scottish actor is; must have kilt. I think I spot a wind up:lol:

Blue Chelle Productions
30-Oct-11, 09:10
@Redeyedtreefrog, if you live in Thurso, there's always after school. @Maccy just someone who can act regal. No joke. @Iain, can you please tell me more about yourself as in height, weight, looks (what age range you can play) any experience etc; please send that info with a photo (if you're serious, that is) to info@bluechelleltd.co.uk And @Ducati...Nope. No wind up. It's the real deal. I asked for people with kilts, because at the moment, there is no budget in place for the project. If they didn't have a kilt already, it would mean we'd have to have one made, and as you know, that isn't cheap. @Corrie3 Indeed...I don't anything about the wind turbines, but there's always someone willing to act like a fool. Quite true, that.

johnlc
02-Nov-11, 19:51
email sent:)Xxx

RecQuery
02-Nov-11, 23:53
Perhaps you should start as a web/Internet TV series there are a lot of professional looking ones out there that have been turned into regular TV shows or gained profile for the people involved.

John Little
04-Nov-11, 12:19
The qualification for any Scottish actor is; must have kilt. I think I spot a wind up:lol:

You'd be a natural - Duke Arti von Vik.

The only question is - do you have the legs for it?

No thin shanks for Highland aristos puhleese! :lol::eek:

ducati
04-Nov-11, 12:25
You'd be a natural - Duke Arti von Vik.

The only question is - do you have the legs for it?

No thin shanks for Highland aristos puhleese! :lol::eek:

I can be blind drunk, offensive and wear a vest if that helps?

John Little
04-Nov-11, 12:32
Only if it's a dirty string one!