PDA

View Full Version : Avator

cuddlepop
17-Oct-06, 19:48
Coulp someone please give me simple instructions on how to install one.
I'd love a dream catcher and have found one so what next.:D

Tiger Jones
17-Oct-06, 21:06
Hi cuddlepop.

Put your mouse pointer over the picture you want to use.

Right-click and select copy shortcut or copy image location depending on which browser you're using.

Click on the User CP link near the top left of the page.

Select Edit Avatar from the menu on the left.

There will be a window with Enter URL to Image: above it.
Click in the window and delete the text that's there.
Right click and select paste.

Click the Save Changes button.

I think the Org resizes too-large images automatically but, if not, let me know. The image needs to be 80 pixels by 80 and 10.7k maximum.

Kingetter
17-Oct-06, 21:54
Hi cuddlepop.

Put your mouse pointer over the picture you want to use.

Right-click and select copy shortcut or copy image location depending on which browser you're using.

Click on the User CP link near the top left of the page.

Select Edit Avatar from the menu on the left.

There will be a window with Enter URL to Image: above it.
Click in the window and delete the text that's there.
Right click and select paste.

Click the Save Changes button.

I think the Org resizes too-large images automatically but, if not, let me know. The image needs to be 80 pixels by 80 and 10.7k maximum.

You can resize easily and quickly with IrfanView - free off the net.

cuddlepop
17-Oct-06, 22:04
Thank you both will attempt tomorrow when the brains less fuddled.:eek:

Tiger Jones
17-Oct-06, 22:05
You can resize easily and quickly with IrfanView - free off the net.Here - my service is free too, you know :lol:

Well, it's free to nice people [lol]

Tiger Jones
17-Oct-06, 22:07
Thank you both will attempt tomorrow when the brains less fuddled.:eek:If I waited until my brain was less fuddled, I'd never get anything done! :lol:

Kingetter
17-Oct-06, 22:10
Here - my service is free too, you know :lol:

Well, it's free to nice people [lol]

Free as the wind? (and so back to methane)

Tiger Jones
17-Oct-06, 22:20
Free as the wind? (and so back to methane)Me thane? Naw - me inthane thir.

cuddlepop
18-Oct-06, 20:30
At last!.
Dont know how we done it but even after following your instuctions I couldn't paste so had to copy to my pictures and then upload from computer.:D

Tiger Jones
19-Oct-06, 00:11
Well done, cuddlepop! :)

willowbankbear
25-Oct-06, 13:26
How do you get animated avatars? I have many animated clips saved but Im unsure how to get them into avatar box. I tried to copy & paste but it wasnt interested.All of them are borrowed from other sites as you do(rockchick has my old cat!) Any help ?

Ricco
25-Oct-06, 13:49
How do you get animated avatars? I have many animated clips saved but Im unsure how to get them into avatar box. I tried to copy & paste but it wasnt interested.All of them are borrowed from other sites as you do(rockchick has my old cat!) Any help ?

WWB,

You need to make sure that they are the right size - both physical and kilobyte - and then browse for them, if I remember rightly. Yup - just checked.

canuck
25-Oct-06, 20:30

Tiger Jones got my moose to move. It was a matter of making it small enough.

Tiger Jones
26-Oct-06, 14:40
Tiger Jones got my moose to move. It was a matter of making it small enough.
Yep - if anyone wants a hand resizing etc, PM me ;)

gary.b
27-Oct-06, 22:33
I can't get an avatar up, when I go to edit avatar, the button next to "do not use an avatar" is highlighted and it won't allow me to unclick it. Help! Please, I've been trying for days.
Also can't get a signature up????

Tiger Jones
27-Oct-06, 23:29
Hi gary. You don't yet seem to have enough posts under your belt to be able to display an avatar. You've certainly been a member for long enough but length of 'service' and post count are both taken into consideration. I'm not sure about the latest threshold for number of posts but it might be 50.

As for your signature, I think it's the same deal but I can see yours when I view your profile so at least it's there waiting for use ;)

connieb19
28-Oct-06, 00:16
I can't get an avatar up, when I go to edit avatar, the button next to "do not use an avatar" is highlighted and it won't allow me to unclick it. Help! Please, I've been trying for days.
Also can't get a signature up????
I think you need 30 posts gary. :confused

gary.b
28-Oct-06, 09:42
Opps, better get posting then, only 2 to go.