PDA

View Full Version : Windmills not working today.

david
29-Oct-11, 10:59
As I look out of my cold, damp, lonely cottage at Westerdale, I notice that hardly any of the wind turbines are moving, despite there being a good breeze. Anyone any idea why this is?

pat
29-Oct-11, 12:19
over here it is too much wind!

Ferry did not sail last night back to Stornoway but sailed this morning at 0500, bay in front of house is pure white and horrible.

Turbines turned off due to predicted high winds may be?

bekisman
29-Oct-11, 15:48
As I look out of my cold, damp, lonely cottage at Westerdale, I notice that hardly any of the wind turbines are moving, despite there being a good breeze. Anyone any idea why this is?
Grid can't take it? too much being shoved in the system? I seem to remember someone on here said they could contact the site manager, maybe they can contact again...

david
29-Oct-11, 16:16
Grid can't take it? too much being shoved in the system? I seem to remember someone on here said they could contact the site manager, maybe they can contact again...

No, that can't be it-just switched the kettle on and they're still not turning!

bekisman
29-Oct-11, 19:06
No, that can't be it-just switched the kettle on and they're still not turning!
Blinking heck - where's the electricity coming from!

david
29-Oct-11, 19:47
Blinking heck - where's the electricity coming from!

Don't know, hang on Helen's just put the washing machine on and there's one turning a bit now!

Dialyser
29-Oct-11, 20:04
Maybe this is what they need?

http://news.cnet.com/8301-11128_3-20126515-54/no-wind-no-problem-with-giant-battery-bank/?tag=mncol;1n

oldmarine
29-Oct-11, 20:40
Read some comments on here that report they are getting electricity. Very interesting.

bekisman
29-Oct-11, 21:00
Don't know, hang on Helen's just put the washing machine on and there's one turning a bit now!
Hmmm interesting.

Went to a house fire once in West Mids and nearly got electrocuted, the bloke had wired his house up from the street mains - MEB showed us the trench he'd dug and filled in with tarmac from B&Q - you sure you've not dug a trench from your place to that turbine?