PDA

View Full Version : Dumped kittens

Liz
01-Dec-04, 21:06
Some very callous person has dumped ten seven to eight week old kittens at the home of an elderly couple in the Yarrows area, Thrumster. [mad]

If anyone has any idea who could have done this or can offer a home to any of them then please let me know.

Goodness knows what has happened to the mother cats. The poor things will probably go on having litter after litter who will be dumped again!

There is no need for unwanted kittens at all as Cats Protection will pay for them to be neutered.

This type of irresponsible behaviour makes me so angry as the only ones to suffer are the cats and kittens and other people have to sort out the mess. :roll:

Liz

Mandy
02-Dec-04, 00:11
I'm sorry - I need to apologise in advance, but I really am on my high horse tonight!

Where are all the animal lovers in Caithness? Why can no-one be bothered to help these animals?

The Caithness branch of Cats Protection is in danger of closing, for one simple reason - we can't cope. Abandoned, injured and unwanted cats are a huge problem in Caithness - maybe some people just don't realise how bad it is? Cats are just abandoned, no-one feeds them..............no-one makes sure that they have been neutered, so they just keep having kittens, and the cycle starts all over again. How are we ever going to resolve this problem if the community won't help?

We have a lot of cats and kittens waiting to be rehomed. We have so many, we are actually running out of room - that's how bad it is.

Caithness Cats Protection are doing their best, but it is getting harder every day. All we ask is for some support from the community. We desperately need people to help - any help at all is appreciated so much. Can anyone give us a few hours of their time each week? Each month?

We need people to help with fundraising - it doesn't take much of your time, is very rewarding and can be a lot of fun.

We need people to transport cats and kittens to new homes, foster homes and the vets. We also need people to carry out home visits and follow up visits.

All of these jobs just need a few hours here and there, but could mean the difference between the Branch being able to continue, or having to close.

If you love animals as much as we do - please help!

Little Miss Naughty
02-Dec-04, 09:24
I hope the person or people responsible for dumping the Kittens are feeling really bad. It makes me so angry that people can harm animals, how would they like to be dumped somewhere!!!!!!
[mad] [mad] [mad] [mad]

hierophant
02-Dec-04, 10:21
I come from the Yarrows area and it makes me so mad how somebody could dump small defenceless animals like that...i would like to take 2 or 3 of the kittens but we already have a small family of feral ones at our house at the moment which are beginning to get a bit friendly....this type of behaviour is despicable....the person who dumped those kittens surely cannot have a conscience......... [mad] [mad] [mad]

wicker
02-Dec-04, 16:34
Thats wild if people dont want kittens they should ensure their cats are neutered.

Wish i could take some kittens from you to help out but theres no way my cat would put up with it to damn jealous

Tic Chick
02-Dec-04, 17:18
I would happyily take one of the kittens but I won't be up in Caithess until Christmas time. My flatmate has just moved out and took our cat with her, which has broken my heart.

I had planned to just go to the Cats Protection down here in Aberdeen but if these kittens are desperate I'd love to help. Are they being cared for by the Cats Protection at the moment?

colmac
02-Dec-04, 20:19
Um....I do agree that the cats protection society would be the best ones to find new homes for the kittens, but I disagree that they will pay to have them neutered. I got two kittens from them almost three years ago and when I took them to the vets to have them neutered the vet even thought the CPS would pay for it and sent the bill to them. The CPS returned it to them and said that I had to pay it.

Liz
02-Dec-04, 23:59
Hi Colmac

Cats Protection will pay for stray and feral cats to be neutered and for those on a low income.

Liz

Idlewild
05-Dec-04, 19:34
Liz,

Are people still able to adopt cats from CPL at the moment or is this stopped around Christmas time to make sure they don't end up as unwanted gifts? Poor little things :~(

Thanx

Liz
05-Dec-04, 23:56
Hi Idlewild

We do tend to stop homing cats and kittens near Christmas but assess each individual case as sometimes Christmas can be a good time as the cat or kitten has company all of the time for a few days to get them 'settled in'.

We definitely do not want kittens to be seen as a 'christmas present'!

On the subject of unwanted cats and kittens I am sad to say that in the four years Cats Protection has been operating in Caithness this has been the worst year for stray cats and kittens.

Where I live alone we have had six cats and seven kittens.
At the moment we are feeding four stray adult cats!!

It makes me so sad as I see my own cats lying in the warmth of a home being loved and cared for. Don't all cats deserve this?!!!!!

I really hope that 2005 will be a better time for cats and kittens in Caithness! :roll:

I do have to add that there a good number of people who care for strays and to them I'd like to say THANKS!!!!!

There were a few people who kindly offered to be volunteers, through this forum, and their details were passed on to our co-ordinator. She has since resigned so I wonder would you be good enough to contact me again please?

Liz