PDA

View Full Version : £14 return to anywhere in Scotland

Fran
17-Oct-06, 17:09
Here is a good bargain from Scotrail for those over the age 0f 55.
£14 return to anywhere in Scotland with a further £2 off for senior rail card holders. You can travel for this price between 23 October and 8th December.

Two of you could travel to Inverness for shopping, stay the night at the Royal highland Hotel next to the station and have dinner, bed and breakfast and come back home on the train, only £94 all in for the two of you!!!!

The royal highland hotel has a special offer on of £33 for dinner bed and breakfast)

Its amazing to think you could travel from wick to Berwick upon Tweed for instance for £14 return.

George Brims
17-Oct-06, 17:37
Will that work? Last time I passed through it (March this year) Berwick was in England.

Fran
18-Oct-06, 01:47
Im not sure George. I know this was the furthest station you could ugo to last time the offer was on. Berwick is the principal border town between Scotland and england and its football team play in the scottish league. Sometimes it is in Scotland and sometimes England!!!

JAWS
18-Oct-06, 03:39
Isn't Berwick that bit of Scotland which is only on temporary loan to England?

Tom Cornwall
18-Oct-06, 22:11
Im not sure George. I know this was the furthest station you could ugo to last time the offer was on. Berwick is the principal border town between Scotland and england and its football team play in the scottish league. Sometimes it is in Scotland and sometimes England!!!
This is probaly still true, many years ago, we did a 'tour of Scotland' on the railway, and we went to Berwick on the East coast and Carlisle on the West. So there you go