PDA

View Full Version : What would make you happy right now?

henry20
17-Oct-06, 16:56
I've been feeling a bit down today and a bit bored :roll:

I've been trying to think what would be the one thing (or cluster of things) that would make me happy right now. They would have to be:

1: getting the night off work (I'm really not in the mood)
2: getting on a horse and going wherever I wanted
3: coming home to a nice hot bath and a glass of wine
4: top it off with an early night

in reality, I will be:
1: getting home at 5:50
2: cooking dinner
3: having a shower
4: ironing my work clothes (which I've just washed at my mums as I still don't have a washing machine)
5: starting work at 7
6: getting home at 12:30am
7: being in work again at 7:40am :~(

motopitcrew
17-Oct-06, 17:41
With me rightnow if my friends would talk to me as we have fallen out

peedie
17-Oct-06, 18:18
if i was told that aberdeen had fallen into the sea and i would just have to stay in caithness! i dont want to go back :(

rockchick
17-Oct-06, 18:59
When I was homeless, penniless, and exiled from my family my answer to your question would have been "someplace dry and warm to sleep tonight, and maybe a friendly face to talk to"...

When I was poor, and living off $300 a month (about £150) my answer would have been "a job that pays $1000 a month"...

When I was earning $3,000 a month, my answer would have been "to have a child to spend it on"...

When my first husband and I split, cleaving two children's stable home, my answer would have been "to find a way to keep things together"...

Fast-forward a few years...

Nowadays, on my second (and final!) marriage to a wonderful man, three happy kids, food in my tummy, glass of wine at hand, rich enough to afford a computer, the electricity to run it, the house to put it in, and the job to pay the taxman, my answer would be "a walk with my dog and a good night's sleep"...

golach
17-Oct-06, 19:36
Peace and goodwill on the Org, a load of whinging girning lot are most that come on here, hardly a good word comes from any of you all, (with a few exceptions). IMO ofcourse
That would make me happy today, but small chance of that methinks [disgust]

cuddlepop
17-Oct-06, 19:39
To be able to be in two places at once on the 30th of this month.
No matter how hard I try someone is going to be disappointed:~(

Billy Boy
17-Oct-06, 19:45
well what would make me happy right now? nothing... as i am already happy :D and life couldnt be better i have my health, mr billy boy and miss bb a roof over our heads, food in the cupboard, clothes and a job. to ask for anything else would definatley be nothing more than selfish.

connieb19
17-Oct-06, 19:48
well what would make me happy right now? nothing... as i am already happy :D and life couldnt be better i have my health, mr billy boy and miss bb a roof over our heads, food in the cupboard, clothes and a job. to ask for anything else would definatley be nothing more than selfish.I can't think of anything either, I'm happy with what I have. It dosna seem right lol. :confused

Billy Boy
17-Oct-06, 19:53
With me rightnow if my friends would talk to me as we have fallen out

why dont you go and see them then lol, life's to short to sit and worry about things, go out and change them.

acameron
17-Oct-06, 20:00
Be Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IERzx5Spic

aileenmac
17-Oct-06, 20:02
to see my son and daughter, one is in brighton and the other at keele uni. (also some heating in the house would be quite nice, lol)

Murchiemannie
17-Oct-06, 21:37
if i was told that aberdeen had fallen into the sea and i would just have to stay in caithness! i dont want to go back :(
Oh! don't say that about Aberdeen peedie. I'm going to be a granny again soon and really want to be around for a wee while yet.

Kolskegg
17-Oct-06, 22:13
Just two things...

for my work to tail off as I'm tired working so much overtime,

and for the woman I love to feel the same way about me...

but essentially I'm fairly content...

oh yeah, and for my nuisance neighbour to start acting like a human being.

Lolabelle
18-Oct-06, 03:02
To be able to be in two places at once on the 30th of this month.
No matter how hard I try someone is going to be disappointed:~(
Sounds all too familiar, on Friday 27th I have to be at a Bellydancing demonstration and also a Trucking Business Opening with Dave. The truck thing starts at 6pm and the performance at 7.30pm. They are about an hour drive apart and I don't really want to go to the Truck thing dressed as a Belly Dancer! They might think I am the entertainment. Ha!
So I will go a dancing and Dave will go a truckin' and that's that!:confused

Kingetter
18-Oct-06, 09:10
Happiness is the way. So, treasure every moment that you have and treasure
it more because you shared it with someone special, special enough to spend
your time with... And remember that time waits for no one.

Stop waiting...

Until your car or home is paid off.
Until you get a new car or home.
Until your kids leave the house.
Until you go back to school.
Until you finish school.
Until you lose 10 lbs.
Until you gain 10 lbs.
Until you get married.
Until you get a divorce.
Until you have kids.
Until you retire.
Until summer.
Until spring.
Until winter.
Until fall.
Until you die.
There is no better time than right now to be happy.

henry20
18-Oct-06, 11:01
My new washing machine arriving :D:D (wasn't due in until next week, so its been a bonus)

No more dragging baskets of washing to my mums - although she did tumble dry & fold it for me too. Just a shame she didn't iron it too.

Kingetter
18-Oct-06, 11:05
My new washing machine arriving (wasn't due in until next week, so its been a bonus)

No more dragging baskets of washing to my mums - although she did tumble dry & fold it for me too. Just a shame she didn't iron it too.

Good news eh? Well 'press on' and get that ironing done :D

henry20
18-Oct-06, 11:15
:lol: I'm sure I'll get it all straightened out tonight

Kingetter
18-Oct-06, 11:20
:lol: I'm sure I'll get it all straightened out tonight

You'll be flat out doing it, right?

roblovesplastic
18-Oct-06, 11:21
world peace
rich nations helping poor nations
evil polititions being removed from power
children not being hurt

Ann
18-Oct-06, 11:30

Stop waiting...

Until you finish school.
Until you lose 10 lbs.
Until you gain 10 lbs.
Until you get married.
Until you get a divorce.
Until you have kids.
Until you retire.
Until summer.
Until spring.
Until winter.
Until fall.
Until you die.

My sentiments too KG; I wasted a lot of my time and I see others doing it too; NOW is the time to be happy. :)

Kingetter
18-Oct-06, 11:33
My sentiments too KG; I wasted a lot of my time and I see others doing it too; NOW is the time to be happy. :)
You're a long time deid (or so I'm told - not been there, done that etc etc):lol:

lauraspetportraits
18-Oct-06, 11:46

Stop waiting...

Until you finish school.
Until you lose 10 lbs.
Until you gain 10 lbs.
Until you get married.
Until you get a divorce.
Until you have kids.
Until you retire.
Until summer.
Until spring.
Until winter.
Until fall.
Until you die.

Kingetter I agree. Life's to short to spend it waiting.

I'm happy - I have a loving fiance, 4 hooligan dogs, a great new house (that's mine, not my mum's woohoo!!) and loads of time to be doin' what I want to do, coz i'm unemployed (oops, must look for a job and stop browsing the org!!)

Laura
--x--

Kingetter
18-Oct-06, 11:49
Kingetter I agree. Life's to short to spend it waiting.

I'm happy - I have a loving fiance, 4 hooligan dogs, a great new house (that's mine, not my mum's woohoo!!) and loads of time to be doin' what I want to do, coz i'm unemployed (oops, must look for a job and stop browsing the org!!)

Laura
--x--

Laura you should be an inspiration to others and I'm sure a job will come up as you've obviously got PMA (No comedians, not PMS!!!).

henry20
18-Oct-06, 12:02
Life is full of ups and downs. I'm not unhappy, my life is comfortable - I have a lot more than many do (ie a roof over my head, a loving husband, a meal every night and money in the bank to keep me going day to day), but sometimes on those down days, you just need that extra boost to put a smile on your face.

I live a life with no regrets and am building for my future. I really can't fault my life, but everyone needs a wee 'pick me up' every now and then. So, tonight I'm going to fulfil one of last nights goals and have an early nightn (once I try out my new washing machine of course!). Roll on bedtime :D

Kingetter
18-Oct-06, 12:11
Life is full of ups and downs. I'm not unhappy, my life is comfortable - I have a lot more than many do (ie a roof over my head, a loving husband, a meal every night and money in the bank to keep me going day to day), but sometimes on those down days, you just need that extra boost to put a smile on your face.

I live a life with no regrets and am building for my future. I really can't fault my life, but everyone needs a wee 'pick me up' every now and then. So, tonight I'm going to fulfil one of last nights goals and have an early nightn (once I try out my new washing machine of course!). Roll on bedtime
Have you gota new iron to try out after the new washing machine? If so, it may not be an early night:)

sweetpea
18-Oct-06, 12:15
I like to think I'm happy all the time. Ok, I have days where people bug me, I have to do things I don't want to do and stuff like that, but the way I see it is you can't change anyone but yourself. I prefer to spend my time observing those who are unhappy and thanking my lucky stars I'm able to pull myself up and deal with life on life's terms. I've been doing a bit of studying about 'emotional literacy' as it's called and have found that so many people do nothing to help their own mental state, it's scary, but it's because they don't know what they don't know. I also come across a lot of people who have an ideal picture of what their life should be like that doesn't match reality and that makes them unhappy. Be happy with your lot or take action to change it:)

henry20
18-Oct-06, 12:15
As a matter of fact, my iron is now about a month old, so its been tried out regularly, but I'll give it another go tonight just to make sure its as good as new ;)

Kingetter
18-Oct-06, 12:19
So you will be on here late(er?) tonight then?;)

henry20
18-Oct-06, 12:21
well, stranger things have happened kingetter, but I'm 95% (ok maybe 60%) sure that I won't be visiting the org tonight! watch this space ............... :o

Kingetter
18-Oct-06, 12:33
and by 6 pm, what percentage then eh?lol

See ya when I see ya.

paris
18-Oct-06, 18:31
What would make me happy right now is that i didnt have this tooth abcess thats trobbing like mad !!! :(

Ricco
18-Oct-06, 19:43
Peace and goodwill on the Org, a load of whinging girning lot are most that come on here, hardly a good word comes from any of you all, (with a few exceptions). IMO ofcourse
That would make me happy today, but small chance of that methinks

Aww, Golach. You are are such a grumpy. ;)

For me... I would like a nice walk in the woods with my nieces, on a sunny day (no kids, you see). Come to think of it - I had that last Saturday and it was great! :D

danc1ngwitch
18-Oct-06, 20:04
u mean all these folks that answered are sad lol... or did u mean what would make u happier ???

emszxr
18-Oct-06, 20:06
as long as my husband and kids are healthy and happy then so am i, but a full nights sleep would be nice, just one night, thats all i ask for

obiron
18-Oct-06, 21:05
im happy most of the time just now and again get a bit grrr. life is good with hubby and kids. should be better on fri when sky gets fixed.

Bobinovich
18-Oct-06, 23:00
I'm in an *almost* permanent state of happiness these days :).

Only downer at the moment is that we pushed the boat out recently (house extensions), and then our hot water tank burst on us (boo hoo), so bang went our holiday fund :~(

golach
18-Oct-06, 23:21
I'm in an *almost* permanent state of happiness these days :).

Only downer at the moment is that we pushed the boat out recently (house extensions), and then our hot water tank burst on us (boo hoo), so bang went our holiday fund
OMG, ye diddna get a certain wuman in Castletoon's hubby till do yer plumbing did ye? [disgust]