PDA

View Full Version : Amazon

Scunner
26-Oct-11, 20:47
Has anyone had emails from Amazon, re their account? Suspect its a scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

theone
26-Oct-11, 20:50
Has anyone had emails from Amazon, re their account? Suspect its a scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ignore the email, open your browser (don't follow the link from the email), go to amazon and log in normally.

Any problems with your account should be there.

gerry4
26-Oct-11, 20:55
anything that says there is a problem with your account from any so called company delete without hitting the link. There are also spam emails from the Inland Revenue saying you are due a refund, ignore those to.

All of these types of emails are fake, trying to steal money from you.

on any email if you are uncertain, delete it. You can then phone the company direct if you are worried but never use a phone number on that email. Look up the correct number in the telephone book or the company's actual website

chaz
26-Oct-11, 21:18

yes i have had two in two days!

oldmarine
27-Oct-11, 00:38
I understand that Amazon is in financial trouble and may be about to file for bankruptcy. However, I have been using Amazon successfully in buying their books.

RecQuery
27-Oct-11, 07:42
I'm sorry but Amazon are not in financial trouble. They didn't make as much profit this year because of investment in research and development. I'm more amazed that the stock markets are so short sighted and still support short term gains. What Amazon were doing was paving the way for future services and revenue streams.

oldmarine
27-Oct-11, 19:25
I'm sorry but Amazon are not in financial trouble. They didn't make as much profit this year because of investment in research and development. I'm more amazed that the stock markets are so short sighted and still support short term gains. What Amazon were doing was paving the way for future services and revenue streams.
It will depend on whether Amazon continues with their plan for banruptcy or not. I hope not becasue I do use them to purchase their products.

teddybear1873
27-Oct-11, 21:57
I've been using Amazon for a good number of years and I think they are one of the best for products and customer service. As far as I'm aware of they are in a good financial position. I have bought the new Kindle Fire for $200 and I think that is a tremendous deal.

gerry4
27-Oct-11, 22:08
I understand that Amazon is in financial trouble and may be about to file for bankruptcy. However, I have been using Amazon successfully in buying their books.

Sorry but that is one of the most stupidest statement that has been put on here and that is saying something. There is about as much chance of Amazon going bust as there is of the moon crashing into the earth.

If anyone took you seriously Amazon could sue you but they don't and after that comment no one else would.

theone
27-Oct-11, 22:16
Sorry but that is one of the most stupidest statement that has been put on here ................

Amazon announced a 73% drop in profits in this quarter, and has announced to the US financial regulators that 11 companies have filed patent lawsuits against them this year.

Whether right or wrong, I'm sure there's been more stupid statements put on here!

oldmarine
28-Oct-11, 02:17
Amazon announced a 73% drop in profits in this quarter, and has announced to the US financial regulators that 11 companies have filed patent lawsuits against them this year.

Whether right or wrong, I'm sure there's been more stupid statements put on here!
theone: Thank you for clearing my statements on this matter. I know I had read some place that Amazon was having financial problems with a suggestion of possible bankruptcy.