PDA

View Full Version : Help

amilo
26-Oct-11, 12:12
Please could some body tell e why? its £100 cheaper to have a male dog sniped in englandshire, than it is in good old wick, i just for the life of me can not understand why its so dear to do the same job:~(:~(

shazzap
26-Oct-11, 12:15
Please could some body tell e why? its £100 cheaper to have a male dog sniped in englandshire, than it is in good old wick, i just for the life of me can not understand why its so dear to do the same job:~(:~(

More competition.

Nick Noble
26-Oct-11, 12:17
I would guess competition may have something to do with it, and also volume of work. Why not see what the cost is in Inverness - but then of course you would have transport costs :)

Kodiak
26-Oct-11, 14:33
The Vets up here are Just Greedy. They have a Monopoly so they can charge what they like.

therealducati
26-Oct-11, 18:11
The Vets up here are Just Greedy. They have a Monopoly so they can charge what they like.

I don't think that McGregor are expensive. We previously lived in the central belt, where there were lots of vet practices, and it was substantially more for vaccinations etc than it is here. We have also been in the situation of having a very large vet bill for our Border Collie (sadly no longer with us) and McGregor let us pay in installments, which my vet in West Lothian refused to do when we had a similar situation down there. Having said all that, I don't know what the prices are now like in Englandshire as we moved north of the Border in 1995.

unicorn
26-Oct-11, 23:09
The vets up here are very reasonably priced and do a great job, I have had a dog diagnosed with auto immune hemolytic anaemia in the last month and they have been great, he was close to death when I first took him in on a Saturday and the vet did not hesitate to use his own dog for an immediate transfusion, the bill has been less so far than anticipated for his blood transfusions and the care has been fantastic, we are very lucky with our vets, the costs in ohter areas for blood transfusions were a good bit more than I have paid.
So to say our vets are greedy is ridiculous.

amilo
28-Oct-11, 05:48
Thank you for all the replies

mi16
28-Oct-11, 06:58
Perhaps this is a question for the VET's rather than joe public.

shazzap
28-Oct-11, 10:32
Perhaps this is a question for the VET's rather than joe public.

Why????????????

mi16
28-Oct-11, 11:03
why would anyone other than the VET's themselves know the answer to his question?

shazzap
28-Oct-11, 12:02
The original poster, was i think having a bit of a moan, and why not. The vets, why is yours in capitals. Will not tell you.............Oh yes Mr/Mrs or what ever. We charge this because we can, now will they.

teddybear1873
28-Oct-11, 12:26
why would anyone other than the VET's themselves know the answer to his question?

That's what's so unique about the org..............and while I'm at it, why I'm I answering your question?