PDA

View Full Version : Cat death suspicion

adi1
25-Oct-11, 20:03
Just a word of warning to residents in the lower Ormlie area, yesterday morning we received a phone call to say that one of our cats was dead laying on the grass just round the corner. fearing the worst I went to pick the cat up with a black bag thinking he had been run over. When I saw him he just looked like he was sleeping on the grass,I picked him and gave him a quick examination, there where no signs of any trauma no blood lacerations all his claws intact no broken teeth. He was quite a young cat 4 years old and in good health.Now my second cat is still missing from the 22nd. Now I am hoping im wrong and there is no proof but Im begining to think they may of been poisoned. Anyone else in the area with missing cats or sudden fatalities?
The second cat that is missing is named Rooney a very timid cat who looks like the "Felix" cat any info would be welcome thank you

mi16
25-Oct-11, 22:02
two words
post mortem

adi1
25-Oct-11, 22:08
Two Words
cat buried

secrets in symmetry
25-Oct-11, 22:12
I hope you find your cat alive and well adi1. I'll keep my paws crossed.

adi1
25-Oct-11, 22:15
I hope you find your cat alive and well adi1. I'll keep my paws crossed.
Thank you my wee boy only 18 month is starting to look around the house for the pair now

unicorn
25-Oct-11, 22:43
I had a cat picked up by a passing vet from the side of the road in springpark in just the same way, he could have been asleep, the vet did say sometimes they can be like that.

orkneycadian
25-Oct-11, 23:30
If all us farmers thought something had been poisoned every time it dropped dead with no visible signs, then there would be a lot of folk going round saying "Theres been a muuuuurrrrrderrrrrr"!

Wherever you have livestock, you have deadstock - Applies from goldfish upwards.

reddevil
26-Oct-11, 22:53
two cats have gone missing from my area,4 or 5 nights ago.

Rheghead
27-Oct-11, 00:53
Sorry to hear of your cat's death. It is the time of year when people put out poison for mice and rats in their sheds and garages, could it be possible that the cat has eaten mice with poison in their gut?

adi1
27-Oct-11, 06:30
Just to let everyone know Rooney the missing cat turned up yesterday, a bit on the thin side but other than that in good health........thanks to everyone who contacted me with info

secrets in symmetry
27-Oct-11, 12:44
That's great news, adi1. I can uncross my paws now.