PDA

View Full Version : Torrisdale Trekking

henry20
17-Oct-06, 08:35
I can highly recommend going horse-riding at Torrisdale Trekking.

My hubby and I went on Sunday - he has only been on a horse twice before and I used to go horse-riding every a week (albeit 10 years ago).

We were greeted with a cup of coffee - much to hubby's delight before being introduced to our horses.

As hubby was a novice, he was told he would be led on the trek - much to his relief. I was thinking I may find the trek a tad boring when all we would be doing was walking to the beach and back, but they took into account that I was an experienced rider (in days gone by) and I was allowed to go for a trot and canter.

It was great that 2 riders with different capabilities could go on the same trek and neither feeling that they were out of their depth/held back. Hubby even managed a wee trot and was no longer being led by the end of it.

A great day out for both of us and we'll definitely be going back! :D

Mother Bear
19-Oct-06, 06:28
Sounds really good...whereabouts is that?

henry20
19-Oct-06, 08:01
Its up at Bettyhill - a bit of a trek in itself, but on a lovely day, its nice to take in the scenery & make a day of it.

footie chick
19-Oct-06, 09:39
Is it suitable for all ages and how much do they charge and is it easy to find?

henry20
19-Oct-06, 09:52
Yes, it is suitable for all ages and all abilities - they ask height and weight, so they can allocate you the right horse. I'm not sure of prices as I was treated to it. It was relatively easy to find - the owner has a sign outside her house for it, then it is the first right after and you follow the road round and can't miss it.

They are open all year round except Xmas day - I'm hoping hubby will take me there on my birthday - weather permitting :D