PDA

View Full Version : Scotland and BBC News and Politics

RecQuery
25-Oct-11, 09:21
Interesting read (http://www.newsnetscotland.org/index.php/scottish-opinion/3494-is-the-bbcs-getting-too-big-for-its-boots.html).

This sentence basically sums up my opinion of the BBC:

"The BBC needs to be shaken up, until then Paxman will continue to ridicule and berate people from beyond England’s borders. Question Time host David Dimbleby will continue to treat 'regional' guests from those same areas with contempt and BBC Scotland will continue to act as a broadcast equivalent of the Daily Record."

Phill
25-Oct-11, 09:50
As with many public funded organisations (councils, NHS etc. etc etc.) the BBC needs tearing apart and rebuilding, ground up.

The legacy of institutionalism, patronisation and utter disregard for public opinion whilst pishing millions of public pounds up the wall whilst failing to deliver simple services to the taxpayer is simply outrageous.

I caught Watchdog, I think it was, the other night. Ann Robinson was "interviewing" some guy ( I forget who or what for) but in a similar style to Paxman, she just berated him and rudely interrupted his answers. No one got to hear what he had to say.
Impartiality! My Arse!

RecQuery
25-Oct-11, 10:52
I dislike it when the BBC waste money on programmes that were commercially successful or would get made anyway, that's not what they're supposed to do. They're supposed to make stuff that is either in the public interest or innovative / niche stuff that wouldn't get made otherwise.

In principle though I like the idea of a BBC or something similar.