PDA

View Full Version : Was taking out Gadhafi the right thing to do?

sandyr1
24-Oct-11, 23:27
Was just reading that now that Gadahfi is gone the new interim Leader is going to impose Sharia Law...Going back to the dark olde days....Women especially!
Just amazes me that we...the Civilized(Western) World, kept him in Power and then one day...Buddy you are History!

RecQuery
24-Oct-11, 23:38
It was not a good idea to kill him, it's never a good idea to kill anyone. It was about self interest, sadly it always is. We do business with people worse than he was. Basing a legal system on something that punishes not believing in Islam by death (Sharia) is a mistake. They need to establish a constitution and hold elections first. I hope it doesn't happen but I suspect we'll see conflicts along tribal lines in six months or the country will have a propped up "president".

sandyr1
25-Oct-11, 01:57
Thank you RQ...I agree...

And would the rest of you like to submit your 'Tuppence Worth'? Over 2 U all!

Aaldtimer
25-Oct-11, 03:23
Was just reading that now that Gadahfi is gone the new interim Leader is going to impose Sharia Law...

Another Fox News reader...The interim Leader has no power whatsoever to impose anything!

Mr Jalil's words are twisted/spun...he actually said that they should be guided by Sharia...quelle surprise in a Muslim country!

The elections scheduled for next year will decide who decides what for the future of Libya.:roll:

theone
25-Oct-11, 03:46
The elections scheduled for next year will decide who decides what for the future of Libya.:roll:

Unless the West don't like the winner...............

Aaldtimer
25-Oct-11, 04:21
Unless the West don't like the winner...............

And if the west dont like it, what will they do?:roll:

sandyr1
25-Oct-11, 05:34
And what is wrong with Fox News Mr.A One biased one way the other ......the other way/ Perhaps some objectivity.The West....
Shaw of Iran,
Noriega,
Gadhafi,
Hussain,
Pakistan...forgot his name,
Afghanistan...Ditto
South Korea "
Mobarek......etc etc etc...over 2 u...

It's a wee bitty late/ thinking cap on for another day...Am not going to argue///I would like to see what people think.................

George Brims
25-Oct-11, 07:44
And what is wrong with Fox News Mr.A
Almost everything. It is the heavily financed (by the chappie whose journos tap the phones of murdered teenagers) propaganda organ of the Republican Party. Kind of like "Pravda"* was for the Soviet Politburo.

*("Pravda" means "truth" - how Orwellian)