PDA

View Full Version : MacWatters

Anonymous
07-Mar-01, 22:33
I am looking for the desentents of the MacWatters Families..I would like the parents of Frederich MacWatters. His son was Went to canada and then settle in Philda, Pa Usa..Could any body tell me if the family still lives there today..I know the name MacWatters is spelled diffent ways..Please help!!!

Regards Jim Ludwigsen

Anonymous
07-Mar-01, 22:36
They say the name Macwatters comes from Caithness, Scotland. I am doing my genealogy . This is my gggreat grand father.

Thanks

Bill Fernie
08-Mar-01, 00:02
There is only one McWatt in the telephone directory for Highlands and Islands and they live in Wick. Could MacWatters be derived from McWatt. Years ago people were not so worried about spelling.

Anonymous
09-Feb-02, 15:47
There are tow shops, one in Wcik the other in Thurso with the surname WATERS, maybe this is also a varient of MACWATTERS.

I am also interested in the name of WATERS as this was my fathers name, is the name a local one??

Anonymous
09-Feb-02, 19:10
On 2001-03-07 23:02, Bill Fernie wrote:

There is only one McWatt in the telephone directory for Highlands and Islands and they live in Wick. Could MacWatters be derived from McWatt. Years ago people were not so worried about spelling.

I have found the McWatters in Montreal , Canada. Back in the early 1800's But I have not found the country they came from. McWatters could be , Scotish Or Irish. This is what I have been told.. I don't know what to do??

Regards Jim Ludwigsen

Anonymous
12-Feb-02, 22:07
My 3xGreatGrandmother was Helen Watters of Thurso, married Donald Sutherland, Grieve of Mount Pleasant, Thurso in 1806. There are quite a few Watters (various spellings) around Thurso and Bower around then as shown in the Old Parish Registers. One of their daughters, Helen married Donald McKay in 1844 and their first daughter was Helen Waters McKay who married a John Shearer in 1873.