PDA

View Full Version : Wrap up warm Ma'am!!

Rheghead
22-Oct-11, 12:08
In a perverse send-up of the way we define our standards of living, the Queen is now nearly in living in fuel poverty. Well I never. :roll:

http://www.myfinances.co.uk/cut-your-bills/2011/10/22/the-queen-is-just-one-big-price-rise-away-from-fuel-poverty

Corrie 3
22-Oct-11, 12:24
I am in tears, I think I will have to send her a food parcel!!!
C3............:roll:

starfish
22-Oct-11, 12:45
my my what a shame bet she will not go hungry just to keep warm like the rest of the pensioner

golach
22-Oct-11, 12:47
Thats your OBE up in the air Rheg [lol]

oldmarine
24-Oct-11, 02:53
I am in tears, I think I will have to send her a food parcel!!!
C3............:roll:
There are some comments on here that can make one laugh. A good sense of humour does help.

Mrs Bucket
24-Oct-11, 09:22
Its good to have a laugh about it but I know a few pensioners who are worrying how they will keep warm this winter without wearing jacket hat and gloves indoors, its disgracefu. Silly me I had high hopes a new centurya new government and all that jazz.

Kodiak
24-Oct-11, 12:26
The real cold weather is not here yet and I am spending 25% of my pension on Electricity. Goodness knows what I will be spending when the Winter really arrives. I am not looking forward to Winter at all this year as it is going to be a real miserable one as far as I can see.

poppett
24-Oct-11, 17:30
Even with the allowances and discounts for dual fuel and paying by direct debit this winter is going to be a real struggle. Hope anyone spending more than 15% of their income or more on fuel has joined one of the fuel poverty schemes. Not much, but it does help.

shazzap
24-Oct-11, 17:31
My heart bleeds for her NOT.

adi1
25-Oct-11, 11:32
I dont think the Queen can be blamed for fuel poverty my anger would be aimed at the greedy power companies making obscene profits. Because you are born in a position of wealth does not make you responsible for other peoples hardships

Kodiak
25-Oct-11, 14:14
Even with the allowances and discounts for dual fuel and paying by direct debit this winter is going to be a real struggle. Hope anyone spending more than 15% of their income or more on fuel has joined one of the fuel poverty schemes. Not much, but it does help.

Can you point me in the direction of any of these Schemes, Thanks in Advance :D

badger
25-Oct-11, 15:56
Can you point me in the direction of any of these Schemes, Thanks in Advance :D

Think you'll find it's 10% and you need to ask your supplier as they don't advertise it (surprise !). Scottish Hydro call it energyplus care if that's any help. Or you can ask the group in Thurso who help with these bills as they'll tell you.
http://www.pentlandenergy.co.uk/

poppett
25-Oct-11, 18:41
It was Ormlie heat who came out to visit us 896524. Energy plus with SHE used to be 10% but last year they had so many on the scheme it was changed to 15%, but the clerkess I dealt with was very helpful and suggested we were being too careful trying to save money. Also on the SHE scheme you can apply once a year to upgrade an appliance either free of in the case of a fridgefreezer it cost 50 pounds, so well worth giving it a try Kodiak.