PDA

View Full Version : i'm back

dunderheed
16-Oct-06, 11:24
hi, all ,
well thats me back from my two week break to gran canaria.
what a holiday.it all started on the thursday night , when on the way down the m80 (around denny) the engine decided to chuck a turry murray and chuck a con-rod through the engine block. after a wee delay we were then towed to our overnight resting place (my maws). next morning after a quick visit to the local garage i was told it would need a new engine(i know nothing about cars). so we decided there and then to but the old dunder mobile to rest (free scrapping in ayrshire) and head to the local garages to see if we could buy a cheap runaround for getting home. after much perousing (all of 10 minutes) we left the garage the proud owners of a brand new(56 plate) hyundai amica . that night we spent in the ramada jarvis at glasgow airport(a wee word of warning here, if you reside there then be prepared to pay quiete a bit for a meal). then it was off to sunny maspalomas on the 7oclock flight.for the next two weeks it was then tempretures of the high 20's to mid 30's, it got that bad that we would start taking a wee siesta in the afternoons after the water polo match.
we all enjoyed it that much that we are now planning to save like crazy to try and afford to go again next year.

oh and if you ever get the chance to go to maspolomas the beach and sand dunes are amazing (even though there full of nudists)

Naefearjustbeer
16-Oct-06, 11:46
oh and if you ever get the chance to go to maspolomas the beach and sand dunes are amazing (even though there full of nudists)

You make it sound like nudists are a bad thing?

dunderheed
16-Oct-06, 11:52
not at all naefear, but when you've been sitting around the pool for two weeks , you dont half look as if you're wearing white shorts when you strip off, plus when your walking through the dunes and you stumble across them its quiete awkward for the kids (they have been brought up to not be embarrassed by the naked body , but they are that funny ages of 9 and 8)