PDA

View Full Version : Where has humanity gone?

porshiepoo
21-Oct-11, 12:56
I haven't included a link to the video as it's easily available anyway and it's pretty hard to watch. I watched it and it shows us what this world has to look forward to with humanity going to the dogs as every day goes by.

I cannot believe that not only did this toddler get run over twice but 18 pedestrians passed by and left her critically injured and bleeding on the road - a blinkin 2 year old!
It took a street scavanger to drag her to the side where it's safe and she's being hailed a hero BUT that same woman then walked off and didn't appear to do anything to further aid the child.
A lady then rushes out and picks the child up and gets her help.

I saw the footage of the mother when she was hopeful that the little girl would survive but sadly she died.

With all the atrocities going on around the world right now, this I find one of the hardest to stomach. An innocent baby run over by two vehicles (the second one did nothing to even swerve, the first one deliberately ran her over twice). the hit and run is hard enough to comprehend but the passers by who simply stop, look and carry on is ........well I'll get banned if I say what it is but it's bloody disgusting, inhumane and sad!

Rest in peace that innocent little angel.

teddybear1873
21-Oct-11, 17:49
I fully agree, but it doesn't surprise me one bit from that country. My best mate lives in Thailand and he has seen the same sort of thing but adults laying dead. Apparently if you go to someone's aid there you may be liable for the medical bill..........Strange but true.

annemarie482
21-Oct-11, 18:30
have also just seen this video......

feel sick to my stomach and have tears in my eyes,

life means nothing out there, this video proves that.

rogermellie
21-Oct-11, 19:48
i don't need to watch the video to know that human life means nothing in some corners of the world no matter the age

i can imagine how awful it is to watch, the anger, helplessness and sheer horror of seeing something like that happen.

that video will stay with you, so why watch it ? morbid curiosity ?

shazzap
21-Oct-11, 20:00
It was on the news. Disgusting.

rogermellie
21-Oct-11, 22:03
okay shazzap i take your point, but this story was in the news on Tuesday, i read about it in the newspaper.

i didn't then go off search for the video online as i knew it would upset me.

it sounds like annemarie has read porshie's thread (who also watched the clip online) and has then looked for the clip, knowing it will upset her.

i just don't understand that logic

annemarie482
21-Oct-11, 22:22
i saw the video recording on the channel 5 news today. (just to clarify)
certainly hope to never see it again.

rogermellie
21-Oct-11, 22:35
sorry annemarie, i wrongly assumed you looked it up.

this story was upsetting enough to read about, so god knows what it was like to watch.

it obviously took a few days for the video to get out, probably while it was being sold to news agencies, but i'm surprised at British tv news (even channel 5) showing the death of a toddler.

shazzap
21-Oct-11, 23:18
sorry annemarie, i wrongly assumed you looked it up.

this story was upsetting enough to read about, so god knows what it was like to watch.

it obviously took a few days for the video to get out, probably while it was being sold to news agencies, but i'm surprised at British tv news (even channel 5) showing the death of a toddler.

It seems anything goes. In this day and age. Not too long ago, an advert showing Tampax. Would have been an outrage.

21-Oct-11, 23:37
The OP's original thread title has been altered, removing the suggested "swearies".

oldmarine
22-Oct-11, 00:14
I fully agree, but it doesn't surprise me one bit from that country. My best mate lives in Thailand and he has seen the same sort of thing but adults laying dead. Apparently if you go to someone's aid there you may be liable for the medical bill..........Strange but true.
What was stated here about liability for medical bills is true in many places, but it would be very difficult for me to not want to help. Life has gotten very cheap an many places.

teddybear1873
22-Oct-11, 02:36
I myself seen it on the news, It is horrific enough watching it on tv rather than on the web. I remember back about 7 years ago for whatever dumb and stupid reason I watched Kenneth Bigley getting executed on the net. It churned my stomach and I had nightmares for days. I still to this day don't know the main reason of watching that sick video.

I now make sure that everything is blocked on the network so the kids aren't accessed to watching any of those videos on the web.

RecQuery
22-Oct-11, 12:38
Just to provide some context this happened in China. The main reason people don't help each other in China is because you have to pay for hospital care, and if you're the one who brought in an injured person, then people will automatically say you're the one who injured them because they don't have money to pay for it themselves. It's a "help someone and get screwed in the end by that same person" society. That could be a reason why no one helped, they're all afraid that they'll get blamed for it and end up having to pay, just for trying to help.

There's the infamous case in China where a man helped an old woman up after she fell, and she in turn accused him of pushing her and wanting compensation. They went to court, and the old woman won the case because according to the judge, "if you didn't push her, why did you help her up?"

Bazeye
22-Oct-11, 17:34
There's the infamous case in China where a man helped an old woman up after she fell, and she in turn accused him of pushing her and wanting compensation. They went to court, and the old woman won the case because according to the judge, "if you didn't push her, why did you help her up?"

That is just plain weird.

ducati
22-Oct-11, 18:53
This story broke because the Chinese authorities are attempting to introduce a Good Samaritan law making it compulsary to help a person found injured. Presumably they were equally sickened by this event

oldmarine
22-Oct-11, 19:00
Just to provide some context this happened in China. The main reason people don't help each other in China is because you have to pay for hospital care, and if you're the one who brought in an injured person, then people will automatically say you're the one who injured them because they don't have money to pay for it themselves. It's a "help someone and get screwed in the end by that same person" society. That could be a reason why no one helped, they're all afraid that they'll get blamed for it and end up having to pay, just for trying to help.

From my time spent in China at the end of WW2 I found this to be true. It's much different there than what we find in GB or the USA. Thank you for your post.

porshiepoo
23-Oct-11, 00:01
I myself seen it on the news, It is horrific enough watching it on tv rather than on the web. I remember back about 7 years ago for whatever dumb and stupid reason I watched Kenneth Bigley getting executed on the net. It churned my stomach and I had nightmares for days. I still to this day don't know the main reason of watching that sick video.

I now make sure that everything is blocked on the network so the kids aren't accessed to watching any of those videos on the web.

I did the same thing a few years ago teddybear. Nothing, no graphic warnings or anything could have prepared me for that video, I was sickened by it!
Over the years I've seen alot of human and animal cruelty videos and I can honestly say those images sent me into a deep depression. Eventually I learned to turn those images into a comic strip in my mind, not to trivialise those god awful scenes but to cope with what I'd seen. It was extremely hard to do because part of me felt I was doing some injustice to the victims that had to experience it and suffered through it! The real injustice though was me watching the Ken Bigley one in the first place - sad, sick & horiffic - may he rest in peace.
I now make a point of not watching any links/videos sent to me and I encourage my daughters not to either - though they're almost 21 now so have minds of their own.

This video of the toddler came about in a roundabout kind of way and I didn't realise the extent of the hit and run. I hadn't seen it on the news at all and the first I knew of it was a link!
I'm not happy that I watched it but I do think it needs to be seen to highlight just what the world is coming to.
I think it's so sad that a) a person would ignore a dying child due to a ridiculous law that could make them responsible for payment and b) that a concern for health costs would be the first thing to enter a persons head anyway.
How on earth does anyone walk past a dying baby and just leave her there in agony? It just doesn't compute! especially the cow that walked past with a child of her own in tow!!

Rogermellie: As I said above I did not look for this video. I hadn't even heard about it on TV, it simply popped up in the news on my home page about a little girl being hit by a van and tbh I thought she'd survived.

ducati
23-Oct-11, 00:44
I wish the plight of the many thousands of starving children in Kenya, Somalia and the rest of the horn of Africa could generate such sympathy, then maybe people wouldn't complain so much about aid.

sandyr1
23-Oct-11, 02:48

Yes this is very true....Those who stop to help can be held responsible...Some years ago in North America 'He/she who calls the Ambulance pays for same'........
And....for those of us in Emergency Services.....CPR.......
When performing CPR on a baby more than 2 fingered pressure can kill/ on an adult one can quite easily break ribs and do other Fatal Damage, whilst just trying to help.
It is a very fine line to assist or not to assist....what did save our skins was that as soon as an Emergency Worker steps in, they can then say they are 'On Duty' and any Civil Litigation can be transferred.
I saw people being left in the Street in London, England 40 years ago/ people are reluctant to do anythng and other just don't know what to do.
Just think....Someone shouts to you to call Nine Eleven....that is 911 in North America/ the UK 999.....
So the person who goes to the phone could not do it....'cause they could not find Eleven on the phone!
Personally I don't think we should be shouting too much about this.....This went Viral due to youtube....Happens all the time!

sandyr1
23-Oct-11, 02:51
I wish the plight of the many thousands of starving children in Kenya, Somalia and the rest of the horn of Africa could generate such sympathy, then maybe people wouldn't complain so much about aid.

Yes Mr. D...... so true...

Oh and by the way...Am in Southern Florida...Have rented a Kia Optima with a 7 speed Selectronic Tranny and 2 litre Turbo....Rocket time!

ducati
23-Oct-11, 07:26
Yes Mr. D...... so true...

Oh and by the way...Am in Southern Florida...Have rented a Kia Optima with a 7 speed Selectronic Tranny and 2 litre Turbo....Rocket time!

Nice..and a step up in build quality from American to Korean [lol]

RecQuery
23-Oct-11, 13:20

It's a pity we couldn't pay the money/send the aid directly to the people, town and villages or create some sort of microloan system with it. So much of it right now is lost to corruption or administration.

sandyr1
23-Oct-11, 19:03
Nice..and a step up in build quality from American to Korean [lol]

Yes I agree but you, cannot say that toooooo loudly when you are a guest... Right Olde Marine?

And the car...quality is great etc etc!

Rheghead
23-Oct-11, 21:30
This video sounds like the same one that was circulated about 5 years ago but the angle on it then was criticism of the one child per family policy of China. It transpired that it was a complete setup for the camera.

oldmarine
24-Oct-11, 02:45
Yes I agree but you, cannot say that toooooo loudly when you are a guest... Right Olde Marine?

And the car...quality is great etc etc!
Depends whether you are referring to North Korea or South Korea. There's a large difference between the two.

sandyr1
24-Oct-11, 13:14
South Korea!!
Hundai is reckoned to be the highest selling car in the United staes now/ beat Honda and Toyota