PDA

View Full Version : What makes you smile? Make it happy and joyfull.

teddybear1873
21-Oct-11, 10:30
For me this time of year, I am glad this hot sticky summer is over. Halloween not far off, most neighbours going nuts decorating their houses with spooky decorations. Xmas round the corner and for the first time in many years, I've started to buy xmas presents.

If all goes well, spending a few days in the Smoky Mountains in December.

Heading to see my family in Caithness for the first time in 3 years.

I can understand this time of year with xmas round the corner it can be the opposite for a lot of people, but I love it.

balto
21-Oct-11, 10:44
oh im with you teddybear, i love christmas, the kids are getting so excited already, santa lists are written, plus i have bought them their main presents. Added bonus this year after 18 years my oh and i have decided to get married on xmas eve so busy time coming up.

weezer 316
21-Oct-11, 12:48
Im the exact opposite, I hate xmas! Used to dread it as a child becuase we were so poor I would be getting slagged for months afterwards for not getting anything decent for xmas! Much prefered the summer, outside, and the sunshine. Although there is definetly something to be said for winter nights in front of the fire!

pat
21-Oct-11, 13:52
Agree with Weezer I definitely do not like Christmas and New Year at all.
Seen too often the end results - folk in debt they have not much hope of clearing and terrified to tell their partner/family, family disagreements caused by things said/done whilst under the influence, the fights and assaults.
Then after "The Happy Festive Time" there is back to reality - the huge debts, the depression.

Spent too many years working in hospitals dealing with the results of "The Happy Festive Time", both in general hospitals and psychiatric hospitals tpo believe it brings happiness to many but the very young.

Maccy
21-Oct-11, 13:56
For me it's the fact that the Mother in law does not like driving in the dark, so she doesn't come to see us in the winter.

shazzap
21-Oct-11, 13:58
Your right pat. It is for the very young. I myself don't like either, for reasons most know. I for the life of me, can't think of much, that has made me smile recently. or for that matter, in a long time. Negative i know.

cuddlepop
21-Oct-11, 14:08
What makes me smile is my cheeky wee granddaughter hiding her crayons when its time to put them back.
My nephew smiling at me even if its only baby wind.
The dogs playing "tag" especially in the snow.

Life to short to be "unsmiley", even if your miserable smile and see the different reaction you get from life.:D

golach
21-Oct-11, 14:42
What made me smile today for a long time, was my adopted Grandson, laughing his head off at me being daft on the phone with him, and shouting I love you Grandad as we finished our phonecall

Kenn
21-Oct-11, 15:15
I smile at the antics of the birds on the feeders, joy in the glorious light and the huge rainbow skies, delight that each day brings a new experience, get lost in the notes of a piece of music or the written word, laugh at the silly little things that make life worth while and treasure the warmth and genorousity of friends and family that I share a little of life with.

Dadie
21-Oct-11, 15:23
Having to go round tescos with a little monkey and a tiger.....
After the big sister had a fancy dress party to go to...the wee ones were not going to be left out and dressed up too....I got some funny looks and the kids were happy...but I got the shopping done.

Birons
21-Oct-11, 16:40
Customers, lots of them and often.

pat
21-Oct-11, 18:51
I like walking on the beach with the dogs or walking amongst the leaves in autumn, kicking the leaves as I go.

Birons - hope you do get lots and lots of customers who spend lots and lots of money.

teddybear1873
21-Oct-11, 19:06
Love sitting out in the back garden early in the morning, with my cup of brew. Often I will see eagle's hovering above the tree's waiting to see what grub they can pounce on. Great site to see.

oldmarine
22-Oct-11, 00:41
For me this time of year, I am glad this hot sticky summer is over. Halloween not far off, most neighbours going nuts decorating their houses with spooky decorations. Xmas round the corner and for the first time in many years, I've started to buy xmas presents.

If all goes well, spending a few days in the Smoky Mountains in December.

Heading to see my family in Caithness for the first time in 3 years.

I can understand this time of year with xmas round the corner it can be the opposite for a lot of people, but I love it.
Have an enjoyable time with your family in Caithness.