PDA

View Full Version : Lybian Spring and my idea for helping to boost their economy

ducati
21-Oct-11, 07:41
Now, once it is safer, how about revolutionary tourism.

Is there anyone here who doesn't want to have a go at shooting a 20mm quad cannon or an F16 rocket pod from the back of a Toyota Hilux? :cool:

theone
21-Oct-11, 07:52
I think the investments in their oil by British and French based companies (amongst others) will be more than enough to give them a boost.

I like your idea though.

bekisman
21-Oct-11, 08:12
I think the investments in their oil by British and French based companies (amongst others) will be more than enough to give them a boost.

I like your idea though.Pity about the Russians and Chinese - but they had their chance..

oldmarine
22-Oct-11, 00:18
I still worry about some elements in Lybia taking over the country.

spurtle
22-Oct-11, 11:36
Just to point out Lybia is a very different meaning to Libya.

weezer 316
22-Oct-11, 12:09
I once heard a man who I used to work with say Libya could have been the Norway of Africa. If that doesnt make Gaddafi a war criminal then nothing does!

I suppose it still could yet be the norway of Africa if it plays its cards right

secrets in symmetry
22-Oct-11, 13:25
I once heard a man who I used to work with say Libya could have been the Norway of Africa. If that doesnt make Gaddafi a war criminal then nothing does!

I suppose it still could yet be the norway of Africa if it plays its cards rightHow? Libya doesn't have fjords....

joxville
22-Oct-11, 13:59
How? Libya doesn't have fjords....

With the money they'll get from oil then I'm sure they could affjiord to build some. [lol]

I'll get my coat...

weezer 316
22-Oct-11, 14:43
With the money they'll get from oil then I'm sure they could affjiord to build some. [lol]

I'll get my coat...

I already got your coat here waiting for you haha!

secrets in symmetry
22-Oct-11, 16:02
Does anyone have Slartibartfast's phone number? I recall him being particularly proud of what he did for Norway - perhaps he'd like to have another go in the Med.

bekisman
22-Oct-11, 17:16
Does anyone have Slartibartfast's phone number? I recall him being particularly proud of what he did for Norway - perhaps he'd like to have another go in the Med.
Eh? he's a fictional character silly!

theone
22-Oct-11, 18:13

Surely it would be war crimes that would make him a war criminal......... ;)

oldmarine
22-Oct-11, 19:20
It's not over in Lybia yet. Wait until the new regine takes over and I'm certain it will get worse for the Western world including GB and the USA.

John Little
22-Oct-11, 20:27
Libya is a very rich country indeed - if they can use the billions stashed away by Gadaffi.

And the new government will be very well disposed to the west.

Rheghead
22-Oct-11, 20:54
The NTC should try http://www.mylostaccount.org.uk and enter Muammar Gaddafi in the search engine.

weezer 316
22-Oct-11, 21:33
It's not over in Lybia yet. Wait until the new regine takes over and I'm certain it will get worse for the Western world including GB and the USA.

Marine why does it matter about the western world? Dont you think these people deserve to decide who runs their affairs?

This us and them mentality in the west is what causes divisions in the world, not the rebels.

oldmarine
23-Oct-11, 01:31
Marine why does it matter about the western world? Dont you think these people deserve to decide who runs their affairs?

This us and them mentality in the west is what causes divisions in the world, not the rebels.
It depends on whom takes over. There are people whom are hostile to GB and the USA. If they take over this government, look for more problems ahead for all of us. If that's what you want, that's what you will get. I'm surprise that's what you want.

secrets in symmetry
23-Oct-11, 13:43
Just to point out Lybia is a very different meaning to Libya.Can you enlighten us?

I have never come across the word Lybia....

Edited to add:

I found it! Lybia (http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=lybia&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCwQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FLybia&ei=IwykTv2jNZCo8QOA7vjHBQ&usg=AFQjCNFTYNH-WsBTNkvm_SsB8wRUZbhwnQ&cad=rja)

Interesting. :cool:

oldmarine
24-Oct-11, 02:40
It depends on whom takes over. There are people whom are hostile to GB and the USA. If they take over this government, look for more problems ahead for all of us. If that's what you want, that's what you will get. I'm surprise that's what you want.
What I was concerned about happened. The new leader has declared Lybia an Islamic state with Sharia law. That will make them very unfriendly with GB and the USA unless those two countries are willing to use Sharia law.

Aaldtimer
24-Oct-11, 03:07
What I was concerned about happened. The new leader has declared Lybia an Islamic state with Sharia law. That will make them very unfriendly with GB and the USA unless those two countries are willing to use Sharia law.

I don't know where you are getting your info from Oldmarine, but there is no new leader.

Democratic elections are scheduled for next June to decide the way forward for a Democratic Libya.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-15422262

Perhaps Fox News is mischief making?:confused

secrets in symmetry
24-Oct-11, 17:14
Perhaps Fox News is mischief making?:confusedThat's what I was going to say, but you got there first.

I'm not sure why Fox would want to do that at this very moment. Any ideas?

weezer 316
24-Oct-11, 17:28

What!?!?! Pure and utter lies. I suggest you seek alternative info sources, as opposed to conservapedia.

Also, Im sure Saudi law is based on sharia. They are very unfriendly with the US arent they?

Aaldtimer
24-Oct-11, 17:38
That's what I was going to say, but you got there first.

I'm not sure why Fox would want to do that at this very moment. Any ideas?

Actually it was just a guess in the wee sma' 'oors s i s...but have since found this article in which they twist Mr Jalil's words. http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/10/23/calls-for-investigation-as-autopsy-reveals-qaddafi-died-from-gunshot-to-head/?intcmp=trending :roll:

John Little
24-Oct-11, 17:49
Nothing wrong with Sharia law - it depends entirely on how it is interpreted and by whom, and with what motives.

For a leader to say this in an Islamic country is a bit like one of our lot saying that they believe in 'Democracy'.

The reason he's said it is not because he's some sort of fanatic but because it's a unifying slogan that everyone can say 'Yay!' to and that's all.