PDA

View Full Version : Has your Amazon Kindle gone wonky?

Rheghead
20-Oct-11, 14:48
Mrs Rheggy is on her third Kindle in 12 months due to the same problem where the screen looks as if ink is running all over and then eventually goes blank. Has anyone else had this fault or has she just been unlucky? cheers.

We can't fault Amazon's customer care though, they replaced the Kindle in 24 hours each time, yes, it must be the fastest delivery in Caithness' history?

NickInTheNorth
20-Oct-11, 14:51
Jill has had hers since last Christmas and no problems so far, but good to hear they have replaced it quickly when you have had a problem.

Dialyser
20-Oct-11, 15:11
My wife has had hers for about 18 months now with no problems. Sounds like you have been unlucky, but does seem strange to keep having the same fault on different kindles.

nicnak
20-Oct-11, 16:37
hi i have had my kindle since march of this year and had no probs, out of curiosity is your wife keeping her kindle in a cover with a magnetc fastener? as i have heard these can cause problems with screens

gerry4
20-Oct-11, 16:40
one reason i have not bought the Kindle, is how can we share books between my wife and I without having 2? Then once read pass the book on.

TudorRose
20-Oct-11, 18:41
Hi, I'm on my second Kindle. My first one bought last September developed the 'dreaded crack' in the casing in February and was returned. My second Kindle is fine, despite heavy usage. Hubbies and daughters Kindles are both fine, no problems. Going on what I've read on the Kindle Forum, it just seems to one of those things, whether your Kindle goes faulty, there are a few people who seem to have had a few Kindles, through various faults. As you say Kindle Customer Services are very good, when things go wrong. I hope your wife gets 'lucky' with her latest Kindle. :)

Kodiak
20-Oct-11, 20:00
I donr use Kindle any more as I stopped using it when I got rid of my Coal Fire 30 Years ago. [lol]