PDA

View Full Version : Somewhere in Auckengill

veekay
19-Oct-11, 18:51
.. but I suspect it would be nearer the Orkney Islands, is a flag. This flag was lost by LE JOG walker Peter yesterday it has been with him and his dog Henry since they started out in May on henryandpetesverylongwalk to raise money for and the profile of hounds for heroes. If by any miracle anyone in Auckengill finds a flag with Hounds for Heroes/ John O Groats or Bark flag can they let me know and I will get it back to them.

Many thanks

www.henryandpetesverylongwalk.com

Kodiak
19-Oct-11, 18:54
That is a sahme, :( I Really hope that someone fonds it and that he gets it back. :D

carasmam
19-Oct-11, 20:58
What colour is it Veekay - will keep an eye out in case it's stuck on a fence somewhere

orkneycadian
19-Oct-11, 22:48
If ever there was a reason to call out CASST dogs, then this must surely be it! Helping out folk raising money for a doggy charity associated with the emergency services! A piece of cloth that smells of spaniel must surely be an easy find for them!

veekay
20-Oct-11, 09:46
Pale blue Carasmam but I think it might just be an impossible task. Thanks for the kind thought anyway

Manxman
20-Oct-11, 11:51
Somebody put in a reasonable if somewhat unusual request and you, orkneycadian have to make such a ridiculous statement in, what comes across to me, a very vindictive tone. What's rocked your boat this time? If you can't say something nice why bother saying anything at all.

Mad1man
20-Oct-11, 13:55
Shame about the flag, hope it turns up safely. Will keep my eyes peeled on my way to Wick today.

Orkneycadian why the change of subject to veekay's other interests? Is it meant to be humour or a wind up? If it is humour I don't get it, if it is a wind up please don't it just looks petty.

Iffy
20-Oct-11, 14:54
Orkneycadian why the change of subject to veekay's other interests? Is it meant to be humour or a wind up? If it is humour I don't get it, if it is a wind up please don't it just looks petty.

Has no one "got" it yet ? Orkneycadian's ignorant diatribe is just because he/she wants make a fool of people [evil][evil] on here and will do anything he/she can, at all possible, to laugh/make fun of Caithness folks ! I, amongst others on this forum, have learnt to totally ignore "their" ignorant/stupid/childish/laughable and upsetting (utterly disgusting!!) comments !

Anyways, back to "sincere/caring folks" on here; I really hope you manage to find the flag, and I will ask anyone travelling said route, to keep an eye out for same. :)

( I just have to add that the utter ignorance of "Orkneycadian" knows no bound !)

George Brims
20-Oct-11, 21:26
I don't understand the reaction to Orknecadian's remarks. Surely tracking down the flag might be a useful training exercise for the CASST dogs? What am I missing? Clearly there's some background here I don't know.

Duncansby
20-Oct-11, 21:42
Och I think some folk just take themselves to seriously and could do with getting of their high horses. I for one enjoy Orkneycadian's banter.

secrets in symmetry
20-Oct-11, 22:27
Has no one "got" it yet ? Orkneycadian's ignorant diatribe is just because he/she wants make a fool of people [evil][evil] on here and will do anything he/she can, at all possible, to laugh/make fun of Caithness folks ! I, amongst others on this forum, have learnt to totally ignore "their" ignorant/stupid/childish/laughable and upsetting (utterly disgusting!!) comments !

Anyways, back to "sincere/caring folks" on here; I really hope you manage to find the flag, and I will ask anyone travelling said route, to keep an eye out for same. :)

( I just have to add that the utter ignorance of "Orkneycadian" knows no bound !)Lol!

Come on CASST, get your dogs out and find the poor mannie's flag!

Fran
21-Oct-11, 03:32
Hope I havent missed Peter and his dog, I have been looking out for them. I am on the John O groats road a lot and i did see a flag caught on something on my travels but cant think where it was, it was in the area of auckengill. i will keep my eyes open tomorrow when I go to John o Groats, but I definetly did see it.

secrets in symmetry
21-Oct-11, 21:42
Has the flag been found?

Feeona
23-Oct-11, 12:13
The flag has been found!! My dad found it. If you pm me with details on how to get it back to you.

secrets in symmetry
23-Oct-11, 13:40
That's great news. Where was the flag?

Henry told me next time Pete suggests a long walk, he will run and hide - for a month if necessary!

pat
23-Oct-11, 15:42
Congratulations all of you for finding the flag - hope it is reunited with the Peter and Henry soon.