PDA

View Full Version : Strange things happening

dozy
15-Oct-06, 18:42
Has anyone been along the Janestown to Hill of Forss road lately .Theres a strange green building gone up .I thinks its supposed to be a Portal farm building but now its an industrial site and traveller's park all rolled into one with caravans and porta-loos .Industrial machinery and materials everyware . The place is like the worst building site you could think off.I feel sorry for the folks that have built or who are building houses around there .The place is a SKIP -TIP it looks like the fly tippers have been working round the clock on this one ..and its all within view of a local Councillers house...Its nice to know that some councillers dont mind it in their back garden ....I thinks its time for some Councillers to resign if this is the state and type of thing thats allowed to go on .They have the cheek to fine folk for not putting the right rubbish in the right bin ....Come off it ....

motopitcrew
15-Oct-06, 19:37
the green building belongs to D Mackay and is a store for his creals. dont realy know what the caravans are for but thair was a lot of hydro electric vans thair the other day

hobbes1962
15-Oct-06, 20:12
I think the caravans have come from the caravan site on Smith Terrace and are possibly stored there for the winter.

Lavenderblue2
15-Oct-06, 20:23
The caravans and all the machinery etc are supposed to be temporary - they are the living quarters for the Hydro workmen – apparently they’re putting up new poles and lines in the area.

I sincerely hope that at the end of it it'll be all cleared away without trace - I agree it looks a total mess. :(

LB (Local resident)

highlander
15-Oct-06, 20:26
That strange green building has been there for at least two years, and it is not a travelers caravan park, or storage park for caravans, the place looks like a buliders yard, for the simple reason its the scottish power contractors who live there, while the power lines in the area is being refurbished, there are skips for scrap and its not an eyesore, as far as building sites go, it is all well organised and legal, so that is putting the right story across.

dozy
16-Oct-06, 11:56
The problem is when the law only applies to cetain people and others get to do as they please .
If it is a STORE with some hard standing for vehicles ,thats fair enough.The problem is that its NOT being used as a STORE .EXAMPLE...If as a homeowner you to put a caravan at your home connect it the the grid and have water and sewage and took rent for it standing there ,you would need planning consent and no doubt pay extra Council tax .The Electricity Company knew they were doing the lines .but instead of arranging B&B locally (which would help the local economy) they have stuck a row off caravans at the STORE .This structure is NOT an industrial building and is NOT an caravan site and therefore (it seems )does NOT have the relative permission .Thats whats the thread is about .There are rules put in place to protect the public and environment .
If the site being used does not have the PROPER premission its the Tax payer thats being cheated and that means the Poll Tax or Community Tax whatever you call it . Someone out there is more than happy to make money at your expence,and if your happy with that ..FINE ...

Max
16-Oct-06, 13:17
Och what rubbish! The Hydro electric people are on site where they are doing the work - they are improving the current system in the area. They work very hard, are very friendly and as far as I am aware none of the local residents have a problem with it. They won't be there for long. As a tax payer there are plenty of things that I pay for that I could moan about, however, this is not one of them! I am sure the local economy is getting some benefit from them staying up here anyway!

dozy
16-Oct-06, 15:21
Rubbish i hear you say and theres plenty of others things to moan about . Funny thing is that its alway the ones who have things it common that jump to their defence .I see that you seem to know alot about the contractors and thats fine .The contractors can be the salt of the earth .BUT thats not what the treads about ... Its about MONEY..PLANNING ,RULES and the LAW....I think l'll just leave it there if you dont mind ...you WIN .....
Bad men get rich when good men stand back and say nothing or is it
Evil men prosper ,when good men stand in silence..Which one are you ???

highlander
16-Oct-06, 16:12
I think i will let the facts speak for its self

http://195.173.143.171/minutes/areas/caithness/planning/minutes/caith_pl_mins_2005/caith_pl_mins_050411.htm

http://www.highland.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/197C3F72-48F3-492C-B269-90E82DCBDDCC/0/planning060512.pdf

pedromcgrory
16-Oct-06, 18:05
the green building belongs to D Mackay and is a store for his creals. dont realy know what the caravans are for but thair was a lot of hydro electric vans thair the other day

nothing to do we campbells caravans , across from smith terrace as he has done every year since opened, stored at same place ,as other people stated its workmen etc