PDA

View Full Version : Farepak hamper gone bust

Woolie
15-Oct-06, 17:54
Anyone elese heard this it was in the sunday paper today , but their website was still working today was wondering if anyone knew what was going on, luckly I am with park but feel for all those who r with farepak losing all there xmas savings.

Murchiemannie
15-Oct-06, 19:05
read about this about three months ago, that they were in serious trouble.
Thought it was the one my pal has been with for years but she says "she's with Park"
shame for all the folk who have been pumping cash at them every month.....

connieb19
15-Oct-06, 19:22
Didn't one of these hamper firms go bust last Christmas? I had some choice vouchers, I received as a present from someone and couldn't use them. :(

hobbes1962
15-Oct-06, 20:21
No Connieb19, that was Choice vouchers that went bust. I got all mine returned through Family Hampers as that was who I'd bought them from in the first place and got a refund.

quality
16-Oct-06, 16:08
Hi,

Just foud this if anyone is intrested,

http://www.farepak.co.uk

Quality

Edit by Admin : WARNING the page linked to here tries to install a toolbar, make sure you have spyware defence before you visit this site.

wild1
17-Oct-06, 10:31
I think this is shocking especially at this time of the year where people are waiting for their vouchers or gifts me and my mates have well over £1000 pounds in vouchers, I just hope that everyone gets their money back but I'm sure thats going to take a long time.

henry20
17-Oct-06, 12:15
I feel sorry for everyone that will lose out because Christmas is such an expensive time of year. :(

cuddlepop
17-Oct-06, 14:02
Its always terrible when something like this happens but for it to happen so near to christmas, It'll almost be impossible for some families to get replacement gifts etc.[disgust]

Tosh
17-Oct-06, 19:10
Just back from a family holiday, got a call from my sister who is an agent for them she had 3 family members saving for xmas as well as a friend we all lost £400 each. Had to explain to kids that they want get much this year, luckily there a little older now and understand. Would not of gone on holiday if I knew a while ago what was happening to them, will just have to get on with things and make the best of what we have got.