PDA

View Full Version : Get My Mobile Phone Blocked to Sales Calls

crichton
18-Oct-11, 18:50
Hi,
can anyone point me in the right direction to get my mobile phone blocked to sales call. Someone gave them my no in error and am being plagued with offers of loans!

Crichton

ducati
18-Oct-11, 21:06
Hi,
can anyone point me in the right direction to get my mobile phone blocked to sales call. Someone gave them my no in error and am being plagued with offers of loans!

Crichton

Try leaving your 'phone in a bucket of water for a week or two. That ought to do it.:eek:

crichton
18-Oct-11, 21:33
LoL, can you recommend what size of bucket I should use!

ducati
18-Oct-11, 21:37
LoL, can you recommend what size of bucket I should use!

It doesn't really matter but don't let it freeze or you won't get it out again! :lol:

Koi
19-Oct-11, 10:32
Hi,

Crichton

Think you can block withheld numbers but not sure about the companies you are referring from.
The best thing is properly to change your number. Easy to do if you are on pay as you go and if your are on contract get in touch with your provider.

RecQuery
19-Oct-11, 11:43
You can register your mobile with the telephone preference service (http://www.tpsonline.org.uk). If anyone does get through just politely ask to be removed. If you still get calls you can report them. Finally just be careful about any forms you complete and boxes you tick. I've had the same mobile number for about 12 years (since my 3rd year of high school) and very rarely get any unsolicited call, I get slightly more unsolicited text messages but those are usually from my carrier/network operator.

Failing that, if you have a smartphone there are some applications that can blacklist calls.

poppett
19-Oct-11, 13:05
I just tell the caller I bought the phone at a car boot sale for a child to use in emergencies only. Never had any 2nd calls yet.