PDA

View Full Version : What do you HAVE to do?

poppett
15-Oct-11, 23:29
Last week I was informed in quite a snide manner during a phone call that "you HAVE to * * "

I made the observation "The only thing I HAVE to do is give my name, address and date of birth to an on duty policeperson if asked"

Anything else I can choose to do, although some decisions come with consequences...(i.e. if I don`t pay my utilities they get cut off)

Just curious to find out what you HAVE to do?

shazzap
15-Oct-11, 23:38
Last week I was informed in quite a snide manner during a phone call that "you HAVE to * * "

I made the observation "The only thing I HAVE to do is give my name, address and date of birth to an on duty policeperson if asked"

Anything else I can choose to do, although some decisions come with consequences...(i.e. if I don`t pay my utilities they get cut off)

Just curious to find out what you HAVE to do?

A bit confused here, Poppett. Have to do, in regards, to what.

poppett
15-Oct-11, 23:42
Let`s just say it was something I didn`t want to do, but was told by someone in an office I would HAVE to do it (as nobody else would). Does that help?

secrets in symmetry
15-Oct-11, 23:49
I have to go for a pee. Honestly, I really have to....

shazzap
15-Oct-11, 23:52
Let`s just say it was something I didn`t want to do, but was told by someone in an office I would HAVE to do it (as nobody else would). Does that help?

Only you, can answer that one then.

Dadie
15-Oct-11, 23:58
I have to clear out toys and wait for the washing machine to finish before going out....
As I am doing a boot sale tommorrow ....but apart from feeding everyone and changing those in nappies when they smell bad or have a hinging nappy I dont have to do anything(doesnt mean to say that I dont do other stuff) .
Like play with the kids and do housework...pay bills etc...

Kells
16-Oct-11, 00:19
I have to clear out toys and wait for the washing machine to finish before going out....
As I am doing a boot sale tommorrow ....but apart from feeding everyone and changing those in nappies when they smell bad or have a hinging nappy I dont have to do anything(doesnt mean to say that I dont do other stuff) .
Like play with the kids and do housework...pay bills etc...

What time is the boot sale on tomorrow?

Beat Bug
16-Oct-11, 00:21
The only thing anyone who was ever born HAS to do is die. It's the only certainty in life.

Dadie
16-Oct-11, 00:35
As asked....2pm at Watten hall
for the carboot sale im doing..and all the soft toys I will have there will be washed in non bio and comfort fabric softener...but might need a day airing at this rate..

Kells
16-Oct-11, 01:58
As asked....2pm at Watten hall
for the carboot sale im doing..and all the soft toys I will have there will be washed in non bio and comfort fabric softener...but might need a day airing at this rate..
Thanks Dadie I had forgotten the time.

Torvaig
16-Oct-11, 09:39
Poppett, the way this thread is going, I just have to laugh! Have a good day.....

sids
16-Oct-11, 19:53
I have to go for a pee. Honestly, I really have to....

Go dam bustin.

http://images.worldgallery.co.uk/i/prints/rw/lg/1/0/Simon-Atack-Dam-Busters-setting-off-105839.jpg

Go dam bustin' furra pee!

David Banks
17-Oct-11, 17:28

If the comment was by a supervisor and the activity could reasonably be considered as part of your work - and if it was a one-shot-deal, personally I would probably do it.

If this was something that I would be "lumbered with" doing all the time, then I would ask about who had done it in the past -- and "why me, now?"

It's kinda hard to say much more without knowing more details, but I can understand why you cannot say more.

The phrase in North America that really gets up my nose is "you won't want to miss" . . "whatever!" Grrrrrrrrrr.

mi16
17-Oct-11, 18:26
The only thing anyone who was ever born HAS to do is die. It's the only certainty in life.
Totally wrong.

I HAVE to blink, that is a certainty

secrets in symmetry
17-Oct-11, 23:26
Totally wrong.

I HAVE to blink, that is a certaintyAs is going for a pee....

mi16
18-Oct-11, 13:07
Would you still need to pee if you refrained form eating and drinking though?