PDA

View Full Version : Thieft!!!!

highlander
27-Nov-04, 22:29
Bill i was so sorry to read that your house was broken into, maybe taking back the stocks and being tied up, so we can throw rotten eggs, along with other punishment would sort out these morons, who only give us grief, it seems naming and shaming does not seem to bother these people, but let them take the public punishment might!

gravedigga
27-Nov-04, 22:35
Naming them only seems to make them think they're more notorious!! :mad:

I won't name names. . . . . . .

Definately think we need more police on foot patrol though instead of sitting in there new station.

JAWS
28-Nov-04, 00:08
Sorry about the break-in Bill, hope they didn't get anything which can't be replaced.

Crime is a Community concern and not just that of the police. Why wait for the police to "do something"? There must be people out there who are not involved but have a good idea about who, what or where. Why not phone the police and say what you suspect. That way they might just build up enough information to put a stop to it.

No Vigilantes, no Naming and Shaming, just good, helpful, decent Citizenship.

The longer it is allowed to go unchecked the worse it will become and the harder it will be to eradicate. Once they think they can "get away with it" more and more will start doing it. Make sure it stops before that happens.

MadPict
28-Nov-04, 01:15
Bring back the birch. In fact slap the little so-and-so's in the stocks, give them a damn good thrashing and leave them in the stocks for a whole day. I know, even better, stick the stocks on the roundabout at the end of Bridge Street. The humilation of being in there, trousers around their ankles, would surely sort them out..... [lol]

Fran
28-Nov-04, 04:00
:( In Singapore criminals of any kind are flogged in the "town square". This is why there is not much crime there.

girnigoe
28-Nov-04, 04:38
:~( what is the world coming to?

JAWS
28-Nov-04, 11:22
I didn't know Al Capone was alive and well and running Wick. Girnigoe, are you suggesting that everybody is so scared of them that they are untouchable?

Seabird
28-Nov-04, 19:21
Sorry to hear about the break in Bill, it seems someone was well informed of your movements and that on this occasion the house would be empty.
After such an event your house never feels save ever again.
I hope justice catches up with this/ these sorry excuses for humanity.

Colin

The Godfather
28-Nov-04, 20:35
These burgalars couldnt be that stupid if they knew that their local councillor would be in Inverness representing them and his house would be full of computor equipment from presenting their county to the world.

The Angel Of Death
29-Nov-04, 15:52
I didn't know Al Capone was alive and well and running Wick. Girnigoe, are you suggesting that everybody is so scared of them that they are untouchable?

Its not a case of being scared of them Jaws they way it goes is that if you "grass" them up your doors windows car house garage cat etc are next and with the price of car and house insurance i know i am one who isnt wanting to take that risk

The police know its a certain band of "individuals" but cant / wont do anything about it and the general public who have put a lot of time and effort into creating there home car etc dont want to run the risk of them getting damaged etc

The more you go against them the worse it is

Not that long ago we had a crime week thingie where there was lots of police on the go doing the rounds in wick why did this stop i thought it was a very good idea and would go along way to stopping this type of activities taking place

JAWS
29-Nov-04, 19:08
The implication was made that the Police did nothing because they were afraid. However, that seems to have disappeared.

House and Vehicle Insurance in Caithness is amongst the lowest in the whole of Britain. It won't stay that way for long!

Allow the thugs to run riot and suffer the consequences.

"All it takes for Evil to prevail is that Good Men do nothing!" Edmund Burke.

mareng
29-Nov-04, 20:40
Bill i was so sorry to read that your house was broken into, maybe taking back the stocks and being tied up, so we can throw rotten eggs, along with other punishment would sort out these morons, who only give us grief, it seems naming and shaming does not seem to bother these people, but let them take the public punishment might!

What exactly is "thieft"?

annlyn
29-Nov-04, 22:02
SO SORRY TO HEAR THAT YOU HOUSE WAS BROKEN INTO ON FRIDAY.IT IS SHAMEFUL THAT YOU CAN,T HAVE A DAY OUT ,ON BUSINESS FOR FEAR OF BEING BROKEN INTO.STRANGE THAT THE NEIGHBOURS WERE ALSO AWAY.SEEM TO BE SOMEONE THAT KNEW THE SCORE.HOPE THEY GET THE CULPRETS AS WE KNOW HOW YOU FEEL AS WE WENT THROUGH IT THIS TIME LAST YEAR AND LOST A LOT OF THINGS THAT COULD NOT BE REPLACED.

highlander
29-Nov-04, 22:29
Yes mareng i can see now that my spelling is questionable, but at least my thoughts were sincere to bill

Lucy
29-Nov-04, 23:21
I know its a bit like shutting the door after the horse has bolted, but after after having property damaged i got my husband to put install a camera at our house. I then told the whole neighbourhood about it (especially those i suspected). Lo and behold i have not had any bother since then. Even if i did have anything happen i at least have something to show the police with the time recorded for them to at least give them a bit of info to look into.

The whole istallation cost aroung £120 and any-one who steps off the pavement onto our property is caught on video tape. It is worth the cost for peace of mind and any-one who has a right to be there has nothing to fear.

I was upset at having to do this especially in Caithness as i always felt quite secure but at least i feel that i can help if something does happen to us again.

Kenn
29-Nov-04, 23:23
Sorry to hear the bad news Bill..trust you and the wife are all right. there is nothing worse than having your home trespassed. Thoughts with you