PDA

View Full Version : Spoiled for choice?

DrSzin
14-Oct-06, 17:55
I need to nip out to the supermarket to buy something for dinner tonight, but I'm putting it off because I can't decide where to go. Should it be ASDA, M&S Foodstore, Sainsbury's, Tesco or Waitrose? (I don't like Morrisons, I don't know where my nearest Co-op or Somerfield are - and I wouldn't go to either of them anyway; one Lidl has nowhere to park and the other's car park is a no-go area, so I don't go to them either.)

There's nowhere to park at M&S but I could park on the roof at Waitrose and walk from there. But I'd look a bit suspicious pushing a laden M&S trolley along the street, so that's a bit of a non-starter too.

I need help. Where should I go?

henry20
14-Oct-06, 17:57
out to a restaurant? saves the confusion :lol:

_Ju_
14-Oct-06, 18:07
You forgot the local chippie for a deep fried pizza, accompanied with chips, cola (or lagar if it's a special night for you and Mrs Szin), and a desert of deep fried mars bars (or another deep fried chocolate of your choice, if your chippie offers it. Please don't forget your 5-a-day....;)

golach
14-Oct-06, 18:12
I need to nip out to the supermarket to buy something for dinner tonight, but I'm putting it off because I can't decide where to go. Should it be ASDA, M&S Foodstore, Sainsbury's, Tesco or Waitrose? (I don't like Morrisons, I don't know where my nearest Co-op or Somerfield are - and I wouldn't go to either of them anyway; one Lidl has nowhere to park and the other's car park is a no-go area, so I don't go to them either.)

There's nowhere to park at M&S but I could park on the roof at Waitrose and walk from there. But I'd look a bit suspicious pushing a laden M&S trolley along the street, so that's a bit of a non-starter too.

I need help. Where should I go?
Sit on your bum Doc...............send Mrs Szin instead, wifies are good at that kind of thing....and they like that sort of thing [lol]

_Ju_
14-Oct-06, 18:21
Sit on your bum Doc...............send Mrs Szin instead, wifies are good at that kind of thing....and they like that sort of thing

[lol] to use your own words the wifie's are good at shopping and such and the hubbies at sitting on their bum's....? Now if that isn't the God's honest truth!!!! ROFLMHO![lol]

DrSzin
14-Oct-06, 18:33
I could go to a restaurant. But which one? :lol:

The local chippie is awful.

MrsS is away, and she didn't do the usual weekly internet shop at Tesco - that's why I have to get off my bum and go shopping myself.

I think I'll go to Sainsbury's and get some nectar points. :roll:

golach
14-Oct-06, 18:37
I could go to a restaurant. But which one? :lol:

The local chippie is awful.

MrsS is away, and she didn't do the usual weekly internet shop at Tesco - that's why I have to get off my bum and go shopping myself.

I think I'll go to Sainbury's and get some nectar points. :roll:
Asda are stocking a nice new Real Ale Doc, Adnams Broadside, its on my reccomended list

changilass
14-Oct-06, 18:38
Doc get the phone book out and get a takeaway, save you going out:lol:

DrSzin
14-Oct-06, 20:56
Thanks to all for the advice. ;)

Sainsbury's is a great place to shop between 7 and 8 on a Saturday night - it's dead quiet but the shelves are full.

They have a 12-year-old Old Pulteney on sale at £19.45, and I have a large glass sitting beside me right now - the first I've had for years. Next to it is a pint of Fuller's London Pride, a favourite tipple from student days in suvvern Englandshire. When the wife's away the Szin will play. :roll:

S'pose I'd better get something to eat before I fall over. Yeah, I know I should be out on the town with my mates, but I'm just enjoying the peace and quiet to be honest.

Kingetter
14-Oct-06, 21:01
Good for you - enjoy!

golach
14-Oct-06, 21:02
Thanks to all for the advice. ;)
S'pose I'd better get something to eat before I fall over. Yeah, I know I should be out on the town with my mates, but I'm just enjoying the peace and quiet to be honest.
You seem to make a habit of not eating when your drinking Doc, be careful[lol]

Bobinovich
14-Oct-06, 21:05
I think I'll go to Sainsbury's and get some nectar points. :roll:

Never taasted nectar points before, are they nice? [lol]

DrSzin
14-Oct-06, 22:01
Never tasted nectar points before, are they nice? Nor have I. Let me try them now. Hmm, they're a bit plasticky. Not recommmended at all. :eek:

You seem to make a habit of not eating when your drinking Doc, be carefulHeh heh, I knew you'd pick me up on that one. ;)