PDA

View Full Version : Measles?

silverlady
15-Oct-11, 12:12
Anyone elses children had little crops of itchy spots? 10yr old has had for last few days, perfectly well otherwise, has had MMR as baby, so hopefully not measles!! Im taking her to doc Monday but just wondered if this is something "on the go"?

chocolatechip
15-Oct-11, 16:06
I don't about the Meales but I a mumps virual infection about 6 weeks ago then went down with a cold. Wasn't well for about 4 to 6 weeks. Hope your little girl gets well though xx

silverlady
15-Oct-11, 16:51
Thanks, She is now feelin a bit lethargic etc, must be some kinda virus. :-/

Koi
15-Oct-11, 17:08
Anyone elses children had little crops of itchy spots? 10yr old has had for last few days, perfectly well otherwise, has had MMR as baby, so hopefully not measles!! Im taking her to doc Monday but just wondered if this is something "on the go"?

Hi my son has the same. Had him at the doctors yesterday and the doctor reckons is something to do with the cold or a virus that shows in spots instead of other syptoms. It's all over his torso and hasn't spread further thankfully.

silverlady
15-Oct-11, 22:09
Hope he's better soon Koi. Yeah, mine had them on her middle and one or two on leg - did doctor say anything about it being contagious?

Dadie
16-Oct-11, 00:05
Euan had a rash a few weeks ago after a temp of 39 deg that was put down to a viral infection...but he does go spotty when he gets a temp for reasons beyond my comprehension and thankfully before antibiotics are sough,t as most wee persons unexplained rashes with high temps are attributed to the antibiotics they are given!

silverlady
16-Oct-11, 08:45
I found out that this is an "on the go" virus which manifests as crops of spots, sometimes with temps etc and sometimes not. There's aye something eh? Hope your bairns are all back to 100% soon x

Koi
16-Oct-11, 21:18
Hope he's better soon Koi. Yeah, mine had them on her middle and one or two on leg - did doctor say anything about it being contagious?

No just said it could be linked to a cold or a viral thing.

I found out that this is an "on the go" virus which manifests as crops of spots, sometimes with temps etc and sometimes not. There's aye something eh? Hope your bairns are all back to 100% soon x

He had the spots for one day, day 2 he was a bit more tired than usual and day 3 back to normal and spots all gone. No temp either lukcy me. He bounces back really quickly with bugs/ viral things. His immune system is much better than mine lol. Due to a few years working with children i don't get the serious bugs/ illness's i just seem to get all the colds! My partner comes down with every single cold and just passes them on to us, My son quickly gets over it and remains his usual happy go lucky self while i feel horrible with a cold for a few days lol. Well at least the old immune system works for the really bad stuff. I can't actually remember when i caught something nasty. It's just been colds for the last few years!