PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck Wales

Kevin Milkins
15-Oct-11, 07:59
There is a great feeling of anticipation in the valleys this morning, I hope it's a good game.:Razz
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/302921_10150337205013051_790383050_8157423_1282581 571_n.jpg

Yoda the flump
15-Oct-11, 10:56
It was, apart from the ref!

golach
15-Oct-11, 11:01
Wales was robbed!!!!

Yoda the flump
15-Oct-11, 11:05
I can't complain about the result, we had our chances to win but come on a red card!

secrets in symmetry
15-Oct-11, 13:25
The sending off was Wales' Rooney moment. We expect this sort of thing from the England football team, and now also similar indiscipline from the England rugby team, but not from Wales.

I thought they were the better team, and they were unlucky with a couple of kicks. We would be celebrating them as heroes if either of those kicks had succeeded.

We are all Welsh today.

david
15-Oct-11, 16:26
[QUOTE=secrets in symmetry;896084]The sending off was Wales' Rooney moment. We expect this sort of thing from the England football team, and now also similar indiscipline from the England rugby team, but not from Wales.

I thought they were the better team, and they were unlucky with a couple of kicks. We would be celebrating them as heroes if either of those kicks had succeeded.

Rooney deserved what he got unlike Sam Warburton's red card which ultimately cost them the game, Why on earth the ref didnt look at the video ref when making such an important decision in such an important game is beyond belief.

Kevin Milkins
15-Oct-11, 17:12
It was such a shame for the the Welsh team to have all the hard work they have done in preperation for the world cup to be cut down at the knees by one bad call from a ref.

Mr Rolland will go down in history for all the wrong reasons, but I think the Welsh nation will stand proud for the way this young side have conducted themselves.

Mystical Potato Head
15-Oct-11, 17:18
The trouble is the referees were all issued with "guidelines"regarding spear tackles and they seem to have interperated them differently with Rolland ,not for the first time
in his reffing career thinking the game is about him.
He chose to take it to the letter of the law,others used common sense or the fact there was no intent whatsoever.

The International Rugby Board's rule on 'spear tackles' reads: "It is dangerous play to lift a player from the ground and drop or drive that player into the ground whilst that player's feet are still off the ground so that the player's head and/or upper body come into contact with the ground."

Ahead of the tournament a directive was also issued to referees relating to such tackles, which stated: "Foul play - high tackles, grabbing and twisting of the head and tip tackles to be emphasised, with referees to start at red and work backwards."

david
15-Oct-11, 17:36
A penalty to France would have IMHO been justified and that's it.