PDA

View Full Version : Scum!!

Corrie 3
14-Oct-11, 20:17
Another benefit cheat that cant walk!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! [disgust][disgust]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-15308726

C3.............:mad:

sids
14-Oct-11, 21:02
Can't you get any local ones (yawn)?

jock leith
14-Oct-11, 21:37
I think its about time that the doctors that sign these people off onto the benefits,are made to pay a large fine,and have a penalty points system,when the reach a certain total,they are suspended for a month without pay etc,repeat offenders get struck off.
Its just a shame that genuine people with serious problems are then branded as lazy.
When you walk into a doctors surgery ,they are writing a sick-note or prescription before you sit down to say why you are there or whats wrong with you,

Corrie 3
14-Oct-11, 21:37
Can't you get any local ones (yawn)?
If the DWP were to bring a few undercover camera's up here they would catch loads.....but I doubt the DWP knows where Caithness is on the map.
Perhaps it's time we asked John Thurso what the DWP are doing about catching the scum within our own area!

C3..............:roll::roll:

Dadie
14-Oct-11, 22:07
Caught scum.....what about the ones flying under the radar?
They are the ones you should be concentrating on!
Oh and local ones too....nevermind the ones in England somewhere what about Caithness or if thats too narrow a field how about the North of Scotland!

Torvaig
14-Oct-11, 22:07
If the DWP were to bring a few undercover camera's up here they would catch loads.....but I doubt the DWP knows where Caithness is on the map.
Perhaps it's time we asked John Thurso what the DWP are doing about catching the scum within our own area!

C3..............:roll::roll:

And how do you know that the DWP don't send in undercover teams?

sids
14-Oct-11, 22:31

Because they don't rant on the Org about it.

Corrie 3
15-Oct-11, 09:29
I go by the amount of people up in the Wick Courts for defrauding the DWP.....Perhaps I have missed the reports in the Groat but I don't see anyone being caught for fraud....... yet we all know it goes on in abundance in this area!!

C3.....[disgust][disgust]

Torvaig
15-Oct-11, 10:51
It's all very well saying that you know of an abundance of fraud in the area; have you reported them; have you provided evidence; have you photographic proof of someone working for cash whilst claiming incapacity benefit and are you willing to stand up in court and tell what you know?

Then are you wiling to face these people and their buddies when you go out and about?

The DWP teams have been to Caithness but cannot just go in and confront someone who is seen lending a hand on a good day. They have to know where it happens and that it does so on a regular basis and that the person gets paid but doesn't declare their income to the authorities. They then have to ascertain that the person is working without authority and therefore defrauding the system.

You have to take into account that some do have permission to work to test how they get on in a workplace, to see how much they can cope with physically and mentally and to lead to them back into work at a steady pace. They are working with permission for a set number of hours and with a set wage.

I know there are unscrupulous people who defraud the system and yes, it is very maddening to see folk blatantly working (unauthorised) whilst on benefits but can you imagine the cost of sending in teams with equipment to find and record the claimants working, managing to carry out undercover surveillance (some people delight in warning fraudsters) and then proving it all in court to a satisfactory conclusion?

I wonder how much manpower and backup support it would need to catch all the fraudsters in Caithness in the act, record it on video, deal with the paperwork and gather enough witnesses willing to speak up in Court against everyone caught.

If you honestly know of someone defrauding the system and claiming false benefits and the DWP can prove it, are you willing to stand up in Court as a witness and bear the consequences?

If all who rage against the DWP are willing to do their bit then the job is done!

P.S. I have been in the situation where I was on benefit and was open about it although in retrospect it would have been easier if I wasn't. I tried going back to work in an easier environment (with permission) but definitely wasn't fit and had to take early retirement from a good job.

I have had it said to my face "You're on benefits!" and yes, the exclamation mark was there and yes, it hurt....

secrets in symmetry
15-Oct-11, 13:38
It's all very well saying that you know of an abundance of fraud in the area; have you reported them; have you provided evidence; have you photographic proof of someone working for cash whilst claiming incapacity benefit and are you willing to stand up in court and tell what you know?

Then are you wiling to face these people and their buddies when you go out and about?

The DWP teams have been to Caithness but cannot just go in and confront someone who is seen lending a hand on a good day. They have to know where it happens and that it does so on a regular basis and that the person gets paid but doesn't declare their income to the authorities. They then have to ascertain that the person is working without authority and therefore defrauding the system.

You have to take into account that some do have permission to work to test how they get on in a workplace, to see how much they can cope with physically and mentally and to lead to them back into work at a steady pace. They are working with permission for a set number of hours and with a set wage.

I know there are unscrupulous people who defraud the system and yes, it is very maddening to see folk blatantly working (unauthorised) whilst on benefits but can you imagine the cost of sending in teams with equipment to find and record the claimants working, managing to carry out undercover surveillance (some people delight in warning fraudsters) and then proving it all in court to a satisfactory conclusion?

I wonder how much manpower and backup support it would need to catch all the fraudsters in Caithness in the act, record it on video, deal with the paperwork and gather enough witnesses willing to speak up in Court against everyone caught.

If you honestly know of someone defrauding the system and claiming false benefits and the DWP can prove it, are you willing to stand up in Court as a witness and bear the consequences?

If all who rage against the DWP are willing to do their bit then the job is done!

P.S. I have been in the situation where I was on benefit and was open about it although in retrospect it would have been easier if I wasn't. I tried going back to work in an easier environment (with permission) but definitely wasn't fit and had to take early retirement from a good job.

I have had it said to my face "You're on benefits!" and yes, the exclamation mark was there and yes, it hurt....That's a fantastic post Torvaig. It's even better than the recent one by snow - but yours has one big advantage...I agree with you. :cool:

Mrs Bucket
15-Oct-11, 16:38
I have reported time and time again but they are still working and still claiming even using the car for work. I am unable to take photos

Corrie 3
15-Oct-11, 16:58
I have reported time and time again but they are still working and still claiming even using the car for work. I am unable to take photos
So have I Mrs. Bucket ! I know quite a lot of people who have got free mobility cars because they cant walk, next thing you see they are up on the roof fixing it, playing golf, working 40hrs a week in a shop...no sign of any disability at all. All I got from the DWP was a thank you and we will look into your claims, that was over 2 years ago and still it carries on. And yes, I have been threatened but it does not worry me, this is our money they are robbing us of. If it was being robbed from a private firm or a Gala Committee they would have been up in court by now but because it's public money it doesn't matter. As I said at the opening, they are all scum in my book and need locking up and forced to pay the money back that they have cheated us out of!!!!!

C3....................[disgust][disgust]

eriba47
16-Oct-11, 21:15
I think that if people worked on community projects for their benefits at the minimum wage rate it would be better for them and for society. For example if the rate was £6 per hour and you recieved £60 in benefits then you would work for 10 hours.

The Pepsi Challenge
17-Oct-11, 01:09
Only 4% of people on benefits (in this case, Employment and Support Allowance) defraud the system. As most will (should) know, though, those 4% who get caught make for good copy.

Kodiak
17-Oct-11, 13:48
So have I Mrs. Bucket ! I know quite a lot of people who have got free mobility cars because they cant walk, next thing you see they are up on the roof fixing it, playing golf, working 40hrs a week in a shop...no sign of any disability at all. All I got from the DWP was a thank you and we will look into your claims, that was over 2 years ago and still it carries on. And yes, I have been threatened but it does not worry me, this is our money they are robbing us of. If it was being robbed from a private firm or a Gala Committee they would have been up in court by now but because it's public money it doesn't matter. As I said at the opening, they are all scum in my book and need locking up and forced to pay the money back that they have cheated us out of!!!!!

C3....................[disgust][disgust]

This is a very serious matter indeed. If someone is misusing a Motability Car then not only should you report it to DWP but more importantly you should report it to Motability. I have taken this from their web site and it should help you in reporting any and all infractions.

Misuse of the Car Scheme
Misuse of the Motability Scheme is something we take very seriously. We rely on the general public, customers, police, Department for Work and Pensions, and others to help us put a stop to it. Every report of misuse we receive is carefully assessed and, if proven, acted upon. Typical examples of misuse include:

Using the car for crime
Denying its use to the disabled person
Using the car as a taxi or delivery vehicle
Driving uninsured or whilst banned
Sub-leasing or selling the car
Allowing the car to become unroadworthy.

You can report misuse to us either anonymously or, preferably, by giving your name in complete confidence so we can discuss it with you further if necessary. If you want to report something, please use the Reporting misuse form (http://www.motability.co.uk/main.cfm?Type=CMIS), call us on 0845 456 4566 or email spu@motability.co.uk If you represent the police, a local authority or other body concerned with combating fraud, please call 01279 632233 for a guidance booklet.

Below is site from where I got the above information, go to this page and then scroll down to almost the bottom. :-

http://www.motabilitycarscheme.co.uk/main.cfm?type=CCSC

K.

teddybear1873
17-Oct-11, 13:54
Years ago a bloke was doing a job on the side for an older lady. He was caught and was asked how much he was paid so it could be deducted from his benefit. He replied " I got a sh#g, price that "

rob murray
17-Oct-11, 13:56
I used to work in the DHSS many moons ago, back in the day we would be inundated with letters / phone calls reporting fraud, many of the calls came from people we knew were at it themselves, the system is wrong, there should be a local fraud officer ( bullet proof vest supplied ) hunting down fraud / stopping benefits where appropriate...note the use of the word local !!!!

Doreen
17-Oct-11, 22:50

C3..............:roll::roll:Your dead right there Corrie we have one near to us god its so annoying i believe the so called disabled person was seen jumping on a trampoline by a couple of neighbours how do they get away with it they should be ashamed of themselves.

Angel
17-Oct-11, 23:00
Action speaks louder than words...

Angel...

linnie612
17-Oct-11, 23:12
Corrie 3, why do YOU not approach John Thurso with your concerns? Doreen and her outraged neighbours could join you

Doreen
18-Oct-11, 08:53
Corrie 3, why do YOU not approach John Thurso with your concerns? Doreen and her outraged neighbours could join youGood point we maybe just might do that;)