PDA

View Full Version : wick fun day?

brandy
13-Oct-11, 16:35
what day is wick fun day on this year?
i thought it was always on a sat. but the poster on the front page with the viking thing.. is saying that they will march thru the town before turning the christmas lights on..
and that is on a friday. so a bit confussed *G* any help guys?
thanks!

Bill Fernie
16-Oct-11, 14:27
This was on the Caithness.org front page -

Two extremely cold winters have made the Christmas Lights committee inWick rethink what they do each year. Doreen Turner for the groupsaid, "We are having a change this year for our fun day and are holdinga Christmas Bazaar in the Assembly Rooms, Wick on Saturday 26thNovember 2011 from 12 to 4. Weall froze last year hence thereason for trying something different.

brandy
16-Oct-11, 18:25
wow, can only say how disappointed i am for this! was really looking forwards to dressing up in the shop and everything!
its always a great day even if it is cold.
so, are any of the other shops doing anything now?
its a shame as fun day is very traditionally a hugely busy day for shops in the town.. just seems bad, when we are trying to rejuvenate the town center..
but i guess the people who organize it have to do what they have to do.. all the best to them.. and wish i could have made it.
does any one know the times for the da dooney day activities? as they are not on the whats on for the 25th of nov. and the poster dosent say?