PDA

View Full Version : On no..been here before with Outlook..Help please

AngieMac
12-Oct-11, 23:09
Hi

When logging into my email account a box appears asking for my user name and password, which by the way is already filled in, doesn't matter what I do with it I can't send or receive anything and the account won't authorize. I seem to remember having this same problem years ago but I'm damned if I can remember how I fixed it. Any ideas please.

Thanks
Angie

dx100uk
13-Oct-11, 00:03
how long has this been going on and who is your email with?

sometimes servers go down for 24hrs

can you accress your email by their webmail portal?

dx

AngieMac
13-Oct-11, 20:54
Hi
This problem started yesterday. This is the message that appears after the login box appears with the correct details for login already filled in.

Unable to send or receive messages for the Btinternet ( ) account. An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this account.
Server Error: 0x800CCC90
Server Response: -ERR [AUTH] Incorrect username or password.
Server: 'mail.btinternet.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL):

Hope this helps
Angie

dx100uk
14-Oct-11, 01:40
goto the btyahoo homepage
click on the mail icon
login using your details and see if you can get to your mail via this webpage

dx

AngieMac
14-Oct-11, 07:52
Hi dx

Managed to login to the btyahoo home page and access my email from there. Thank you. What does this mean regarding not being able to use Outlook?
Any solutions?
Cheers
Angie

charlie
14-Oct-11, 10:08
Angie,

Do you know how to delete the account in your mail client?

If so, delete it and instal it again as if you were doing it new for first time.
Give your router a bump as well (switch it off at the mains - count to 20 - turn it back on again)

This is a common issue with Yahoo mail which rears up now and again.
It often fixes itself if left for long enough.
The above steps will help the process along.

Let me know if that sorts it.

dx100uk
14-Oct-11, 10:14
http://filetonic.com/blog/2010/12/01/btinternet-server-error/
try

dx

AngieMac
15-Oct-11, 08:22
Charlie

Not sure how to do what you suggest, could you talk me through what I need to do please.

Angie

charlie
15-Oct-11, 11:16
Try this link.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/add-or-remove-an-e-mail-account-HP003076000.aspx

What you are doing is removing the existing mail account - then creating the same one again as if you were starting from scratch.
That is, you had a new computer and you were adding your e mail account like you probably had to when you got your computer.

Simpler still - dont even delete the existing acount just create a new one and give it a different name.
That will leave the existing account intact in case you ever want to go back to it

Does that make any sense?