PDA

View Full Version : child on bike!!

AliciaMackinnon
12-Oct-11, 10:35
Last year my husband filmed an 18 month old child being taken for a spin on a motorbike in a field near us, He posted the video in his outrage on here,,, Everyone got at him for it... although he did understand the fact that it was posting a video of a child but....

Today we logged onto our bt account and up pops this..

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/biker-filmed-riding-boy-petrol-tank-204830465.html

This guy is now being held on child cruelty charges.

I think he may be owed an apology!

Torvaig
12-Oct-11, 13:39
Shocking footage of an off-road biker racing through Manchester with a three-year-old boy perched on the petrol tank has been released by police.

Ryan Ward, 23, was caught on a police helicopter camera riding the bike along busy streets with his young son - both without helmets.

He was also seen riding onto pavements and performing wheelies during the 16-minute journey.
PC Andy Moore, of Greater Manchester Police, said: "Ward was riding without regard for himself but more importantly the public and his young son.

"He showed a blatant disregard for the rules of the road and has rightly been sentenced for his foolish and reckless actions."
Ward was arrested as he pushed his bike along the road after dropping off his son.
Neighbourhood Inspector Ruth Bradley-Holt said: "Off-road motorbikes are a real nuisance to the police and local residents.

"Ward broke the law by riding an off-road bike in a public place but, to compound matters, the manner of his driving was appalling and he put the local community and even his own child at risk.
"We work very hard to address the concerns of local residents and that includes clamping down hard on those who misuse off road bikes and just last week we seized three vehicles that were being used illegally."
Ward, of Blackley, Manchester, has admitted charges of dangerous driving and child cruelty.

Tell me, where are the similarities between the above and the very short film we saw of a little boy having a wee ride off-road on a grassy piece of land a few months ago. I won't look for the original post but as I remember there was no speeding, no public road, no riding on pavement and no doing wheelies. Not sure about the wearing of helmets.....

brandy
12-Oct-11, 14:28
i dont think any child of any age should be on a potentially dangerous vehicle without the proper protection. have a child on a bike or quad or horse or anything of the like.. should be done in a responsible manner. i will quite happily throw my boys on a pony any day, as long as its a solid bomb proof and they are wearing hats and possibly body protection when off lead. only takes a second to have permanent brain damage or death.
obviously, the guy in the above video is an idiot.. and deserves to be charged with child neglect and child endangerment.
not seen the other video.. so no idea if child was wearing a helmet, or how fast or at what speeds they were going.
its not a black and white kinda thing... there needs to be boundaries, but at the same time.. we dont need a nanny state.. if that makes sense

Gronnuck
12-Oct-11, 17:19
I have a vague recollection of the post last year. Alicia your husband did the right thing, children need witnesses when they are put in danger.
The latest video is appalling, Ryan Ward should only have access to his, or any other child under close supervision until he can show he can behave responsibly.

. . .we dont need a nanny state.. if that makes sense On the contrary brandy we often do because, as we can see in this case, there are a lot of parents who are incapable of looking after their children properly.

lee1
20-Dec-12, 10:47
wow ,,a prob better stop taken my wee 1 on bike i ,,,she love's it 2 ,, brake ir heart if a say'd no 2 her ,,,,fook it am ir dad and only i has the right 2 chose ,,,sod all the party pooper's,,get a life ,,or evan betta ,,GET A BIKE ,,,,

ducati
20-Dec-12, 10:51
He doesn't have an eagle does he? :eek:

richardj
20-Dec-12, 12:23
Several years ago when I lived in Fife I noticed a young girl (probably about 3 years old) on the front of a motorised bike being driven by her brother who was not much older. It was being driven on public land outwith the park I was walking my dogs. I was shocked to see the stupidity of the parents allowing this to happen - the bike went into a metal fence and the girl was killed. I have always wished I had phoned the police about the kids on the bike before the accident happened, unfortunately I did not have a mobile phone with me at the time. Their parent(s) were with them at the time so I am sure the memory of losing one of their children in this pointless and unnessary accident will remain with them for all their lives.

So if you think people are "party pooper's" bringing this to people's attention then I hope for your sake your kids remain safe.

Gronnuck
20-Dec-12, 14:57
wow ,,a prob better stop taken my wee 1 on bike i ,,,she love's it 2 ,, brake ir heart if a say'd no 2 her
By all means take her on a bike if she can be properly secured and equipped, but I doubt that can be done for one so young.

,,,,**** it am ir dad and only i has the right 2 chose
On the contrary - this is why we have Social Services, to safeguard children and protect them from parents who make the wrong choices.

,,,sod all the party pooper's,,get a life ,,or evan betta ,,GET A BIKE ,,,,

Been there - done that - seen a couple of tragedies along the way; and I've unpicked a small child from a farmer's discarded roll of barbed wire.