PDA

View Full Version : teens these days need locked up

bilbobaggins
11-Oct-11, 21:14
Wat a nite I got chased with little teens chasen me with knife un real

teddybear1873
11-Oct-11, 21:20
Wat a nite I got chased with little teens chasen me with knife un real

Well I certainly hope you reported it straight away?

Knives and teenagers don't mix.

orkneycadian
11-Oct-11, 21:22
:( - Whatever happened to the Crocodile Dundee spirit?

bilbobaggins
11-Oct-11, 21:26
It is reported

morvenview
11-Oct-11, 21:34
Little neds! Where did it happen?

bilbobaggins
11-Oct-11, 21:39
Up by roxburgh road

Neil Howie
11-Oct-11, 23:53
Yes they should be locked up before they end up hurting someone

oldmarine
12-Oct-11, 02:48
It is reported
Let us hope the authorities take care of this matter before it gets too serious.

ducati
12-Oct-11, 08:07
I'd have chased them back with a piece of sporting equipment.

tonkatojo
12-Oct-11, 09:14
I'd have chased them back with a piece of sporting equipment.

One would presume you go around prepared for these eventualities ?. Be careful the boys in blue do not give preference to age when stopped for carrying offensive weapons.

ducati
12-Oct-11, 10:43
One would presume you go around prepared for these eventualities ?. Be careful the boys in blue do not give preference to age when stopped for carrying offensive weapons.

Ah there is nothing like the thwack of willow on...........:eek:.

RecQuery
12-Oct-11, 11:41
Up by roxburgh road

I think I see the problem. On a more serious note, it's not all teens these days just annoying neds. I wish I could hate them to death.

tonkatojo
12-Oct-11, 12:34
Ah there is nothing like the thwack of willow on...........:eek:.

It would be more suitable to use a birch switch but we all know why we cannot.:(

teddybear1873
12-Oct-11, 16:47
I still say bring back the belt to the schools and at least one year National Service.....Ah but wait, it's the parents fault that kids behave like this.

Forget what I said.

oldmarine
13-Oct-11, 21:56
I still say bring back the belt to the schools and at least one year National Service.....Ah but wait, it's the parents fault that kids behave like this.

Forget what I said.
Where are the parents in this situation?

teddybear1873
13-Oct-11, 23:57
Where are the parents in this situation?

Just certain people in the world think the way kids behave It's the parents fault oldmarine. Yes some parents are to fault, but I still reckon parents, teachers etc have lost respect in certain way over the last 20 years ago. I'm appalled by the way they speak and behave, specially to their parents and elders.

Alice in Blunderland
14-Oct-11, 09:00
Why should teens these days be locked up because a few are spoiling it for the majority ?

As the mother of what I would hope are well brought up adjusted teenage children I log onto Caithness.Org to find a thread stating teens these days need to be locked up !!

Bit of a wide sweeping statement.

I didn't find many congratulatory statements on the same Org this time last year when a group of teens in the High School got together and raised over four thousand pounds for Children in Need. Nor did I see lots of folks rolling up to say well done to the teenagers who won a trip to America for their efforts in a competition representing Caithness. Or the children who represent our County in the various sports events on a regular basis.

As in all cases its the few who spoil it for the many.

I would also like to point out these children are the product of us ADULTS end off they dont suddenly appear ready made little monsters they are the product of the adults and society in which they have been raised so should it truly be the teens we are locking up or the ADULTS in some cases who have failed to give them proper guidance.

Alice in Blunderland
14-Oct-11, 09:06

Forget what I said.

And what good would bringing back the belt do ?

An adult getting hacked off with children venting his or her frustration on them by slamming a piece of leather over their hand yeh Im sure that will teach respect.

I often hear my dad talking about the fear they had towards certain teachers who were strap happy....not respect.

mi16
14-Oct-11, 09:42
I believe the law needs to get much tougher on criminals none of the nancy tagging or wrist slapping, hit them hard is my thinking.
Also the law should allpy to all regardless of age, if you are old enough to carry a knife then you are old enough to face the consequences of carrying it.

Even Chance
14-Oct-11, 10:40
I believe the law needs to get much tougher on criminals none of the nancy tagging or wrist slapping, hit them hard is my thinking.
Also the law should allpy to all regardless of age, if you are old enough to carry a knife then you are old enough to face the consequences of carrying it.

Aye yer right mi16!!

Bilbo, this must have happened after I left you the other night. Dinna let the wee turds bother you. Wisna lek at when I wis brought up in Polteney, e turds didna use blades back then and ye could give as good as ye got!

pat
14-Oct-11, 10:42
Agree with you Alice - as a person who does not live in the county - I have not heard on the org about these good, decent youngsters, all there is on the org at the moment is slag, slag, slag and denigration, no wonder folk have given up on the org.

There are many more sensible, practical, thinking youngsters than there are yobbish youngsters but only the badly behaved get the attention - how about ignoring the bad behaviour and not publicising this type of behaviour and see how long they continue to play up - sentencing will continue but will not be published in local papers. Then they cannot brag to their peers their deeds have been in the papers, got a social worker they can wrap round their fingers and have got off scot free and parents may be a bit worried in case it rebounds and affects their social life.

bilbobaggins
14-Oct-11, 13:59
Why don't uses go outside to a bunch of teen with knife and tell them to Chase u it won't be fun if you got stab would it no you think teens are all nice nice but there not so they think they can run wick

shazzap
14-Oct-11, 14:47
Twas in the city centre
I had just stepped from my car
When three ruffians attacked me
In a manner most bizarre.

When finally the police arrived
They slowly looked around
"Are those your teeth? They match your stumps.
They are littering the ground"

So I was fined for littering
And told it was a shame
Twas folk like me who spoilt the town
And gave it a bad name

They noticed that I'd wet myself
In the terror of the defeat
And so I got another fine;
Urinating in the street!

As I stuggled to regain my feet
Surveying the blurry scene
A warden then approached my car
And ticketed the screen.

At this I said a naughty word
( From a classic Larkin line )
For outraging public decency
I got another fine.

At this point, seeking sympathy
I lifted up my vest
To reveal the six inch flick knife.
That was sticking in my chest.

The medic carefully pulled it out
As you will understand
But the constable said, accusingly,
"Knife crime's getting out of hand!"

For possession of that weapon
I stood before the judge
The fact that it was not my knife
Just would not make him budge.

"The facts", he said, "speak for themselves
The reasons can only be guessed.
But you were in possession.
It was sticking in your chest!"

Now in my lonely prison cell
Upon my fate I dote.
But cheer up Sid, thanks to John Hirst
At least you've got the vote!”

Dadie
14-Oct-11, 22:22
Listening to some of the conversation snippets outside the Court in Wick today, it makes me wonder what some Teens aspire to.
What you up fer....was you a naughty boy....wish I had an ASBO ....You gettin tagged..cool....
That was all in a less than 2 min walk trying to pass by fast(ish) with the kids going at snails pace!
Thankfully this lot are still in the minority as most kids are decent.

Bazeye
15-Oct-11, 00:59
Bide your time, hit them hard, dont get caught.

rfr10
15-Oct-11, 22:42
Hrm... I thought I'd bring back the days when I caused a lot of controversy on Caithness.org. It has been years since I was here last... decided to poke my nose in, saw the comments in this thread, felt strongly against the majority of them so decided to reply (briefly...if that's possible).

Obviously when you're threatened by someone, adult or teen, in this way the first thing you want is to get your own back or "lock them up". Definitely not an answer which is going to bring transformation. It's not the parent's fault, it's not the 'teens' fault, it's not the Government's fault - it's society's fault. You can never pinpoint the blame on one person because no one person has caused this. Young people learn their behaviour from somewhere and as someone already pointed out, they're not born with these innate values and behaviours which lead to violence etc. They learn their behaviours from society and therefore, if you are going to ask for any action to be taken to resolve this, you don't go and lock them up - you contribute in some way to resolving these societal issues by going to the root cause of it and not being ameliorative.

Let's take one of my opinions on the recent riots in England. The immediate action of the government and police is 'we're going to find all the people involved and they will be prosecuted'. Ah... ok, so many (I know not all) of the people involved, probably are from not so well off backgrounds, struggle to find a job, are living in relative (or arguably absolute) poverty and the only way they can get things is to steal. I know this is definitely not right but what exactly is locking them up going to do? Give them a criminal record, they will be released from jail and guess what... it's going to be even more difficult for them to get a job because they now have a criminal record sooo we go round in circles - great. Back to square one.

Finally, being stereotypical and identifying people as 'neds' or whatever other categories people seem to fall into these days is part of the reason that creates the conflicting society we live in. Maybe we should come up with a title for stereotypical people and isolate them from the rest of society by alienating them as a 'separate' group from everyone else (no don't really, it's more rhetoric than a serious suggestion).

Basically what I'm trying to say is it's the attitudes within society which must change if anything is ever going to change within people who resort to violence and not to simply dismiss things.

End of blab.

shazzap
15-Oct-11, 22:48
Nature... Nurture....Enviroment.

It can be one or more. Or all.