PDA

View Full Version : Is this just a Thurso Co-op thing?

bekisman
10-Oct-11, 18:51
Was in Thurso today and Mrs Beks nipped into Co-op (as we were in the precinct) just wanted some bread. She stood in a queue behind two others, the first one has about five items, they are checked through, then; "can I have 20 Benson & Hedges" - so the till girl closes her till and trots over to the fag kiosk and a few minutes later comes back with the cigs.. Mrs Beks sighs..

Next person; same, about a dozen small items and again "Could I have 40 Dunhill King size, please" another couple of minutes to wait whilst the girl again shuts till and goes to kiosk..

Thought about going to the kiosk and asking for "a tin of beans please"..

Apart from Co-op, (which we witnessed a couple of years ago on a previous visit), not experienced this anywhere else..

orkneycadian
10-Oct-11, 18:56
Is there no end to the inconvenience smokers will put the rest (majority) of the population to?

poppett
10-Oct-11, 19:03
Have seen this happen in Tesco too.

Usually in the Co-op the smokers take their basket to the Kiosk and check the whole lot out at the same time. Makes sense in a way, but also makes the queue horribly long.

When they used to have two queues at the Kiosk on a Saturday morning one for lottery only, the other for the rest if was quite amusing to watch folks work out which queue to join first if they needed lottery and fags!

As long as the shops are selling goods I don`t suppose they care how inconvenienced we are at the checkout.

sandyr1
11-Oct-11, 00:48
Amazing...when the rest of the World are worried about making it into another day, we are worried about a packet o' fags. Wow!

bekisman
11-Oct-11, 07:26
Amazing...when the rest of the World are worried about making it into another day, we are worried about a packet o' fags. Wow!
Hmm, no, I'm not a worrier, but you must stop being so depressed sandyr1, the world's not going to end tomorrow you know, so please don't get yourself down.
You may well be a natural worrier, but life's not all bad - if you can train yourself not to be 'worried about making it into another day, you'll find life is actually great and these 'little' annoyances can be spoken about (I assure you)..

Are you a smoker by any chance?

http://health.wikinut.com/Depression-on-the-rise-amongst-Canadians/12_mwdy6/

ducati
11-Oct-11, 07:53
Hmm, no, I'm not a worrier, but you must stop being so depressed sandyr1, the world's not going to end tomorrow you know, so please don't get yourself down.
You may well be a natural worrier, but life's not all bad - if you can train yourself not to be 'worried about making it into another day, you'll find life is actually great and these 'little' annoyances can be spoken about (I assure you)..

Are you a smoker by any chance?

http://health.wikinut.com/Depression-on-the-rise-amongst-Canadians/12_mwdy6/

It's lottery ticket sales in the morning when you are in a hurry to get to work, or in petrol stations that drive me batty.

I hate lottery ticket buyers.....unless you win......in which case my address for donations is.........:eek:

linnie612
11-Oct-11, 10:27
I worked in Tesco in Wick briefly, when the new store opened. We were instructed that on no account should you leave your till. If people wanted anything from the kiosk, they had to go to the kiosk.

I think its still the same..

oldmarine
11-Oct-11, 17:47
I'm sure happy to be off those fags. I gave up the habit when I returned from overseas after WW2.
I look back and think about all the money I saved. It muse be terrible to be hooked on such worthless items.