PDA

View Full Version : ReL Missing Thread

dpw39
12-Oct-06, 22:56
Have I been a naughty boy, as my last thread had been removed for whatever reason. A speedy resonse wiuld be gratefully recieved.

Ciao,

dpw39 :cool:

MadPict
12-Oct-06, 23:40
It was probably removed as it was a duplicate post of this post...

dpw39
13-Oct-06, 18:06
Yo Mad Pict,

is it alright then to post it in this format or will that be removed as well? - (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?p=144854#post144854)... Which actually takes you to my article on my Broadband Speed info and not item 107 which was what I wanted to highlight initially...

I would have thought who-ever had removed it, would have at least the courtesy to respond and to let one know why it was removed or at least point one in the right direction and the reasons why.

No disrespect or annoyance intended.

But if goal posts are going to be moved, then please tell me which end of the field am I suppose to be play from :lol:

Ciao,

dpw39

changilass
13-Oct-06, 18:12
The goal posts are in the same place, it is only your post that was removed.

The rules are available for all to read, in the rules it states that duplicate posting is not allowed.

dpw39
13-Oct-06, 18:22
So if I post it this way - (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?p=144854#post144854)... please see post 107, does that create a problem?

No offence given or meant...

Ciao,

changilass
13-Oct-06, 18:29
Why do you want to start another thread to say what has already been said - just curious:confused .

MadPict
13-Oct-06, 18:59
So if I post it this way - (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?p=144854#post144854)... please see post 107, does that create a problem?

No offence given or meant...

Ciao,

Don't know why you added a close bracket to the end of the linking URL - remove that and it will take you straight to your post.

Your removed post is in the Admin area, and your original post is still in the broadband thread, so it will be seen by those who can answer your questions. No need to link or repost it.

Ciao....

dpw39
13-Oct-06, 19:00
Maybe it would be better if you could set up a poll, (as I wouldn't know how to start it off) as from earlier remarks on that particular thread, and certain others of a heavy-handed approach that certain people where getting at others, and rules and regulations where being banded about left right and centre, and basically all I was asking (as there was no response to the question of ownership, and who moderates the moderators etc etc) and what was the general feeling/concenuss (!) amongst my fellow orgers.

We as a "community website which was initially setup under the auspicies of CVG etc etc as a voluntary organisation and was probably initially funded via CVG et al, please see item 107 and how it has seemed to have turned out to be a financial generating mechanism for who-ever the powers may be! Especially when they have their own business interests such as Scorrie Services et al.

No offence or disrespect etc intended.

Ciao,

MadPict
13-Oct-06, 19:08
When someone concerned with the actual running of Caithness.org has read your post, no doubt you will get a reply either openly in the forum or by PM.

No need for a poll on the moderating in my opinion - you'll get some who oppose it and some will be in favour of it. The end result will be you will still have moderators and you will still have rules which you have to abide by.
And those who have voiced their objection to the appointment of Moderators have already done so. We're just going over old ground here.

dpw39
13-Oct-06, 19:12
But didn't it say somewhere that when one moderator makes a decission, then it is binding by all other moderators, but youstate that in your opinion...

No offence meant or intended.

Ciao

MadPict
13-Oct-06, 19:23
The decision making by all mods/Admins is usually over the matter of warnings/infractions/suspensions/bannings or any other decision which might affect a member or members.

If one Mod has to make a decision on a post/members behaviour (for whatever reason) and issues a warning or infraction, then later it is decided by consensus it might have been not as serious as first thought, then the warning/infraction would be lifted.

As I point out, it is my opinion as a member of the Org - I may be a Mod but I am still also a member.

To help differentiate we could always change the colour of the text when we post as a Mod or as a normal member?....

BTW - in answer to your poll request - one already exists HERE (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=13667)...

dpw39
13-Oct-06, 19:30
Excellent idea Madpict, as I appreciate that even Modererators have their own opinions, but unfortunatatly they have to wear two hats for the one job, and they can only wear one at a time.

Also if you could send me the link to the topic that you mentioned that had been discussed earlier I would be very much obliged.

I totally agree that we do need moderators on most websites, however, I have personally noticed that certain members (!) have more sway than others, or seem to be a bit heavy-handed. We are all equal, some more than others (no pun intended).

Cia,

dpw39
13-Oct-06, 19:32
Unfortunately I have to come off-line at this moment in time, but you could send tje link to my registered email address which you should be able to get from either Bill or Niall (you have my permission).

Ciao,