PDA

View Full Version : It's a sad day !!

Corrie 3
10-Oct-11, 09:55
It's a sad day when you cant take a photo of your 4 year old Daughter enjoying an ice cream !!!
The countries gone absolutely mad!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-15236758

C3.............[disgust][disgust][disgust]

donnick
10-Oct-11, 12:57
Its a world gone mad ,and a jobsworth prat .enough said

Metalattakk
10-Oct-11, 13:22
It's a sad day when you cant take a photo of your 4 year old Daughter enjoying an ice cream !!!

What do you mean, he can't? He plainly and obviously did.

Bit of a kerfuffle later, and story is concluded. All a fuss about nothing.

Cue much wailing and gnashing of teeth from the typical Daily Mail commentards. . .

Bobinovich
10-Oct-11, 14:22
Epic fail by Braehead security staff and gross over-reaction by the police IMO. I reckon the relevant shareholders will be looking for heads to roll 'cos the place deserves to lose custom over it.

golach
10-Oct-11, 14:41
The father was on Call Kaye on BBC Scotland this morning, and the police have been reported for their handling of the incedent
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00r3zl7

oldmarine
10-Oct-11, 14:59
These terrorism problems have gotten out of control. As a result the whole world is going mad. Citizen's rights are being impacted all over the world. It's not just Britain or the USA, but events impacting people throughout the world. I don't have the answers and I doubt anyone truly has the answers on how to stop nonsence such as this.

John Little
10-Oct-11, 15:05
Repeal the Patriot Act?

Metalattakk
10-Oct-11, 15:08
The Met had their fingers burned over the same issues a couple of years ago (using Section 44 as a brick-bat). One would like to think that the memo that the Met sent around might have reached Strathclyde Police too.

Still a fuss about nothing, though. No charges, no confiscated photos or camera, just a few questions and an alleged reference to the Terrorist Act.

Incidentally, the photographer still broke the Centre's clearly signposted 'No Photography' policy. Looks to me like got away with it.

orkneycadian
10-Oct-11, 19:12
And meantime, we welcome would be terrorists to come and stay in our country with open arms!

badger
10-Oct-11, 20:42
How could anyone in their right mind think a father snapping his daughter was an act of terrorism?

Do hope he didn't buy her any balloons or those things you blow into and they unroll or he wouldn't get away so easily. No child under 8 to blow up balloons and you have to be 14 - 14 !!!! - to play with whistle blowers. How many teenagers even want to.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/8816601/Children-to-be-banned-from-blowing-up-balloons-under-EU-safety-rules.html

oldmarine is right - world is definitely going mad :mad:

Fran
11-Oct-11, 01:17
Something like this happened to me and "himself" not long before he died four years ago. We were on a last trip to Fraserburgh when he filmed the flame at Fergus oil terminal for his last video. We were then chased by 2 police cars, interrogated in the road, accused of being terrorists, and himself was told to remove the film. I asked the 4 policemen to leave him alone as he was so ill, and they phoned up wick police, the hospital etc to check that our story was true and that"himself" was dying. It was an awful experience, but looking back, it did make a really exciting holiday for "himself" and a memerable one for me.!!!!!!

sandyr1
11-Oct-11, 01:49
Not in defence of the Polis....but the Police are the Public and the Public are the Police..Normal people are Police, and everyone acts differently...
If some place says 'No Photos', why would one take photos...Like... is that quite clear/ common sense.
The staff in some of these places sees someone with a Camera/ they don't know what the person is doing...so because of the Gov't is always on about it, covering their own '.........' they warn people not to take photos.....
Did you know that Drugs and explosives are secreted in the bodies of dead babies who are bought for that purpose....and conveyed into unsuspecting Countries/ areas/ and shopping Centres.
Give the Authorities a break will you.....yup...report the Polis if it makes you feel good.

brandy
11-Oct-11, 02:40
ok the dead baby one... sounded to weird to be true.. looks as if i was right
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/drugs/deadbaby.asp
seems this story has been around a few times

ducati
11-Oct-11, 07:57
If I was a terrorist looking to covertly photograph a potential target I would use this ruse to cover my actions. Well done the Braehead securty staff for their vigilance. Better safe than sorry.

And peeps, if you want to stay safe, stop moaning about stuff like this.

Knowing if they are wrong, the backlash they will get from the public, will cause someone, somewhere, to not report something they should.

In fact this happy snapper should have been fined the cost of everyone's time.

golach
11-Oct-11, 08:23
It looks as if common sense has prevailed, Barrhead has backed down.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-15251848

ducati
11-Oct-11, 08:28
It looks as if common sense has prevailed, Barrhead has backed down.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-15251848

Oh dear! Won't be shopping there again. Facebook strikes again.:roll:

John Little
11-Oct-11, 08:47
Oh dear! Won't be shopping there again. Facebook strikes again.:roll:

Load of rubbish - I'm surprised at you Duke.

Nobody takes the slightest bit of notice of Facebook Campaigns [disgust]

golach
11-Oct-11, 09:04
Nobody takes the slightest bit of notice of Facebook Campaigns [disgust]

Only the Campaigns of any importance [lol]

John Little
11-Oct-11, 09:07
One man's meat is another man's poison...

linnie612
11-Oct-11, 10:45
Still, at least 'Chris' got his fifteen minutes...

Bazeye
11-Oct-11, 11:50
And meantime, we welcome would be terrorists to come and stay in our country with open arms!

Yeah, except that half of them are born here.

sandyr1
11-Oct-11, 13:09
ok the dead baby one... sounded to weird to be true.. looks as if i was right
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/drugs/deadbaby.asp
seems this story has been around a few times

Brandy....because I am from Lybster, growing up there , it is not to say I have not experienced strange goings on in the World.
The above I have been involved in, and more....

And who would have thought Doctors would have driven a vehicle into the Glasgow Airport, in a terrorist attempt or whatever the root of the problem was.
So someone says for whatever reason....'No photos'. To me that is not to take photos...... That to me says there could be a problem, and again the Polis are normal average everyday people, some frae Lybster!
I am sure the Mall will calm things down, but people just have to think...Don't disregard something that perhaps will keep us safe...as was said, children are used for many different illegal activities, from entering small windows for the purposes of Breaking and Entering, to the child suicide bomber and don't think the North of Scotland is immune....No place on earth is immune!

sandyr1
11-Oct-11, 16:34
Wsa re-reading the original news story/ Am not too sure if showing a young person that rules mean nothing, even if I it was a 4 year old. Other people see that and follow the leader.........