PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic News!

Jeid
12-Oct-06, 22:26
Only 73 days, 2 hours and 31 mins to Xmas!

Better get shopping :D

angela5
12-Oct-06, 22:28
Thanks that has just cheered me up no end..:~(

Fluff
12-Oct-06, 22:32
You think that is bad? House of Fraser down here put up christmas trees for sale- at the end of September!!
Our shop is getting its x-mas decorations put out in the next few days, bah humbug!

sapphire
12-Oct-06, 22:47
Oh No! Please not the 'X' word,,,,,,,it shouldn't be allowed until about the15th of December............that would be soon enough for me! :(

lassieinfife
13-Oct-06, 00:37
GGGGGGGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr[evil]

connieb19
13-Oct-06, 00:39
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c34/mathewsmj/misc/santas/dead-santaR.jpg

Mister Squiggle
13-Oct-06, 09:13
I heard on BBC2 that a town in England already has its Christmas decorations up. Apparently this is because the local Council's health and safety requirements state that each and every bulb has to be checked by Council workers and an independent electrician. Hence, put 'em up 3 months early and start twiddling each little bulb.
Insane, isn't it? I'm thinking of turning pagan.[evil]

Jeid
13-Oct-06, 09:50
72 Days! Wooo

Dreadnought
13-Oct-06, 09:52
I heard on BBC2 that a town in England already has its Christmas decorations up. Apparently this is because the local Council's health and safety requirements state that each and every bulb has to be checked by Council workers and an independent electrician. Hence, put 'em up 3 months early and start twiddling each little bulb.
Insane, isn't it? I'm thinking of turning pagan.[evil]

SHHHHHHHH!!!!! Someone will complain and they'll have to take them down again in case they offend someone in outer Uzbekistan! :lol:

golach
13-Oct-06, 09:54

Bah Humbug!!!!![evil]

Hibeechick
13-Oct-06, 09:56
We have our christmas stock in but there is no way it is going out already!! We need to get Halloween out of the way first! x

Dreadnought
13-Oct-06, 09:59
Our warehouse took in the first shipment of Easter Eggs the other day...

saxovtr
13-Oct-06, 10:12
thats cheered me up soooooooo much [evil]

krieve
13-Oct-06, 10:31
I noticed the co op have advent calendars in ;)

connieb19
13-Oct-06, 10:36
All the Christmas stuff is out in Woolies and DR Simpsons.

angela5
13-Oct-06, 10:50
The 99p shop has had there xmas decorations in for a while now..

Tiger Jones
13-Oct-06, 11:20
I ordered my 3012 calendar yesterday.

Ann
13-Oct-06, 11:22
What is this Xmas everyone is talking about? Is it that pagan festival where everyone tries to spend all their money and more to give the children all the latest toys and gadgets that the media have told them they need? And where every present has to be wrapped in expensive paper with expensive handmade cards and expensive fancy carrier bags to put them in?

And is it when some poor unfortunate person makes a family dinner, spends a fortune on food, half of which will be wasted, where children end up in tears overwhelmed with all the presents and sick with all the food?

And of course there is the sending of expensive cards to people who are only acknowledged at Xmas; to workmates you cannot stand; the office parties where employees say things they would never say to the boss at any other time of year.

Is it the time when everyone moans about it, gets into debt for it, wonders where they will put the next batch of toys, perfumes, socks etc., the time when all the shops are vying for our money, make us feel guilty for not buying the very best for our loves ones to show how much we love them and then of course, the huge sigh of relief when it is all over!

Is that what Xmas is all about? :eek:

mccaugm
13-Oct-06, 13:24
What is this Xmas everyone is talking about? Is it that pagan festival where everyone tries to spend all their money and more to give the children all the latest toys and gadgets that the media have told them they need? And where every present has to be wrapped in expensive paper with expensive handmade cards and expensive fancy carrier bags to put them in?

And is it when some poor unfortunate person makes a family dinner, spends a fortune on food, half of which will be wasted, where children end up in tears overwhelmed with all the presents and sick with all the food?

And of course there is the sending of expensive cards to people who are only acknowledged at Xmas; to workmates you cannot stand; the office parties where employees say things they would never say to the boss at any other time of year.

Is it the time when everyone moans about it, gets into debt for it, wonders where they will put the next batch of toys, perfumes, socks etc., the time when all the shops are vying for our money, make us feel guilty for not buying the very best for our loves ones to show how much we love them and then of course, the huge sigh of relief when it is all over!

Is that what Xmas is all about? :eek:

Bah Humbug!

I LOVE CHRISTMAS...there I have said it, I love the baubles, the presents, Santa (Yes he does exist), the cards, the spangly paper, the tags, Nut Roast (I am veggie) everything. I have already started buying presents, started in August. I get very emotional as soon as the Advent Calendar shows the first of December. I am unashamedly a lover of Christmas. I "held" Christmas dinner at mine last year for my largish family and it was the best ever. Doing it again this year...cannot wait. So Bah Humbug to all those who don't enjoy it cos I do!

Murchiemannie
13-Oct-06, 15:16

Ohhhhhh! you have sooooooooo upset my happiness. We haven't got passed Halloween yet.
Christmas.....Bah! Humbug.
Come back and tell me Christmas is coming at the beginning of December so I can send my overseas c'cards in plenty of time.

Ruby-roo
13-Oct-06, 15:45
http://home.valornet.com/sabruf2/countchr.html (javascript:ol('http://home.valornet.com/sabruf2/countchr.html');) :lol:

grumpyhippo
13-Oct-06, 15:53
It can't really be nearly Christmas there aren't any Easter eggs in the shops.

Ann
13-Oct-06, 16:13
Yes, I'm a Bah Humbug; how did you guess?:lol: I guess I'm getting too old to keep up!

airdlass
13-Oct-06, 16:25
There's a house in the next village to me who's got their xmas decorations up!:eek:

WeeBurd
13-Oct-06, 16:43
There's a house in the next village to me who's got their xmas decorations up!:eek:

Oh my goodness, now I love Christmas, but this early is just too much - lets get the pumpkins out of the way first! [lol]

Dreadnought
13-Oct-06, 18:30
Something to get you all in the mood (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5733222252764977447&q=christmas). :D

Mister Squiggle
13-Oct-06, 18:37
That was amazing. Give that house an ASBO!
Can you imagine living over the road to that? It makes our annual "single string of lights hanging limply in the window having been mauled by the cat" display look pretty second-hand. I feel inspired.

martin macdonald
13-Oct-06, 18:44
i look forward to xmas as much as a turkey.regards the postie:Razz

obiron
13-Oct-06, 19:18

man thats early...

the house with the lights was well cool.

i like christmas. i like watching the boys opening stuff at christmas. i have a limit on what i buy and dont go overboard. every year i ask them instead of presents would they like to donate the money instead of receiving anything. they're kids so you can guess the answer.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
13-Oct-06, 20:28
I luv Christmas me.Every year it brings me such joy.

The joys of singing Christmas Carols,stuffin yer face wi Turkey until ye boke.2 selection boxes just to help it down its way.....BURP!!!Spend two days wi the family,no work worries...have a beer wi the family,watch a wee bit o festive TV.Christmas is a holiday,the stuff wi the manger is for the more Christians than me.

73 days bring it on!!!!:lol: :lol:

grantyg
13-Oct-06, 20:39
So I`m on my october week - last day today and I was meant to be preparing music for xmas concerts but as usual i was hiding from it thinking it`s still t shirt weather not jingle blinkin bells weather.
73 days just makes me think I`m late and need to get some work done instead of sitting on my fat bum!

GGGRRRRRRRRRRR

mind you they do say - and science has proved that singing a xmas carol to yourself cheers you up no matter what time of year...........

Ding dong merrily on high in heaven the bells are ringing falalalalalalalalalalaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalallallalal alalalalalalaaalalalaala
hosanna in excelsis------------------ faaaaaaaaaaaalalalalalalalalalaaaaaaaaaalallalalaa lallaaaaaaaaaalalalalalallalalalalaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lalalala
]aalalalalaa hosana inxcelsis.
lalalalalalalaaaaaa

Opps I`m happy again still the weekend to go then back to work

thanks for cheering me up!

deck the halls with bows of holly falalalalal lalalalala
tis the season to be jolly falalallalala lalalalalaa

god rest ye merry gentlemen la la la la la la
nope that one don`t cheer me up!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
13-Oct-06, 20:42
FAlalalalala........laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....I'm singing along wi ye grantyg:lol: :lol: