PDA

View Full Version : When is low tide at Reiss beaach tomorrow?

Kathy@watten
08-Oct-11, 16:21
Anyone know the tides for tomoorow at Reiss beach was planning taking horses and no point if the water is up to the rocks as no beach to gallop along. Much thanks in advance. KT

Mystical Potato Head
08-Oct-11, 16:40
Look up Google,its what it was designed for.

http://www.britishbeaches.info/sinclairs-bay-reiss-golf-course-highland/weather-tides

Kathy@watten
08-Oct-11, 16:45
Thanks Mystical Potato Head you are a fountain of knowledge! Had no idea what to google for and the tide timetables I did find were too cryptic for my simple blonde brain to figure out!

davem
08-Oct-11, 16:48
http://easytide.ukho.gov.uk/EASYTIDE/EasyTide/ShowPrediction.aspx?PortID=0267&PredictionLength=7

This gives an idea of how high and low the tides will be too.

People are always better than Google! :)

bigk
08-Oct-11, 17:04
you can get a tide book from harpers in thurso and i think from hugos in wick also.....just for a donation to the r n l b i will give you the tides for the year...i think wick is about an hour after scrabster...

Dadie
08-Oct-11, 17:29
High tide at scrabster is at 0728 today and 0805 tommorrow and 0837 monday and it seems to be a high high tides at 4.05 m 4.24 and 4.41 m low tide will be about 6 hrs later and I think as its a such a big tides it will go out further so you will have more beach and I suppose Reiss will be about an hour after but as it doesnt seem to move much in the last hr or so ....you will have beach for a good long run!
Your lucky I have a tide timetable in my pocket for working on the beach!
And I added on the hour for BST for you as well!

orkneycadian
08-Oct-11, 17:34
Had no idea what to google for and the tide timetables I did find were too cryptic for my simple blonde brain to figure out!

Those boffins at Google have done all they can to make it as simple as possible! Watch and learn....

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=when+is+low+tide+at+reiss%3F

Click the first link it returns, and lo! the same webpage that MPH has posted!

rogermellie
08-Oct-11, 18:04
we use the BBC's tide tables for fishing.

easy to use and it gives a 7 day forecast.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/coast_and_sea/tide_tables/7/267/

mumof2
08-Oct-11, 19:10
jeezo what happened to "ask a simple question, get a simple answer????" have fun at the beach might even see you there!

orkneycadian
08-Oct-11, 19:20
jeezo what happened to "ask a simple question, get a simple answer????"

Google came along! Ask a simple question, get a simple answer, usually in less than 0.1 seconds!

As an aside, if the OP took some erroneous advice from someone on a forum who had misread the tide tables / Google / position of the moon and ended up being stranded by the tide / drowned / washed away to sea (hardly likely at Reiss I grant you), would the poster of erroneous information or the forum be responsible?

I ask as up till last year, Radio Orkney in the summertime, broadcast the low tide times at which you could cross the causeway to the Brough of Birsay. Had done for years. But they have now stopped as they say they could be liable if someone takes their advice and crosses to the Brough, only to become stranded if the radio stations interpretation of the tide tables was wrong. Now, its down to the tourist to make their own judgment and to read the tide tables themselves.

suttonstar
09-Oct-11, 12:00
Low tide at reiss is 4-30 today.for easy look up of tides,just google,Wicktidetimes.it will give you easy to read high+low tide times everyday,even easy for blonde brains,only joking!x.

Corrie 3
09-Oct-11, 17:24
jeezo what happened to "ask a simple question, get a simple answer????"
Anyone know what time Tesco shut's today please?

C3............:roll::roll:

orkneycadian
09-Oct-11, 17:34
Sorry Corrie 3, I do know, but cannot tell you in case I have misread it on the Internet and you have a wasted trip to get there to find it closed, then sue me for loss of petrol / earnings / Big Brother watching time. ;)

George Brims
10-Oct-11, 22:22
Google came along! Ask a simple question, get a simple answer, usually in less than 0.1 seconds!

As an aside, if the OP took some erroneous advice from someone on a forum who had misread the tide tables / Google / position of the moon and ended up being stranded by the tide / drowned / washed away to sea (hardly likely at Reiss I grant you), would the poster of erroneous information or the forum be responsible?

I ask as up till last year, Radio Orkney in the summertime, broadcast the low tide times at which you could cross the causeway to the Brough of Birsay. Had done for years. But they have now stopped as they say they could be liable if someone takes their advice and crosses to the Brough, only to become stranded if the radio stations interpretation of the tide tables was wrong. Now, its down to the tourist to make their own judgment and to read the tide tables themselves.
Last time I was there (40+ years ago) the answer to "When will the tide come back in?" was "Right now" and we got our feet wet making a last-minute dash.

brandy
11-Oct-11, 00:41
just to be cheecky.. ask google a simple question get 5 million answers that can be all dif *laughs*

orkneycadian
11-Oct-11, 18:54
Ah, then you need to hone your Googling technique! ;)