PDA

View Full Version : sky prob

wicker
12-Oct-06, 12:55
Since last night i have been getting error on sky saying no satellite signal being receieved. Done the usual unpliug everything for a while then plug it back in but same thing. Go into services and signal strenth and quality is ok but the network and other thing in there is showing all zeros.
Phoned sky last night and they said rain is problem and to leave til this morning which i did but still same prob, tried unplugging all again and leaving but still same thing. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this at all as know when i phone sky they will want to send out engineer which will cost a packet probably

angela5
12-Oct-06, 12:57
Maybe your reciever has moved, which is possible if it's been windy.

obiron
12-Oct-06, 14:23
our sky has been on the blink for a while. more than half the channels were off. so fed up i phoned them got the indian call centre bit useless. didnt seem to understand, phoned the other day again apparently there is a problem with it which cant be fixed by my remote so its an engineer for me only problem is i have to wait till next fri.
its a scunner cos its the channels that i watch like e4 thats off. last nite we had no sky at all so it was a dvd for me.

bigjjuk
12-Oct-06, 14:52
I had this problem and it was the little box at the end of your dish, it packs in slowly and you lose certain channels, then the whole lots goes. Its cheaper if you phone Chessor yourself to get it repaired rather then go through sky. Think its about £50 for a replacement through him, or about £80 through Sky who will just send him out anyway, i hope this helps

Macwull
12-Oct-06, 21:38
The box on the end of the dish is called an LNB, U'd prob be cheaper buying one possibly you may have to buy the dish too from graham beggs think its about 50. Its easy to replace just disconnect the cable and it then pops out once you release a stopper! Chances are if your dish has been up for a few years it'l be getting pretty rusty anyways!

acameron
12-Oct-06, 22:10
Since last night i have been getting error on sky saying no satellite signal being receieved. Done the usual unpliug everything for a while then plug it back in but same thing. Go into services and signal strenth and quality is ok but the network and other thing in there is showing all zeros.
Phoned sky last night and they said rain is problem and to leave til this morning which i did but still same prob, tried unplugging all again and leaving but still same thing. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this at all as know when i phone sky they will want to send out engineer which will cost a packet probably

I get this problem from time to time - I switch it off at the plug for about 5 mins and switch it on - everything is fine

wicker
13-Oct-06, 10:16
Well phoned sky last night did all the resets still didnt work, £65 for engineer to be called out but wouldnt be til 26th october so told them where to go. It then came back on later but all jumpy, quality of signal now very poor so going to go straight to colin chessor and get him out to look at it asap i think.

Thanks for all the replys and i like to think i can fix things but Macwull what you said about popping out and replacing it i know i wouldnt be able to do that lol

angela5
13-Oct-06, 11:50
It's usually colin chessor that is the engineer for sky. You might have better luck calling him personaly, good luck anyway.
Sky customer services there just brilliant are'nt they..:roll:

Moonboots
13-Oct-06, 14:32
Call Sky back and tell them that your not happy with the service and threaten to cancel. They will soon provide an engineer out for free to get the problem fixed.

It looks like it is your LNB and you dish might also be moved slightly with the wind.

Since you must be over 12mths of the subscription hence the £65 callout fee then I would get colin chessor through Sky to replace the whole dish as they will do this if you ask them to.

engiebenjy
13-Oct-06, 20:19
I have had SKY for years. I pay £7.90 per month which covers repairs to box, dish and lnb. (it is actually chessor that comes out when it goes wrong and you call sky). Mine went on the blink a couple of months ago, the guy came out, decided it had gone to digibox heaven, and left a new one in its place. I don'e grudge the £7.90 when that happens.