PDA

View Full Version : Emergency dentist

jac1791
06-Oct-11, 23:31
Has anyone else had problems with emergency appointments, I got an emergency appointment at lochshell dentist on 16th august, I need teeth out but need general anasetic for it as it's wisdom teeth and likely most of my others, so been phoning raigmore and kept getting fobbed off then last week was told it's been refering back to caithness general , they had no record of it so today I spent half the day trying to get answers - I finally got an appointment for mr nicol to assess how many teeth I need out ----- 29th NOVEMBER, so chance is I'll get them out in January!!!! And this is classed as an EMERGENCY

poppett
07-Oct-11, 16:33
You do seem to have had the run around jac, but Mr Nicol is absolutely brilliant and hopefully worth the wait.

jac1791
07-Oct-11, 18:06
Yeah heard he is good so hoping he takes pity on me and takes them out before Christmas

poppett
08-Oct-11, 15:37
He certainly won`t keep you waiting any longer than necessary.

I took my Dad to him after his private dentist refused to extract a tooth because of the anaesthetic risk with his multiple medications. Mr Nicol dealt with the tooth at the initial appointment and saw him again within three weeks for the rest of the work he needed to be done.

First class service, from a health care professional who really cares.

mumof2
08-Oct-11, 19:16
just hope your appointment dosen't end up being 24th Dec, talk about spoiling xmas dinner!. that's the date my pal was offered last year after waiting months to be seen.

JNMWick
12-Oct-11, 08:28
I'm struggling to even get in touch with them. I'm desperately needing an appointment asap today and can't get through on the Lochshell number, they direct me to NHS 24. Phoned them and they say to phone your dentist! Anyone have a contact number for Lochshell?? Thanks :)

RecQuery
12-Oct-11, 09:29
I've only used the service a couple of times but I've never had any problems, I get appointments the same day etc. I just wish I could get registered already. The guys I saw were excellent.

You need to phone the emergency number (0845 644 2271) after 09:45. The direct Lochsell number is 01955 609940.

jac1791
12-Oct-11, 11:16
Got my emergency appointment --- 29th November !!!!!

RecQuery
12-Oct-11, 11:34
Got my emergency appointment --- 29th November !!!!!

Hmm, that just seems weird. Every time I've used the emergency service and stated that Lochshell was my preferred location I usually get the appointment the same day and before 12:00. I've got no special considerations either, I'm young, healthy with no history of anything and employed. My only annoyance is the waiting list to register.

JNMWick
12-Oct-11, 13:16
Got my emergency appointment at last. Phoned them this morning and am now back at work having had the work done!
Not the neatest job in the world but it'll do until I get registered again with a private dentist.

jac1791
12-Oct-11, 20:42
Had my 1st emergency appointment on 16th august, told I need teeth out so got to wait to get that done - had another emergency appointment today to get anti biotics to get rid of the infection until I see mr nicol on 29th November