PDA

View Full Version : 3 mobile coverage

Macwull
06-Oct-11, 08:42
Does anyone know what the 3 mobile coverage is like in caithness especially poltney side of wick? have cheked there coverage map and was in store yesterday and he assured me it should be fine but wud like to c if anyone is actually using them before i sign up for 2yrs! cheers

JSutherland
06-Oct-11, 08:48
I wouldnt go near them! I signed up with them for 18 months and I was assured the same. It was the worst coverage ever! They maybe have good deals but id stick to o2 or vodafone. Also there customer service is attrocious!

bekisman
06-Oct-11, 09:02
Jsutherland is spot on!, they are useless in coverage and customer service.. stick with 02.. this may help:

http://www.store-3.co.uk/3-coverage-checker.html

mmc17
06-Oct-11, 11:17
Have to disagree with the previous posts. Been on 3 for about 8 months and get good signal just about everywhere! 3 are also making improvements on there network coverage all the time!

Macwull
06-Oct-11, 11:27
thanks for your replies. mmc17 do u live in wick? they have good deals and if im not happy with the signal i can return but would be a return trip to inverness!

Earlhickey
06-Oct-11, 12:24
Hi,
I'm in Wick have been using a 3 smart phone for a few months, signal is fine, full 3g with internet in Wick but signal around county is patchy but no worse than Vodafone. Got a free 3 sim with my contract phone which my wife now uses with no problems

111heather
07-Oct-11, 14:08
hi i have a 3 phone signal in some parts o pultney not good try to get on the web you have to move about the best aria for signal is in an around dempster st aria down by the high school

Xposin
07-Oct-11, 18:02
i live in Poltney & i changed from o2 to 3 around 4 months ago and i must say its the best decision ive made. i wouldnt hesitate in changing to 3. theres been a handful of occasions when the signal went off for about 10seconds, no big deal.

Geo
09-Oct-11, 19:03
I recently changed my wife's contract from 3 to giffgaff (runs on the O2 network) as any time she tried to phone while inland of Wick or Thurso the signal was awful. When cancelling 3 said they understood why given where we live. They are stopping their agreement with Orange which gave them wider coverage, which doesn't help. Their coverage map suggests they will be ok around coastal areas of Caithness though.

johnlc
11-Oct-11, 07:11
Hi i have been on network 3 now for about 4 years and i love it,the reception is great in wick,the only place i have found it not so good is a certain place in thurso ie pennyland terrace on and halkirk also,but besides that everywhere else seems fine.x