PDA

View Full Version : re-enamelling cast iron tubs???

brandy
26-Nov-04, 20:13
does any one know how to do this where i can get it done. can you do it yourself and how much it will cost?
we are doing up our bath room and have a great ole tub but the enamel is gone off it and if we cant get it redone afraid we will have to go for one of the crap new fibre glass ones *sighs* anyone have any ideas?
please help! :D

Gizmo
26-Nov-04, 20:33
Trust me on this one, take a hammer, put your cast iron bath in a hundred bits and put it in the bin, it will cost you a small fortune to get it re-enamelled, plus a new one will set you back a good 6/8 hundred quid, and there is nothing wrong with fibre glass baths at all, and if you drop a bottle of beer on them they dont chip and get knackered :D

apollo69
26-Nov-04, 20:40
I don't know if anyone in Caithness does it - there's a company in Elgin that do it phone number 01343 540952

I think, but may be wrong, they are who the council use. It would be worth contacting Bathroom Planet in Thurso or similar for advice though.

Gizmo
26-Nov-04, 20:51
The council dont re-enamel baths, they just buy cheap rubbish steel baths from a local supplier to replace them.

apollo69
26-Nov-04, 22:01
The council re-enameled my bath years ago and it was a crowd from the Moray area that did it. I think if my memory is right.

Wizzbang
26-Nov-04, 22:14
I have seen kits that let you DIY

pos homebase or the like.

swlr