PDA

View Full Version : Excellent Police Service

saffy100
12-Oct-06, 01:03
Hi

I just had excitement at mine,due to the weather the front of my house flooded, ( i live in Castletown) any Castletown people out there may remember or flood last year on the main street, well it was almost up to the door again tonight (11.30pm ish) i waited a while but it did'nt go away.....so i did'nt know who to call.....so i called the police to ask who i should contact....2 officers came out, saw the flood and so went of to get sandbags for me..in the mean time the flood started to subside...so i called the police back (obviously not the emergency number, just the station number) and explained that it was going down...the lady i spoke to (both times) was lovely, very helpful and friendly, she said they were on their way back to mine but she would let them know, they arrived, and could'nt believe where the water had all gone, but got the sandbags out and put them in front of the door anyway,(i'm glad they saw how bad it was, cos people would have thought i'd been on the sauce), i apologised for dragging them out, but they just said that it was the right thing to do and it was no problem and that it if backed up again not to hesitate to call. What an excellent service, i have to say that they were so nice and friendly about it all....so a big thumbs up for the officers.

The water authority however said it was the council's problem...thank goodness that the police helped as the other authorities were passing the buck!!

Saffy100

Kingetter
12-Oct-06, 01:20
Good to hear a positive word about the police. Pity you weren't armed with a digi camera at the time eh?

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
12-Oct-06, 18:03
On the other hand i'd like to point a *FACTUAL* not gossip story about a very close friend of mine's dealing with the local constabulary.

At the end of July my friend's supposed girlfriend managed to get hold of his bank card and pin number and managed to steal £2,300 from his bank. On going to police they were initially very thorough and listened to his story carefully and assured him that everything was on his side and although he may not see his money again the girl would be charged. Since then they have made promises and promises about going to challenge her and have been on the phone saying they have gathered evidence, yet they cant track her down. However in this time she has been known to the police for other things such as a physical fight with her own father in a hotel in Thurso. Why can't they track her down? Don't you think they would enjoy a real crime to get their teeth into ???? Even I would have half an idea where to find her if I wanted to look for her and I don't know the girl personally.

The girl in question is walking around brazen as anything and has told others that the reasoning as to why she stole his money, she even lied about her grandfathers death to cover her initial disappearance. You're not going to start stealing this amount of money at 25 years old are you? This girl has a past yet the police still cant find her. I'm not complaining at the fact they cant charge her just at their miserable efforts even to talk to her.